Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Don’t tell me what to do with my money

Quote Originally Posted by Rolex Snob View Post
    A friend in discord told me today that this old dinosaur of a game is releasing yet another expansion and I didn't believe him. I had to login this account after many years just to see for myself.

LMAO...the sad reality is that for 20 years you losers have played this shit game and let life pass you by. A lot of you probably left your families for some fat "elf" you met in your guilds and now this is your identity. Life has passed you by and you're stuck because this is all you have to show for it.

My guess on the new profession is a rapist executive where you rape your co-workers for skillpoints. Blizzard approved for sure.

LMAO at all you losers still stuck playing this trash. Eat shit.

You're just relevant enough for people like me to come and bully you. In before some fat hairy trailer park low income admin with a pony tail nukes my account.
    Lmao, you ain't bullying anyone, kiddo. This post screams "I was shoved in lockers."

7+ Year Old Account
    It doesn't matter anymore. People have been bending over for shit things game companies for far to long.

Quote Originally Posted by xmirrors View Post
    Yup, this post will certainly stop people.
    Stops me from doing it so that's at least one person.
    I tend to rush pre-orders but now that I think about it, I didn't pre-order Shadowlands and I never bought it and thus I dodged all the dogshit u guys had to deal with for two years

I will buy the expansion.. why? Because I enjoy the game, and I want to enjoy it for years to come. Does that mean I will listen to some person screeching that pre-orders are horrible? Or people like @Rendark who think that anyone who enjoys the game are "bending over"? Nope, they are amusing, but sometimes people really really need to learn that different opinions exist. And that it's time to learn the difference between subjective & objective.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TriHardBanEvader View Post
    Stops me from doing it so that's at least one person.
    I tend to rush pre-orders but now that I think about it, I didn't pre-order Shadowlands and I never bought it and thus I dodged all the dogshit u guys had to deal with for two years
    The tryhard part of your name is certainly correct!

15+ Year Old Account
    I'd only preorder for a mount, but I'm not doing it this time. There really has to be something that I for sure know will redeem the game, like new utilization of old content or new complex talent trees or other wicked customization. Before that, I'm not giving Blizzard money.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

Quote Originally Posted by Delekii View Post
    If you can put off the short term gain of mount number 358 for a few months, or even weeks, you stand to gain for years to come.
    you do realise they dont give a damn if you preorder it today or anytime later before release or buy it on day one of release?
    thats why preorders are INCLUDED in day 1 sales, bcs to them its the same, so no, you stand to gain nothing... ofc you alsoe stand to loose nothing, bcs there is nothing at play there

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SHOWT1M3 View Post
    I agree. Buying straight away sends the message that they are back on track. That they always had us and we are always ready to be back at an instant. We need to play a bit harder to get. Let them work for it up until release and not take it easy.
    every purchase from today up till release is all put together in day one sales, they couldnt care less if you buy it today or in half a year or on release day its the same to them...

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    You know what, I'm gonna preorder even harder now.

Quote Originally Posted by xmirrors View Post
    Yup, this post will certainly stop people.
    It stopped me

Quote Originally Posted by Neuroticaine View Post
    The people your post would actually have a chance of having any effect on probably already aren't going to be preordering it. The rest, I doubt your post will have much effect. People have been pushing against preorders like this for close to 2 decades now, and hasn't really had much of an impact. A very large portion of the customer base will be preordering it pretty much as soon as it goes live. The best you can really do is just vote with your own wallet and let others do as they will.
    There is no point in preordering imo unless they give an early release to those that do but even then you can preorder game a week before release and still reap benefits.

Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    I mean if you understand business and investor optics it's not hard to see that failing to get a good number of preorders in the first week or month of announcement sends a real message.
    except investors will NEVER even know that as preorders are included in day1 sales, be it from anouncement day or day before release or any day between that...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AngerFork View Post
    The problem with arguments like this is that it presumes that Blizz will see the first day pre-order numbers being low & panic, which is not something they or most companies do. They tend to play the long game with those pre-order numbers showing up on Day 1 sales, so whether you buy it now or in June it'll still show up the same. Moral stands are nice and all, but in this case simply not buying the pre-order right away is going to do all of nothing.
    thank god at least someone understand this...

- - - Updated - - -

You're just relevant enough for people like me to come and bully you.
    which just shows your life is even more pathetic than those you try to bully...

In before some fat hairy trailer park low income admin with a pony tail nukes my account.
    why would your mom do that to you, is she mad cause you ate all her crack?

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    except investors will NEVER even know that as preorders are included in day1 sales, be it from anouncement day or day before release or any day between that...

- - - Updated - - -

thank god at least someone understand this...
    This is completely false. In the video game industry preorder discussions come up frequently in investor meetings, especially in quarters where there are no releases. A quick google search brought up an example of this specifically related to actibliz: https://www.tweaktown.com/news/39516...ers/index.html
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Quote Originally Posted by TriHardBanEvader View Post
    I didn't pre-order Shadowlands and I never bought it and thus I dodged all the dogshit u guys had to deal with for two years
    most of that dogshit existed just on forums so you didnt miss it since you are here...
    all you missed was a lot of fun you could have ingame, cant guarantee you would, but i definitely did

The expansion is still a good year away from release. I wasn't planning to pre-order something from whom I don't know much about and barely seen anything. After SL they are back to having to earn my trust.

Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    This is completely false. In the video game industry preorder discussions come up frequently in investor meetings, especially in quarters where there are no releases. A quick google search brought up an example of this specifically related to actibliz: https://www.tweaktown.com/news/39516...ers/index.html
    ok, they talk about preorders, never claimed otherwise, could you point me in that article where they differenciate if the preorder was done on announcement day or few months later? or since you somehow missed my point in that link maybe post another where they actualy talk about that...

btw they literaly talk about using OTHER methods than pre-purchases, so thanks for further proof of this being completely pointless i guess...
    Last edited by Lolites; 2022-04-19 at 06:17 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mardux View Post
    No, it doesn't. It sends the message that I will end up playing it anyway at some point and if I get free shit for planning ahead then I'll plan ahead.
    Honestly. Can't be a more true comment.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

With shadowlands i waited till the prepatch. To buy it. Now after stopping in the korthia patch. I will most likely sit this expansion out.

I say this everytime: do not pre-order anything ever, forever.
    Wait for your alpha/beta invitation or watch others playthroughs.
    Do not be blinded by new, phenomenal mount that you will get from this.
    You can get everything after you are 100% sure it is worth it.
    Every single player loses when you give them money just for promises and cool looking conceprt arts or screenshots.
    They do not need to try when you pay for something that is not finished (or even started) yet.

Quote Originally Posted by cone of cold View Post
    It's not like you get the product earlier just because you preorder.
    You are right.
    It is even worse.
    It is like blindlessly buying a 'drug' that will be delviered in 2 years from now... instead just wait that time and think if it will be worth.
    Last edited by Mendzia; 2022-04-19 at 06:31 AM.

Hmm... let's see. Give a company money for an expansion that doesn't exist yet for a game I haven't played in two years because it's been a smoldering barrel of road-killed skunks or don't? That's not a hard call.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Imagine pre-ordering a game with no tangible benefits for pre-ordering from a company notorious for half-assing once they made their buck.

Woof.
    Imagine buying the game anyways right at launch after swearing to not preorder it then complain it sucks and come back 2 years later to tell people not to preorder.

Literally everyone with this take.

Stop worrying about how others spend their money, almost everyone in this thread will be in the xpac day 1 regardless of if they preordered it tomorrow or bought it at launch.

I don't preorder shit unless it's like a week out or a CE I want but why should I care if others do? Yawn.