Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1

    The return of Kael'thas

    Do you think Kael will be allowed to come back to Azeroth? After he spent his sentence in Revendreth of course. Even tho getting the leadership of his people back and demote Lor'themar to a simple ranger captain? I would like that.

  2. #2
    Even though I'd like more of him, he's dead. He's not comming back.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    Even though I'd like more of him, he's dead. He's not comming back.
    Vol'jin and some Loa were dead too. Still the Winter Queen allows them to come back to Azeroth.

  4. #4
    Are people who have died and gone to the Shadowlands even allowed to go elsewhere? I feel like there should be a fundamental rule that states that if you aren't technically "alive", you don't get to leave the Shadowlands; with the exception of Wild Gods and such who are "reborn" after a period of time


  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Grazrug View Post
    Vol'jin and some Loa were dead too. Still the Winter Queen allows them to come back to Azeroth.
    Vol'jin is alive and back to Azeroth? It seems I missed something important!

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    Vol'jin is alive and back to Azeroth? It seems I missed something important!
    He will be. Winter Queen told him that she will allow him to go back to Azeroth after he is reborn in a wildseed.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Grazrug View Post
    He will be. Winter Queen told him that she will allow him to go back to Azeroth after he is reborn in a wildseed.
    I thought that he would be reborn as some kind of Loa, not a living being. That's actually weird and totally changes the perspective about Shadowlands.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Grazrug View Post
    He will be. Winter Queen told him that she will allow him to go back to Azeroth after he is reborn in a wildseed.
    that's because he's a Loa now, sort of merged with Rezan. it's heavily implied something similar once happened with Bwonsamdi. but it's important to note Loa live very differently. they don't really live in Azeroth, they have their own realms which touch the mortal realms and they sometimes manifest in the mortal realms but don't really live there

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    I thought that he would be reborn as some kind of Loa, not a living being. That's actually weird and totally changes the perspective about Shadowlands.
    He took over Rezan's position as the loa of kings, once he stabilizes his power he will be given a slot to be reborn. Assuming no one else attacks Ardenweald and fucks with shit.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by rayvio View Post
    that's because he's a Loa now, sort of merged with Rezan. it's heavily implied something similar once happened with Bwonsamdi. but it's important to note Loa live very differently. they don't really live in Azeroth, they have their own realms which touch the mortal realms and they sometimes manifest in the mortal realms but don't really live there
    Are you talking about the Emerald Dream, or another realm ?

  11. #11
    I don't think it's even a matter for whether they'll allow him to come back or not. It would be completely out of character for Kael to abandon his people. The only way that anyone could stop him from returning would be to perma-kill him.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by defibrillator View Post
    I don't think it's even a matter for whether they'll allow him to come back or not. It would be completely out of character for Kael to abandon his people. The only way that anyone could stop him from returning would be to perma-kill him.
    That is what I thought too. His story is not over yet. He still wants to save his people. For that Lor'themar needs to be demoted. If he is once again the leader he can rebuild his kingdom and see them prosper again.

  13. #13
    Over 9000! Kathranis's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Posts
    9,220
    No, I don't think so. It's established that it may still take centuries for him to be fully redeemed and he's being groomed for a position of leadership within the venthyr. And he seems committed to the process. They also hinted that Lor'themar will converse with him and that will likely reinforce his commitment to ruling Quel'thalas as Regent.

    That said, if the denizens of the Shadowlands ever have some sort of ongoing role in the story, like if they join forces with the mortals in the cosmic war, I could absolutely see him acting as an envoy for the venthyr.

  14. #14
    Can Shadowlands inhabitants use the portals our mortal Azerothians created to enter the Shadowlands?

    And what happens if a being from the Shadowlands dies outside the Shadowlands?

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    Can Shadowlands inhabitants use the portals our mortal Azerothians created to enter the Shadowlands?

    And what happens if a being from the Shadowlands dies outside the Shadowlands?
    Kyrians do it all the time when they bring souls to the Arbiter. And Draka did too. We know this already.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    No, I don't think so. It's established that it may still take centuries for him to be fully redeemed and he's being groomed for a position of leadership within the venthyr. And he seems committed to the process. They also hinted that Lor'themar will converse with him and that will likely reinforce his commitment to ruling Quel'thalas as Regent.

    That said, if the denizens of the Shadowlands ever have some sort of ongoing role in the story, like if they join forces with the mortals in the cosmic war, I could absolutely see him acting as an envoy for the venthyr.
    Lor'themar is not and never will be the true leader of the blood elves. He is only a seat warmer.

  16. #16
    Kael should lead Blood Elves instead of that one eyed limp dick. Make BE darker again.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    I thought that he would be reborn as some kind of Loa, not a living being. That's actually weird and totally changes the perspective about Shadowlands.
    I also thought he became a LOA and thats how he was being sent back. Voljin took Razan's place as the king of Loas thats why and how he can come back, since Loa's never faithfully followed the mechanics of 'death' in wow. They always were reborn after a set amount of time after dying that is not new.

    Just make Kael a loa too, the loa of setbacks. Easy!

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by defibrillator View Post
    I don't think it's even a matter for whether they'll allow him to come back or not. It would be completely out of character for Kael to abandon his people. The only way that anyone could stop him from returning would be to perma-kill him.
    Last time his people saw him was in Outland and he didn't exactly come off a being their savior. Pretty sure the Blood Elves view him as a traitor who tried to sell them off to the Burning Legion. They would likely kill him if he showed up again.

  19. #19
    Moderator Cloudmaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Celestial Planetarium
    Posts
    1,679
    He is a fun character. I hope he will be back somehow especially now when he realized that he has failed his people and could do better.
    Last edited by Cloudmaker; 2022-04-19 at 12:36 PM.
    Behold my new creation!


  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Grazrug View Post
    Vol'jin and some Loa were dead too. Still the Winter Queen allows them to come back to Azeroth.
    Loa only snuck in by merging with Rezan, and Loa are gods not mortals so they're allowed to revive.
    Twas brillig

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •