Page 15 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KainneAbsolute View Post
    - Zones are meh. The dragon seat of power seems cool.
    - Iam not excited for the dragon people because I don't like the dragon form. More interesting are the half-giants or the gnolls in design.
    - The evoker is a sorcerer if you want the parallel with Dungeons and Dragons. In DnD the sorcerers were descendants of dragons, that's why they have magic powers. WoW makes sorcereres=dragon people.
    - Evoker and Dracthyr put together save Blizzard a lot of time in animation. However, I miss we don't have a dragon knight class.
    - No enemy announcement, but if the Dracthyr are experiments...I guess Chromatus may appear.
    - UI changes are good news.
    - New tree talents system...not convinced. We need more information.
    - Dragon riding is cool, but not enough. No new islands/warfront/mage tower/torghast/covenant/class halls? Maybe housing will happen but they are not ready.
    Yeah, i think there was alot that theyre not ready to reveal yet.

I believe it looks great so far and alot of the things people are complaining about will be revealed in the future. Im Pogchamping. Game looks good.

Quote Originally Posted by Mahcake View Post
    Of course, people are going to try it but that’s it. As I said, look at statistics. Monks and DHs are least played classes. This will be the same. Mark my words.
    I aolready marked them. You originally said that NOBODY was going to play the class. Now you are contradicting yourself and moving the goalposts.

Blizzard has taken a big gamble here -- this expansion will either be an enormous flop or a monumental success, there's no middle ground with these sorts of changes. Taking a risk like this is exactly what they need to do, screw the risk.

I am very optimistic about it because it looks beautiful, fun, fresh, and different. Yeah there are a lot of naysayers popping out of the woodwork, just ignore them -- some people can never find positive in things. I haven't been this excited about an expansion since TBC or WOTLK.

Quote Originally Posted by Farora View Post
    It will stay par for the course if you have the same game director, Ion. For much needed drastic changes to Wow you need a new vision from a new game director.
    I feel a little bad for Ion, I think he did a good job as a Lead Game/Encounter Designer, but I don't think he's right or was ready to be the Game Director. AFAIK he was only put in that position because the former one left to a different project.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hawg View Post
    Blizzard has taken a big gamble here -- this expansion will either be an enormous flop or a monumental success, there's no middle ground with these sorts of changes. Taking a risk like this is exactly what they need to do, screw the risk.

I am very optimistic about it because it looks beautiful, fun, fresh, and different. Yeah there are a lot of naysayers popping out of the woodwork, just ignore them -- some people can never find positive in things. I haven't been this excited about an expansion since TBC or WOTLK.
    I don't get what feels different about it. There is nothing truly innovative. The talent trees aren't a "new" system, its a reintroduction of the old system. Where is the innovation? Something we have NEVER seen before? There is none of that here.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    this sucked, sorry but where are the new features... I wanted player housing, zones not based on the elements, they just copy pass some systems of GW2 and FF14....

Good
    - The UI update (holy shit finally)
    - Talent trees (potentially)

Mixed
    - Dragon/evoker playable. Looks pretty derpy so far, but has some potential?
    - Crafting.

Bad
    - Cringe AF corporate presentation
    - Bland/generic zones
    - Story
    - No new features?
    - All the creatures look like updated/slight variants of old creatures so far?

Overall - Never been less excited for an expansion and have so little confidence in their teams. That presentation just cements how out of touch and corporate they are STILL. I'm actually kind of glad it was this bad as I feel like I can move on from this game finally.

The amount of zones get smaller every addon. The world is so small overall in addons its sad.
    Wide open old school zones like classic are so more atmospheric than the theme park addon zones where every 5m is an area specificly designed for 2 quests.

Quote Originally Posted by Recovery View Post
    Yeah, i think there was alot that theyre not ready to reveal yet.

I believe it looks great so far and alot of the things people are complaining about will be revealed in the future. Im Pogchamping. Game looks good.
    IF they haven't revealed it yet, it is not happening. That means no player housing, no other new class or any of that stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    This expac feels like filler (you can be a fan of that, doesn't have to be a bad thing for you relax), but it does feel underwhelming from an onset.

The world is pretty *As usual* tho.
    Filler expansions never bother me only the content and quality it contains. and so far its raised my eyebrow a few.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Quote Originally Posted by Genju View Post
    The amount of zones get smaller every addon. The world is so small overall in addons its sad.
    Wide open old school zones like classic are so more atmospheric than the theme park addon zones where every 5m is an area specificly designed for 2 quests.
    What? Sahdowlands had 4 zones. Dragonflight has 4 zones + a starter zone. Has is that getting smaller?

