Page 20 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    Its commodification. Gaming(Games) have headed that route for a long time. Games are a product, products are to sell. To make money. Now, aint anything wrong in that(to sell stuff), but this is the late stage result of commodification of a product(games).
    I guess it's also a depiction of the mentality we have right now, with people caring way more about aesthetics than substance. I honestly can't care less about skin colour, gender, political beliefs or whatever. I care about having good characters, stories and I want to have talented, passionate people at the helm of any projects regardless of who they are, but right now the package matters a lot more than what's inside in the eyes of most companies and that's why they won't care about having a good story, they care more about the identity of the characters and if the production is uninspired, well, they blame it on the audience for not 'getting it', for being 'bigots' or whatever. This is why they spend more time talking about the particle effects and landscapes than the story; it's why they didn't have anything mysterious at all, all Aspects arrive at the same time... When they mention the features, they never talk about something real, it's always 'it's cool', 'this is so cool and exciting', nothing grounded, only concepts.

I'm growing too old. LOL
    Last edited by Niter; 2022-04-19 at 06:52 PM.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Maybe in 5 years time we'll actually get to play this and Ions braintumor will have put him out of the picture as well.

Infracted for hateful language.
    Last edited by xskarma; 2022-04-19 at 07:04 PM.

They had a perfect plot device in place to revamp these sorry visuals in the Jailor "remaking" the world. No need for Wow 2.0 to make it look modern and updated, Jailor plot did it... but no... better drawn distance and... no plot so far aside from we go there to check it out. Monster Hunter on the dragon Isle I guess.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by awadh View Post
    I don't care about the zones, I care about raiding and now M+.

Without systems, with tier sets being back, with flying being unlocked soon (hopefully, but I see this dragonflight as secondary feature point of the xpac with the flying mechanics etc), raiding looks like it's going to be amazing without these dogshit grinds (ap, essences, covenants, renown etc). Raidlogging might be back on the menu so again skill >>>>>>>> time invested.

A better skilled player should never be outplayed by somebody who just grinded more AP or some other dogshit mechanic. Skill should always be the only determining factor, not how much of "no life" you have available at your disposal or how lucky you get with your first 2 (4 hard capped, Legion flashbacks) legendaries...
    Might wanna hold back that thought about the grind not being so much the case anymore. There is still so much more information we need before we can deduce that is off the table.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    Compared to how you can fly now it is not. Not by a long shot. What they want is flying day 1 like it is now. You will have to level your dragonridng up to get to that. So it isn't what they want.
    granted that feedback is at least understandable , but still.

They are adding gameplay to flight. This is good.
    I don't want solutions. I want to be mad. - PoorlyDrawnlines

Jesus tap dancing fucking christ. So a new race that can only be ONE class. Even worse, one class that can ONLY be the new race. This is probably the worst expansion reveal I've ever seen. The decisions are so mind numbingly stupid that I'm further feeling like Blizzard doesn't give a fuck about WoW AT ALL. Not even a little bit. We also have absolutely no idea what we are fighting. Blizzard needed to really impress the playerbase and dropped the fucking ball.

To quote Dewey from Malcolm in the Middle "I expect nothing and I'm still let down."

Quote Originally Posted by Liftbrul View Post
    Technically beautiful cinematic as always but completely flavorless and odorless. It managed to elicit precisely zero emotions from me even when it obviously tried to. And the new race looks like a sad joke, like someone's awful fursona you'd find on DeviantArt. Yawn-inducing, all of it.
    I'm mostly bummed about getting a new class and it's tied to one race again. if I'm remembering this correctly, this is the second class/race reveal that was done this way. DH got elves only, now we get evoker but it's for this dragon furry kin thing. that's twice now... I remember back in the old days when an expansion got announced and we got a cool new class that several races could play as or a new race that had X amount of class options. this is twice now we've gotten a reveal that was ONE race/class option. I know blood elves and night elves are technically two races but it barely counts. I loved everything else about this reveal except that. Been playing this game since vanilla and always get hyped about new options, was really hoping shaman would be an option for this new race. to hear it gets a new class and only that race can access it is depressing.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    SJW’s must work incredibly fast given that we’re only a few months from a huge lawsuit breaking showing a really unpc work culture where they pass over woman and minority’s for higher positions and hiring.
    they made sure to plant some in the reveal so we'd see how inclusive they are.

There is ZERO original thought or artistic merit in this whole thing.

There is just so much about this game and this team that rubs me the wrong way.

They're so fake and corporate that I physically feel nauseous watching these things.

