Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    those milions came and after month they were gone without ever hitting level 30.

not even 10 % of them returned for tbc.

you know why ? because of how bad leveling experience was back then

lfd was only reason wrath and cata could have sustained above 10 mln subs. without it game would be in frefall back in wrath already not in mop.
    lmfao -- despite raiding figures being almost linear between expansions and multiple high population realms (some of which still experience login queues), now the game is in freefall for two different modes.

Yep. Totally dead game coming through.

ISWTFG, this community.

Just another comment to say that without dungeon finder there is zero chance I am touching this. In fact, now that they showed they are happy to change things as they like, if they don't bring dungeon finder right from the beginning then I am not touching WotLK Classic at all. If that's what the "majority" wants, let them have it then.

No dungeon finder ehhh what social aspect are we missing trying to read 10k words per min on LFG chat? It's Asmongold twitch chat simulator on large servers. One of the key thing I was looking forward to is to be able to just queue myself for quick dungeons.
    If these no change purists feel better with them self staring at LFG chat they can do that probably 7 others players who are like minded about this.
    Last edited by Jabakaga; 2022-04-19 at 06:30 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    For those that aren't playing classic and might not have an idea of what Wrath servers will look like when trying to find / make groups :

LFG channel spammed beyond oblivion with a billion SELLING BOOST mixed with a billion RAID X GDKP messages. This is what Blizzard meant when they said "we heard you want to make friends".

So basically they listened to the very small but annoyingly loud minority and are not including LFD. This is beyond fucking stupid. WotLK Classic is going to be a fucking ghost town just like Vanilla and TBC.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Whelp no dungeon finder means I won't be playing Wrath Classic.

O well.

Wonder what happen to that #NoChanges group...
    If you wanted it at launch you weren't part of the nochanges crowd either. It came with ICC. A lot of whining going on.

10+ Year Old Account
    no chance of LFG even in 3.3 = no buy

Seriously, if you want to play without LFG just do that for yourself or go to expansions without it, no ones stopping you to go play TBC Classic seasons . WotLK had LFG, it did more good than bad, deal with it. Who the fudge wants to spam in chat for an hour for a party and then have the tank leave cause hes out of time...
    Last edited by Feroxxy; 2022-04-19 at 06:52 PM. Reason: adjusted first sentence

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    So basically they listened to the very small but annoyingly loud minority and are not including LFD. This is beyond fucking stupid. WotLK Classic is going to be a fucking ghost town just like Vanilla and TBC.
    What do you mean ghost town ? Theres plenty of boosting going on. You can swipe and make friends just like Blizzard intended.

I was leveling another char in tbc and joined some random guild. I kid you not when I say there were people around bragging about winning some item in gdkp runs as if they got gladiator or beat echo in a world first. A lot talking with glee about how many hundreds of dollars they planned to drop at the start of wrath to get in the first boost runs.

WotLK isnt a classic. Its the foundations of the very World of Warcraft expansion we name Shadowlands. Or MoP, Legion, BfA etc. Same philosophy, same game design.

Vanilla and TBC are the only real classics. The game turned modern with Wrath of the Lich King.

Quote Originally Posted by Vorkreist View Post
    What do you mean ghost town ? Theres plenty of boosting going on. You can swipe and make friends just like Blizzard intended.

I was leveling another char in tbc and joined some random guild. I kid you not when I say there were people around bragging about winning some item in gdkp runs as if they got gladiator or beat echo in a world first. A lot talking with glee about how many hundreds of dollars they planned to drop at the start of wrath to get in the first boost runs.
    Nothing about what you said is any indication that the games aren't ghost towns on most servers. As a matter of fact, your comment makes things way worse because WotLK is going to be another instance where the only way you can get any dungeons done is if you buy a boost. Removing LFD is NOT a good idea.

WotLK Classic is going to be a fucking ghost town just like Vanilla and TBC.
    Just because you don't play it, doesn't mean it's a ghost town.

