Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    LOL. You are REALLY playing the wrong game.
    MMOs aren't about being social, they're about working together as a team. These are not the same thing.

At work, I work as a team. This is not being social, though it can involve social elements if I want it to.
    In a raid, I work as a team. This is not being social, though it can involve social elements if I want it to.

In a friend group, I am social. We are not usually working together, but we are conversing and interacting. This is a social situation.

World of Warcraft is a multiplayer game, but that does not make it a social game. It can be a social game if players desire, but there's no reason it has to be.
    Last edited by Belloc; 2022-04-17 at 02:29 AM.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Priests have Fort, I rarely see them buff others. Mages have Arcane Int, I rarely see them buff others. Getting some Warlocks to use their summon stone or healthstones is hard enough when they are in your group, this suggestion sounds like an epic pain in the ass.

Forced "social" interaction just simply doesn't work. Hard no from me. Rock hard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

I'm gonna guess OP played an Entertainer in SWG.

Quote Originally Posted by Mokrath View Post
    Priests have Fort, I rarely see them buff others. Mages have Arcane Int, I rarely see them buff others. Getting some Warlocks to use their summon stone or healthstones is hard enough when they are in your group, this suggestion sounds like an epic pain in the ass.
    Well they nerfed the effectiveness of fort and AI so its not a big to get it. Meanwhile they create all of these "solo" buffs that are much more useful. That makes the game less social and hurts the game. Positive experiences with other players in-game create good feelings and help retain players and grow the sub count. Having a "helper skill tree" where you can dump points into skills and spells that boost the power of other players is something the game sorely lacks.
    Last edited by Kokolums; 2022-04-17 at 03:35 AM.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Why does wow need to be social everywhere? I prefer to play alone outside of m+ and raids where i enjoy banter on disc.

Quote Originally Posted by Neuroticaine View Post
    Toxicialic does pulsing AoE damage every few seconds based off of your max health. When you get it, it is 100% always going to be your biggest damage source, generally by a big margin
    And where do I get those?

Doesn't really matter anymore, since I'm basically done with ZM, but I like to know how I could miss those buffs after getting multiple chars to honored and one halfway to exalted. Are they those little fruits laying on the ground?
    Last edited by LordVargK; 2022-04-17 at 08:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    And where do I get those?
    Enhancement consoles in various locations, like Haven or Exile's Hollow. Needs to be unlocked/improved via cypher first, though. There's a large selection of possible powers, some rather minor some very strong. What you get is somewhat random.

They only work outside in ZM, of course, so it barely matters. Even the really strong one like the above-mentioned %dmg pulse hardly change anything. At best they let you own the world boss meters and have random people whisper you "WTF?" afterwards, but in terms of usefulness that's basically moot. Maybe you can complete your dailies in 4.5 minutes instead of 5. Whoopie.

LOL. You are REALLY playing the wrong game.
    Not really tho. MMO doesn't mean "socialize or gtfo", just that a lot people play at once. How they interact with it is up to them.
    Some play it to just wind down when grinding some mobs and others enjoy putting together social events
    Neither are the right or wrong answers
    We're way past the point of the internet and mmos being new and just talking to randoms we come across in a mine or something

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    Enhancement consoles in various locations, like Haven or Exile's Hollow. Needs to be unlocked/improved via cypher first, though. There's a large selection of possible powers, some rather minor some very strong. What you get is somewhat random.

They only work outside in ZM, of course, so it barely matters. Even the really strong one like the above-mentioned %dmg pulse hardly change anything. At best they let you own the world boss meters and have random people whisper you "WTF?" afterwards, but in terms of usefulness that's basically moot. Maybe you can complete your dailies in 4.5 minutes instead of 5. Whoopie.
    That might explain it. I've ignored those consoles, since I've already completed the questlines and many achievements by the time I unlocked those traits. Sounds like a designflaw tbh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Of course I'd bury some nice rewards for buffing loads of players. Not revealed nor handed out until end of xpac. Because anti-social players don't deserve it.

- - - Updated - - -

You are playing the wrong game. An MMO is supposed to be social.
    No you're playing it wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Of course I'd bury some nice rewards for buffing loads of players. Not revealed nor handed out until end of xpac. Because anti-social players don't deserve it.
    "lets punish people who dont play the way I WANT THEM TO!!!"... cant get more childish and self-centered than that...

An MMO is supposed to be social.
    no, mmo is supposed to have OPPORTUNITIES to be social, its up to you if you want to be social or not, wow now have more oportunities to be social than ever before and people are less social, thats not fault of the game, thats bcs people DONT WANT TO be social... those who want to be social can, and are, if nobody wants to be social around you, well perhaps look for fault in yourself not in game...

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    I wasn't being facetious. I'm honestly curious for an explanation as to who gets to decide what "social" means and to what degree things should or should not be "social".

You seem very sure of your own position, can you actually justify it or is this just a giant troll thread along the lines of LUL YOU JUST DON'T GET IT BRUH LMAO.
    This is the guy convinced a civil war was going to break out once Biden took office. I'm still waiting for that to happen.

Here's a pretty straightforward fix that wouldn't take them much: The ability to take those orbs and use them on other players. Maybe as a bit of an incentive to do that either you both get the buff, or it refunds 2 pocopoc energy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.