There is almost nothing original or novel about what they do and the amount of money they bring in is absolutely absurd. Basically, everything was stuff they are half-ass stealing from other games or the community has aggressively been yelling at them to do for years.

The zones/creatures are literally slight mix and match of stuff already in the game, with seemingly nothing novel about them.

The new race/class looks like it's from a super derpy 80's Sci-fi movie.

The only interesting thing I'm actually interested in is how they change the UI, which is 15 years overdue, and that's probably because I'm a UX designer, which is sad thing to be the ONLY thing I'm excited about in an entirely new expansion.

We live in an age where merit and talent matter less and less and it's sad to watch.
    Last edited by Mojo03; 2022-04-19 at 07:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Flower Milk View Post
    Okay is it just me or does the "flying from the start" just look like a glider with a dragon skin? Like I'm sure you can actually unlock flying later, but I'm looking at the video and the description and nothing about it looks like "flying from the start" at all to me. Has anyone else noticed this?
    IF you read the description on the official site, you will be leveling up Dragonriding which will allow you to do more and stay in the air longer. It is flying from the start, just not full flying like we have now. That will come as you level up.

Quote Originally Posted by Sluvs View Post
    HOnestly, at this point, this community deserves literally the worst possible game.

1- people are literally complaining that there is no villain. People have been asking for no world ending enemy for a while now.
    2- People are asayng the zones looks barren. We have been asking for more expansive zones for a long time now. Not to mention... YOu have not played it yet.
    3- People are saying where are the features. In the same breath that they complained on the build around features of the previous expansions.
    4- People are complaining about dragonrideing that will allow you to fly day 1 apparently. Saying that it is not real flying.

At this point you guys just want to hate.
    well alot of people are complaining for good reason but I'll try and respond to your points here;

1 -just because there isn't a big baddie there still needs to be conflict for adventure and what not. That reveal cinematic didn't really help there and neither did the presentation
    2 - yeah This one I agree with u on. zones are zones you can't really say good or bad till end product and even then all zones pretty much start feeling the same after awhile in a game this old
    3 - There are little to no new features. A new class thats exclusive to a new race(that is exclusive to that one class) and system revamp again.....I mean they even use the ui revamp as a key feature that says alot about the lack of features
    4 - dragonriding doesn't really change the fact that its still just flying. Honestly from what they showed the new mounts and old ones both function bascially the same especially when used for its intended purpose of just traveling.

It all kinda feels like these new devs dont know what made this game such a hit. Its like watching old people try and figure out whats new and trendy kinda sad really

I was joking with that. OF course there were 5 zones.

- - - Updated - - -

That "data" is all speculative since Blizz does not release sub numbers for the past several expansions. We do not know what their actual sub numbers look like.

- - - Updated - - -

A vocal minoroty does not = large contingent. And if it were optional, what would the rest of us have to do? Gong by everything you all want, that means there will be no other content in the game as all the resources would have to be given to player housing.

They should be focusing as they are on getting people to go out and adventure, not play house.
    Come on, don't play dumb. We know why Blizzard stopped releasing sub numbers. That alone is proof enough that their sub count has been dwindling since - because they wouldn't stop if they were still going up.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Forteofgray View Post
    they made sure to plant some in the reveal so we'd see how inclusive they are.
    It should be pretty clear by now that corporate pushes the inclusive angle while those in the actual work place be knob ends.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by demonik View Post
    That cinematic although well made was just awful too. I almost forgot it was the reveal trailer for a wow expansion up until the dragon appeared at the end.
    As is the case with many WoW cinematics, there's seldom enough exposition and we're again left to put the pieces together ourselves. Somehow. Probably with the help of a new book that's coming out in six months!

Why are the Dragon Isles there?
    Who are these stone protectors?
    What is the beacon, why was it turned off?
    What reactivates this stone watcher we see in the cinematic and prompts him to turn the beacon back on?

All in all this isn't the "fun" kind of mystery, it feels more frustrating. We're not on another planet here, this is Azeroth, a place we've spent 18 years in, seeing all manner of its inner workings. Pulling out another "island shrouded in concealing mist" and more mystery box storytelling is... angering.

But... gameplay wise, I'm hoping things are better than Shadowlands. If they aren't, I'll unsub again.

Concept artists continue to carry the game. Can't wait for the raid sets to look 1/3rd as good as the art.

Quote Originally Posted by uuuhname View Post
    new Gnoll models look good.
    Yeah looks way better than the new races dragon form, and alot of the dragon mount customizations.