Quote Originally Posted by Aly31 View Post
    Who the f didn't want dungeon finder whats fun about spamming LFG for hours my god this is insane. OK dont put it in in phase 1 but no dungeon finder at all is extremly stupid.
    I hope LFG is introduced only at the end of expansions, like in the final Phase. Every time a new Classic is released, LFG for the current Classic instance is removed, until we're later in the expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nothing about what you said is any indication that the games aren't ghost towns on most servers. As a matter of fact, your comment makes things way worse because WotLK is going to be another instance where the only way you can get any dungeons done is if you buy a boost. Removing LFD is NOT a good idea.
    That's exactly what I'm saying. Its so much worse its beyond hilarity.

Quote Originally Posted by Vorkreist View Post
    That's exactly what I'm saying. Its so much worse its beyond hilarity.
    With the reveal of the new god awful looking expansion and these changes to WotLK I really feel like they're trying to completely kill WoW.

Wait. Are they saying we wont have DF at launch or we wont have it at all (at this moment)???

Because if we wont have it at all, im gonna skip this one and unsub. Im tired of spamming LFG channel. I just wanna do dungeons, thats what I like about the game (which they killed for me in retail with m+).

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aly31 View Post
    Who the f didn't want dungeon finder whats fun about spamming LFG for hours my god this is insane. OK dont put it in in phase 1 but no dungeon finder at all is extremly stupid.
    Hours? pick your server better then.

I takes maybe 15 mins in average to find groups for a random HC as a DPS where I play, a full server.

Besides, it´d be much better not to play at all than to get matched up wit ha bunch of randoms. I much rather pick the players.

So many people simply want the rewards without an effort. Many of us also have a busy RL, but it´s still better not to get to do some content than to be able to do it with no value held with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    WotLK isnt a classic. Its the foundations of the very World of Warcraft expansion we name Shadowlands. Or MoP, Legion, BfA etc. Same philosophy, same game design.

Vanilla and TBC are the only real classics. The game turned modern with Wrath of the Lich King.
    The game actually turned modern in Cata and MoP pre-patch while it de-evolved a bit with WoD.
    Cata introduced LFR.
    MoP pre-patch "modernized" talent trees.
    WoD introduced "weapon restrictions" for most of classes thus effectively killing in one swoop large chunk of playstyles.

On topic..
    I never saw LFD in LK as "plague" or "community breaking" or "destroying bonding" or.. well whatever.
    It was added when ICC opened, by that time all "mains" and most of "main alts" probably were overgearing out of dungeons.
    LFD, back then, was used for Alts gearing and Justice farm.

Now, im fine with not having it for 1/2 of the LKClassic lifecycle, even for 3/4 of it, but i do hope that in the end it will be added for the same
    reasons it was added in original LK - faster gearing of alts and catchup to current content which was its initial design back then.

Even so.. We talk about Blizzard here and thats their stand on it now.
    In next 2 years or so they might revisit/review their "no LFD" decision.
    Last edited by Gurg; 2022-04-19 at 08:18 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyanmaru View Post
    It's not nerfed unless it's live.

This decision is on the level of "you think you do but you dont" and "don't you have phones".

Actually stunningly stupid and really stole a lot of wind from the retail expansion announcement.

Quote Originally Posted by Gurg View Post
    The game actually turned modern in Cata and MoP pre-patch while it de-evolved a bit with WoD.
    It's a more philosphical debate, but in my view, the outlines of the game took in Cata were there in Wotlk, especially late Wotlk.

Whereas in early / mid Wotlk, you still had some expirementation going on with certain hybrid specs (especially DK's), by the time of 3.3.5, Blood for example was effectively designed as the to go Tank spec from there.
    The official declaration as the DK tank spec then just came with Cata.

Then you also had other elements such as "Bring the player, not the class", "Play the Patch", Multiple difficulties, etc..

In my view, calling Wotlk part of "Classic" is like a kid born in '98 talking about how cool it was to grow up in the 90's, it's technically true in a way, but in reality it's silly to say such a thing.

Just unsubbed and uninstall... Only thing I was looking forward was WotLK because of LFG and dual spec.. enough is enough with these monkeys.. I wish them all the worst, they are the most terrible professionals ever had to deal with as customer...