Quote Originally Posted by Recovery View Post
    They stated perfectly clear in my opinion, that we are going to explore and such. Much the same reason we went to pandaria, except theyre doing away with faction conflict, so unlike MOP, we wont be fighting against the other faction. Hence the reason explorers league is heading the expedition.

Just because you weren't paying attention to the given reason, doesnt mean one wasnt given.
    Sorry but "we're going there to explore" is a pretty boring setup for an expansion.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chilela View Post
    I am whelmed.

+ Crafting system overhaul looks fine, work orders are long overdue.
    + New talent system mite b cool
    + No power-based systems (for now)
    + Uldaman getting some love, apparently
    + D U C C

o No expansion-wide plot reveal, meaning we're probably getting a twist villain at the end, I'm still hedging my bets on something that isn't a dragon
    o UI overhaul is... Meh. No real feelings on it.
    o Zones look nice, albeit blatant thematic redos of older zones
    o New race/class are "eh", though I do appreciate them balancing the number of spec roles + armor classes out a bit. Kinda surprised at no tank spec.
    o Seems like they're improvising on lore, which will either turn out surprisingly decent (MoP) to unmitigated disaster (SL)

- One of the main selling points being glorified flying isn't a good sign. At least customization might be neat.
    - The cinematic was pretty (as Blizz cinematics tend to be), but much less interesting than others.
    - Marketing "Secret-filled zones" as if that's not something that's pushing a decade old in WoW at this point
    - Outside of some overdue overhauls, the expansion, so far, seems pretty devoid of interesting new features. Hopefully this means they'll focus on refining the game, if nothing else
    - No reveal window, we're gonna be stuck in SL for a while. And by "We", I mean "The people still subbed".

Overall, I grade this reveal D for disappointment.
    Them refining the game and getting back to the basics is kind of what i gathered from all of this.

People have been complaining about systems and ("features", which often are just systems) for so long now. They finally HIYAH them and now youre complaining that theyre gone? Come on.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wait, so did I miss that they said World Revamp? Cuz MMO-champion noted it as a feature?

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrackerzod View Post
    Sorry but "we're going there to explore" is a pretty boring setup for an expansion.
    Again, turned out just fine for MoP.

Can't believe we lost Tinker for whatever the fuck that new "class" was supposed to be

Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    SIgh..

What is the threat? What is the purpose? WHat and why are we there? What are we trying to do there?

Pretty cineamtic, ish.. but why? so little explained.
    Maybe that's a good thing. When I started with WoW I absorbed anything about a new xpac. Every class, skill and whatever I could find. Also playing the Beta etc.

After MOP I stopped with that and tried to enjoy the cinematic and some information bits here with mmo-champ. Trying to avoid spoilers and do "too much".
    Because this killed my expectations and fun with every xpac. And so far, every xpac still got me excited and I really like to play WoW. Yes, at the end I start to visit way less, because I don't have the time for any meaningful raid or mythic with kids, wife and work flying around. Growing up sucks in that regard.
    But still, WoW is may go to game for ages now. And will be I guess, till they shut down the servers.

Just try it - maybe less is more sometimes. I really hope the xpac will be something between WotLK, cataclysm and MoP. Maybe it's time for a xpac where we don't fight the ultimate evil. Were we simply rebuild and kick some serious ass. =)
    "Who am I? I am Susan Ivanova, Commander, daughter of Andrej and Sophie Ivanov. I am the right hand of vengeance and the boot that is gonna kick your sorry ass all the way back to Earth, sweetheart. I am death incarnate and the last living thing that you are ever going to see. God sent me." - Susan Ivanova, Between the Darkness and the Light, Babylon 5

"Only one human captain ever survived a battle with a Minbari fleet. He is behind me! You are in front of me! If you value your lives - be somewhere else!" - Delenn, Severed Dreams, Babylon 5

Definately not coming back ,0 hype , absolutely zero, theres nothing interesting at all.
    Thanks blizz for making me quit my Wow addiction.

looks better than SL i guess. not a fan of the new dragon race/class though.

but the talent trees,the crafting and the UI stuff seems good. these are all types of changes i've wanted.
    dragon riding also seems great. regular flying is so lame.
    I had fun once, it was terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Mahcake View Post
    Of course, people are going to try it but that’s it. As I said, look at statistics. Monks and DHs are least played classes. This will be the same. Mark my words.
    It would be interesting to see statistics on how often long-time players change mains. I've "switched" my main twice, but always come back to the first class I ever rolled. I'll defiantly try the new class, but I doubt it will become my new main.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    IF they haven't revealed it yet, it is not happening. That means no player housing, no other new class or any of that stuff.
    I dont think the vast majority of people care anything about player housing.

The class reveal is definitely enough. Assuming youre tinker squad member and are now salty?

There will be features that we havent seen yet. Bookmark this reply and @ me in a year or so.