Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by cantrip View Post
    But didn't you read the interview from Hazzikostas? He said he won't like to give character power from covenants anymore. Which is his solution to not being able to balance it correctly. If Ion cannot do a system right, he abandons its further development and simply removes the part he cannot do right. See LFR. See world quests. Which will lead to the fact only a few are going to play Covenants anymore, because character power was the biggest benefit of that system.

Welcome to the incompetence of the WoW development team.

But hey, you get some cosmetics, like dragon mount #327, and dragonkin pet #389. What a bright future Ion has for us players.
    Ion lies about tons of stuff so i would take anything being said from him with a massive grain of salt, he is a lawyer after all so he knows how to talk without saying anything that actually means anything.

Quote Originally Posted by united View Post
    They could barely balance covenants, and there are 5 dragonflights. That's more work.

Also, it would just be a shadowlands system renamed which would be unorignal and boring to have the same systems for 2 expansions in a row.

I'm seeing a lot of people theorize on which dragonflight they're joining and all I can say is I hope it doesn't work like that.
    Yes, they will and you will like it!

It was even worse than a rep grind in Catalcysm, for example, as rep in Cataclysm was not time gated. While renown was. You could literally run dungeons all weekend in Catalcysm and would get from friendly to revered.

After cataclysm, blizzard decided to control the progression rate with highly time gated daily quests. And never changed it back since then. The devs are control freaks, and cannot let players play on their pace.
    Any grind != rep grind

...is my entire point the whole time. How does this make it a REP grind on steroids???

No need to balance it. Make them transmog or skin class only

Because there are way more renown levels than reputation levels, and as i said, renown compared to old fashioned reputation is time gated. It took almost a year to get to renown highest level compared to reputations which were completed way faster. Especially before blizzard added time gating.
    Renown 40 cap was reached in 2 months into SL, not 1 year lol. After that you could reach renown 40 in a day if you wanted.

And yes it was a time gate of sorts, but there is no connection with this cap and a reputation grind. Especially how the acquisition on renown looked like. I still fail to see the point why you are comparing renown to a reputation grind. And especially with Cataclysm reputations. Renown was an important feature of the covenant sanctum early on and it had an impact on player power, while reputations in cataclysm were almost optional, with one notable exception of getting enchants (or was that wrath only? then they mattered even less).

Furthermore, Renown is, as I said, one of the smallest "issues" that the broader playerbase had with the covenant system. It's probably not even in the top 5.
    Last edited by RobertMugabe; 2022-04-18 at 10:08 PM.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Covenants 2.0 seems like the exact thing I'd expect from those designers' egoes.

They could barely balance covenants, and there are 5 dragonflights. That's more work.

Also, it would just be a shadowlands system renamed which would be unorignal and boring to have the same systems for 2 expansions in a row.

I'm seeing a lot of people theorize on which dragonflight they're joining and all I can say is I hope it doesn't work like that.
    You're forgetting a few things.

1. Covenants are actually pretty balanced compared to older systems
    2. Most cosmetic rewards can be used regardless of what covenant you belong to
    3. In the worst case scenario, switching to a different covenant is easy, instant and without cooldown

All they have to do is make the borrowed power by homogenous across all Dragonflights (the same tree/system regardless of who youre buddies with) and have the flights be mostly cosmetic/story.

And even ignoring all that, you're assuming they would let you join any of the 5 dragonflights. They can easily leave Black out of it due to it having so few members, or Bronze due to it being the most neutral out of the flights.

I'm betting the expansion will have 5 zones, each zone lorded over by a particular dragon flight, and you earn rep by grinding out dailies.

"Oh NO! A dragonwelp is stuck in a tree! Brave adventurer, I will give you 3 rep points if you get my welp down."

Yeah yeah, here's your damn welp...

You don't even know if "dragonflights" are going to be a thing yet but you're already complaining about it.

With Ion still in charge of WoW, I'm afraid this new expansion will just be Shittylands 2.0. Ion's came from the [H]ardcore Raid scene, he only knows WoW + Raids, and nothing else.

I think we won't get a good WoW expansion again until the Microsoft buyout is officially complete, and they bring in some fresh blood and name a new WoW game designer, and let Ion retire.

Quote Originally Posted by Weezull View Post
    You don't even know if "dragonflights" are going to be a thing yet but you're already complaining about it.
    I'm beating the Christmas rush.

I hate dragon flight, when is the next expansion?

dont doubt blizz stupidity
    Quote Originally Posted by Overlordd View Post
    This race is an abomination and atrocity. This race doesn't belong in World of Warcraft at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by mysticx View Post
    Got ganked by a Vulpera, huh?

If they went into the next expansion with all the lessons learned from how covenants work now.. it probably wouldn't be a huge deal. Its not a terrible system NOW. My worry is they would revert it to time gated boring grind outs they were at the start. It is just in their nature to always back step to that.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorachus View Post
    With Ion still in charge of WoW, I'm afraid this new expansion will just be Shittylands 2.0. Ion's came from the [H]ardcore Raid scene, he only knows WoW + Raids, and nothing else.

I think we won't get a good WoW expansion again until the Microsoft buyout is officially complete, and they bring in some fresh blood and name a new WoW game designer, and let Ion retire.
    M+ came from ion's oversight and that single-handedly made dungeons relevant post the first 2 weeks of the expac. WQ's are also a flat upgrade to dailies. While recent expansions have had problems so has every expansion post ion and every expac looking forward if he is in charge or not. You just want to be mad the game isnt catered directly to you, and I'd hate to see your vision of the game and dumpster fire of content that would include.

Locking players out of 3/4ths of a story/cosmetics based on some stupid arbitrary choice for 2 patches then removing it is one of the worst designed parts of any game I have ever played. Anyone that thinks covenants are good or would be good are absolutely brain dead.

Just make them reputations. We've had reputations for years and they've worked just fine.

Looks like no mention of joining a dragon flight in this expansion announcement. I always win
    change can't wait.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks like no mention of joining a dragon flight in this expansion announcement. I always win
    Not surprising. The game gets along fine without sub-factions that limit player-choice once you join one of them.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    Well, everyone said they couldn't balance covenants and they did it anyways.
    You think covenantz are balanced?

10+ Year Old Account
    The only thing that'll be part of a flight, is your dragon mount.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Palapop View Post
    You think covenantz are balanced?
    That, or they're pointing out that Blizzard went ahead with Covenants despite them not being balanced. I honestly have no clue which they were trying to say though, not even context for me to figure out which interpretation matches their intent.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.