10+ Year Old Account
    1- Ofc there will be a villain, but this time they are not focusing on that. People have literally been asking for this. People were actaully using the classic cinematic as a benchmark for what they wanted.
    3- I get it, but people were complaining about there build around features ever since legion. this is their response.

I really disagree with you final take because for the first time since MoP, i got Vanilla vibes from these. This feels like old-school warcraft.

Dont ge me wrong, Im not sold on it just yet. And I definitely will not be pre ordering anytime soon.

I won't say that I have been underwhelmed, but I feel under informed.

My track record on my enjoyment of the expansion is pretty good, when I see the reveal I kinda know how I will feel by the end of it. It was this way with every single expansion. And for the first time since legion, i feel good about the expansion. Although I still need more info.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Doombringer View Post
    As is the case with many WoW cinematics, there's seldom enough exposition and we're again left to put the pieces together ourselves. Somehow. Probably with the help of a new book that's coming out in six months!

Why are the Dragon Isles there?
    Who are these stone protectors?
    What is the beacon, why was it turned off?
    What reactivates this stone watcher we see in the cinematic and prompts him to turn the beacon back on?

All in all this isn't the "fun" kind of mystery, it feels more frustrating. We're not on another planet here, this is Azeroth, a place we've spent 18 years in, seeing all manner of its inner workings. Pulling out another "island shrouded in concealing mist" and more mystery box storytelling is... angering.

But... gameplay wise, I'm hoping things are better than Shadowlands. If they aren't, I'll unsub again.
    They literally answered all your questions in the showcase.
    I don't want solutions. I want to be mad. - PoorlyDrawnlines

Quote Originally Posted by Tarx View Post
    who is the enemy ?
    The fans. As usual.

Quote Originally Posted by Alcsaar View Post
    Come on, don't play dumb. We know why Blizzard stopped releasing sub numbers. That alone is proof enough that their sub count has been dwindling since - because they wouldn't stop if they were still going up.
    Nope. Because as the game has gone along, other metcis have ben developed that give a much clearer picture of game health. For example, people can be subbed to the game, but might only play 1 day in a month. They have an active sub, but would you call them an active player? No you would not. As the game gets older, the players get older and their play habits change. Sub numbers cannot clearly reflect that change. Hence the new metrics that are more fluid. SO, no you have no proof of anything. OF course, their expansion sales numbers tell a whole different story and even that isn't a complete picture of game health.

Nope. Because as the game has gone along, other metcis have ben developed that give a much clearer picture of game health. For example, people can be subbed to the game, but might only play 1 day in a month. They have an active sub, but would you call them an active player? No you would not. As the game gets older, the players get older and their play habits change. Sub numbers cannot clearly reflect that change. Hence the new metrics that are more fluid. SO, no you have no proof of anything. OF course, their expansion sales numbers tell a whole different story and even that isn't a complete picture of game health.
    You're being daft. "New measures" are only created when the game is failing in the eyes of the original metrics.

Do you know inflation in the US Economy is calculated FAR DIFFERENTLY than it was 30-40 years ago? That's because inflation is so bad in the US now that if people saw what the ACTUAL representative inflation rate was, it'd cause panic. SAME EXACT thing is happening with WoW's metrics. They convolute and adjust how its measured to make the game appear healthier than it really, truly is.

Today, with these new "measurements", they might be able to claim that the game is "healthier" because a subscriber is playing "30% more than they were 5 years ago in an average month", but that doesn't mean jack shit if you've been slowly bleeding subscriptions that entire time.

They can warp the numbers to appear to be in their favor as much as they want, but there is no doubt that less people over all are playing, even if the ones who remain might be falling into the time sink trap more.
    Last edited by Alcsaar; 2022-04-19 at 07:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alcsaar View Post
    You're being daft. "New measures" are only created when the game is failing in the eyes of the original metrics.

Do you know inflation in the US Economy is calculated FAR DIFFERENTLY than it was 30-40 years ago? That's because inflation is so bad in the US now that if people saw what the ACTUAL representative inflation rate was, it'd cause panic. SAME EXACT thing is happening with WoW's metrics. They convolute and adjust how its measured to make the game appear healthier than it really, truly is.
    Making up claims to fit your narrative does not make them fact. I gave you examples of why metrics have been created. Just counting subs does not account for play style and is not fluid at all. They are not convoluted either. Pretty straight forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Assbandit View Post
    And yet you're here, still posting
    Ok, we should all leave your happy little echo chamber per your request.