Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Looking at the plots. I'm really glad we have like thousands of plots for FCs and ~300 for players, because the FC ones basically no one seems to wanted to get one while the player ones is almost used one in ONE period...
    Don't they have stats on that stuff or something? It was pretty obvious we don't need 4x as many plots for guilds than regular players, since it'd need demand for a thousand NEW plots for guilds, while most likely already have a house

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Sooo...

Housing lottery is a thing at the start of the patch, 6.1. Great news!

Now, what is even greater? To be the only participant! 100% chance!

Now, remember to claim your house today if you have one waiting, for you might lose to no one ('0').

SquareEnix managed to mess up a lottery so badly, that you can lose to the machine when you are meant to have 100% chance.. And hundreds are experiencing this..
    Yes because it's not like any other developers missed something small that ended up turning into something much bigger. Oh, wait, doesn't Blizzard and WoW screw something up like this every major patch? or Just general class balance?

Seriously, I know this is a WoW based forum, but even then the takes you folks have...

Quote Originally Posted by MsSideEye View Post
    Yes because it's not like any other developers missed something small that ended up turning into something much bigger. Oh, wait, doesn't Blizzard and WoW screw something up like this every major patch? or Just general class balance?

Seriously, I know this is a WoW based forum, but even then the takes you folks have...
    He didn't even mention Blizzard my man, he's expressing his frustration. I did laugh though when you take a shot at wow fans because of it though, I thought I was on the FF14 subreddit for a moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Sooo...

Housing lottery is a thing at the start of the patch, 6.1. Great news!

Now, what is even greater? To be the only participant! 100% chance!

Now, remember to claim your house today if you have one waiting, for you might lose to no one ('0').

SquareEnix managed to mess up a lottery so badly, that you can lose to the machine when you are meant to have 100% chance.. And hundreds are experiencing this..
    There is no chance in hell that any of those plots had only a single person bidding on it btw.
    It sucks that the system broke, but you didn't get "ripped off of a free win" like you seem to think... lol

Quote Originally Posted by Dakhath View Post
    He didn't even mention Blizzard my man, he's expressing his frustration. I did laugh though when you take a shot at wow fans because of it though, I thought I was on the FF14 subreddit for a moment.
    We're on a WoW focused site and forums, which by their very nature are predisposed to being sided behind that game and supporting it over others. Just look over to the Val poster who even has a Lalafell icon on their profile and yet almost universally spends their time on here putting down FF14 and everything about it as a key example of that kind of stuff.

The way the post was titled and worded, it gives the impression that this was a massive mistake that ruins the gameplay and set up for the massive fanbase as a whole... And yet when you compare it to something like Warlords of Draenors launch, where you couldn't progress at all in the questing because the Garrisons broke entirely.

Is it disappointing that this meant that some people ended up not getting a house? Sure. But it was a small error in the grand scheme of things.

And frankly? I'm more than free to take all the shots I want at WoW. I long since dropped Blizzard a long time ago and even only on these forums because I decided to take down the absolutely horrendous takes that people have because they can't handle the fact that WoW has long since lost it's touch. For the most part, I leave people who play it because they care about it alone. It's the people who decide that copium is the best thing and smacktalk 14 for no reason is when I step in.

We're on a WoW focused site and forums, which by their very nature are predisposed to being sided behind that game and supporting it over others. Just look over to the Val poster who even has a Lalafell icon on their profile and yet almost universally spends their time on here putting down FF14 and everything about it as a key example of that kind of stuff.

The way the post was titled and worded, it gives the impression that this was a massive mistake that ruins the gameplay and set up for the massive fanbase as a whole... And yet when you compare it to something like Warlords of Draenors launch, where you couldn't progress at all in the questing because the Garrisons broke entirely.

Is it disappointing that this meant that some people ended up not getting a house? Sure. But it was a small error in the grand scheme of things.

And frankly? I'm more than free to take all the shots I want at WoW. I long since dropped Blizzard a long time ago and even only on these forums because I decided to take down the absolutely horrendous takes that people have because they can't handle the fact that WoW has long since lost it's touch. For the most part, I leave people who play it because they care about it alone. It's the people who decide that copium is the best thing and smacktalk 14 for no reason is when I step in.
    That's great, but he didn't mention anything about WoW or Blizzard and you still took it like it was a personal attack against your identity. SE did fuck up today, and in huge fashion. That's both true and independent of any company that you don't like or may have hurt you.

Once again though, thanks for the laugh with the whole "when I step in". I'm sure Yoshi-P is ready to call you now to personally thank you for being his personal warrior of light.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakhath View Post
    That's great, but he didn't mention anything about WoW or Blizzard and you still took it like it was a personal attack against your identity. SE did fuck up today, and in huge fashion. That's both true and independent of any company that you don't like or may have hurt you.

