Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Rendark View Post
    Who cares? I will still be going to icy veins and looking up the best spec.
    That is your choice. I will also have my choice to fill out my talents as I want to. That's the thing, choice.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    You seem to think most people out there give a shit about meta stuff. And that nobody plays with friends. Weird.
    Yeah I mean if that happened to be I'd find a new group.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Theangryone View Post
    Illusion of choice. I remember being a new player in Wrath and trying to get in my first raid group and waiting for my gear check only to be whispered “Lol not with that build” and denied. Got told to go to EJs website to fix it.
    How is it illusion of choice when I can literally click on any of the buttons (within the system.of course) that I want to?

Can't wait to hear about what the best talents are that 95% of players will use, and why I should kill myself for picking something else and daring to try and get into an M+4.

Quote Originally Posted by Firann View Post
    What I am hoping for is more player agency.

If for example some talents previously locked behind a certain tree are now in the universal class tree, maybe we can see some fun builds or they can allow us to be more creative and they can use it as a platform to expand on existing classes.

Imagine being an Enhancement shaman, but through the general tree and enhancement tree (which is now much bigger) you can play more of a defensive role. Boom you got a new tank now!

Or playing a retribution paladin, but picking holy empowering spells and make a shockadin...

I am really excited to see how far they will take it.
    If they do this, it's exciting, otherwise super meh rewind non feature, IMO.

Scarab Lord
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackmist View Post
    Can't wait to hear about what the best talents are that 95% of players will use, and why I should kill myself for picking something else and daring to try and get into an M+4.
    That will definitely happen at the start of the expansion, and people will be bullied into choosing different talents because you can change so easily and save them and so on now.

But my hope is over the course of the expansion people will see more different talent setups work and chill out about it a bit.

Some people will never be chill of course, but you just have to avoid those freaks where possible.
    "A youtuber said so."

"... some wow experts being interviewed..."

"According to researchers from Wowhead..."

Quote Originally Posted by Stricks View Post
    That is your choice. I will also have my choice to fill out my talents as I want to. That's the thing, choice.
    So just how it is now, cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Stricks View Post
    How is it illusion of choice when I can literally click on any of the buttons (within the system.of course) that I want to?
    Because groups are going to be made of people using cookie cutter builds, again. You have the illusion of choice based around 'go to icy-veins and see the best build' like every other system in WoW. You had a choice of covenant, but how many people took what they liked thematically over what they liked for throughput? Same shit applies here.

Just like it was with Corrupted Items, Azerite Power, Artifact Weapon paths, Legion Legendaries (if you were lucky), etc etc etc

Quote Originally Posted by Mercane View Post
    Because groups are going to be made of people using cookie cutter builds, again. You have the illusion of choice based around 'go to icy-veins and see the best build' like every other system in WoW. You had a choice of covenant, but how many people took what they liked thematically over what they liked for throughput? Same shit applies here.

Just like it was with Corrupted Items, Azerite Power, Artifact Weapon paths, Legion Legendaries (if you were lucky), etc etc etc
    It’s worse then this. Most people are going to look at these talent trees and think “wow cool they’re similar to the old talent trees we have!”. And to be fair that was my initial reaction as well.

What they actually are going to feel like is another pruning just with the added benefit you get to decide what abilities you get to keeep/get pruned. You can already see the convoke vs incarnation for resto druid. Most classes will probably have to choose between major current talents and things like covenant abilities.

There is a way this system owns, but the barebone example we saw combined with their recent systems does not inspire much confidence
    www.twitch.tv/rtrain

Free Agent! Looking for Guild for Legion!

They are right in that the old talent tree allowed for more hybridity. Such as a paladin being able to heal or tank with the same talent combination. Looking at that druid tree, not much is different from what you'd get from the current affinity row. Can a resto druid fill a tank spot just because they have guardian affinity? I don't think so. The only major difference in capability I see from a resto druid with that talent tree vs a resto with SL talents is that they can get skull bash.

More spec-specific abilities should be put into the left tree, so you could fill two roles effectively. You should be able to pick everything from another spec besides their mastery. Passives and talents that make other specs function such as eclipse.

- - - Updated - - -

They seemed to forget what made the MoP talent trees good when they made Legion. The whole point of that system was to offer mostly high-impact utility, defensive, and mobility spells so you could actually make choices. In Legion you had mostly throughput rows. You often do not have choices on throughput rows. I think this change is more an appeal to nostalgia than an attempt to extract the good parts of old talent trees.
    Last edited by Branflakes6000; 2022-04-20 at 03:07 PM.