Once again though, thanks for the laugh with the whole "when I step in". I'm sure Yoshi-P is ready to call you now to personally thank you for being his personal warrior of light.
    Yes, they did screw up. And the moment the realized? They gave everyone a heads up as soon as they can. That's still a hell of a lot better turn around then Blizz where in more than one case they've gone 'No, that's intentional' on their own screw ups.

And like I said before, I'm free to take as many potshots at WoW as I please, because I refuse to be a toelicker to a company that would prefer to kick me in the face when I'm wanting to support them. If folks are going to Rage at 14 because it's doing better then their 'pweceous game', then I'm going to rage right back.

In this instance? I was pointing out that Blizzard has done much more massive mistakes. And we all know that Yoshi-P and the rest will be doing their best to fix this in an expedient fashion. The way the post was phrased and titled along with the area we're in makes this seemed like a pot shot, so I responded in kind. Yeah, his post was mostly just venting, true. It's frankly YOU now that honestly I'm the most putting in the category of copium now.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saradain View Post
    Because people literally posted screenshots that winning number was 0, and since NO player can get a lottery entry number of 0...That means any winning number 0 = no one won the house plot. The rules state there will always be a player winning a plot, unlike in real life lottery.
    So they let the XCOM devs take control of FFXIV housing, CHECK THE BASEMENT FOR CHRYSSALIDS. Oh and bring lots of guns, those things don't go down easily.

haha look at this clown, op didn't bring up wow once, has valid point about a broken system. this idiot... "BUT DA BLIZZARD ALSO BAD". Defensive much? It's like you need to feel validated for your heroic deed of not playing a video game anymore. What a joke of a human being.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Let's pivot away from the "game vs. game" arguments and return to the subject of the thread.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by vatrak View Post
    There is no chance in hell that any of those plots had only a single person bidding on it btw.
    It sucks that the system broke, but you didn't get "ripped off of a free win" like you seem to think... lol
    There were definitely low bid plots even on Gilgamesh and other high pop servers. I can easily imagine a 1 bid plot on a smaller server when I only had to compete with 5 people on my plot.

I was the only one bidding on this land for my FC... Just my luck lol

Thanks to Shyama for this beautiful signature <3

My jaw about hit the floor when i read they reserved a stagger 18 wards for FCs and left only 6 left for players. Nearly all of those wards are empty. Even most of the mansions only had one bidder and the mediums almost all had 0. Those houses had FIERCE competition in the player wards though. smh

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vatrak View Post
    I was literally on the board as '1 participant', nothing more.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    There were definitely low bid plots even on Gilgamesh and other high pop servers. I can easily imagine a 1 bid plot on a smaller server when I only had to compete with 5 people on my plot.
    There is one I was looking at that had 9 bids and no winner.

10+ Year Old Account

That's nice and all, but doesn't really have to do with the topic, or even comparable on that part.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by selrah View Post
    There is one I was looking at that had 9 bids and no winner.

Just a small plot.. Nothing more we wanted. Apparently, hundreds of people had this happen, and according to messages, a solution isn't within a week, as the next lottery round has been suspended.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

This is why you don't make housing systems limited availability, and why you should not create neighborhoods for others to view your lot.

- - - Updated - - -

Listen. I love FFXIV. But this is a massive fuckup and deserves to be discussed. This had nothing to do with WoW or Blizzard or trying to claim that one game is better than the other. You really gotta stop being so defensive and taking everything as a personal attack.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, they did screw up. And the moment the realized? They gave everyone a heads up as soon as they can. That's still a hell of a lot better turn around then Blizz where in more than one case they've gone 'No, that's intentional' on their own screw ups.

And like I said before, I'm free to take as many potshots at WoW as I please, because I refuse to be a toelicker to a company that would prefer to kick me in the face when I'm wanting to support them. If folks are going to Rage at 14 because it's doing better then their 'pweceous game', then I'm going to rage right back.

In this instance? I was pointing out that Blizzard has done much more massive mistakes. And we all know that Yoshi-P and the rest will be doing their best to fix this in an expedient fashion. The way the post was phrased and titled along with the area we're in makes this seemed like a pot shot, so I responded in kind. Yeah, his post was mostly just venting, true. It's frankly YOU now that honestly I'm the most putting in the category of copium now.
    Whatever floats your boat. Once again, this has nothing to do with WoW. You're the one making it about WoW. You're on the defensive. You're the one upset that your 'pweceous game' fucked up, and you're the one being a toelicker to a corporation that gives zero shits about you. Have you seen SE's recent takes on social media? I promise you, you're nothing but a tiny little number to them, no matter how much Yoshi-P might like his work on a game.

This is by far one of the most hypocritical takes I've seen on this site in ages...

And all because people voted against instanced housing just because they want it to be sociable (show off).

https://eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodes...13921223930aa3

Enjoy waiting even longer now that the cycles are halted until investigation and fixes are done.