Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Chadow View Post
    Its been 10 thousand years since we last saw this beautiful sight...
    I want to cry...of joy.
    What about you?
    btw. I am not sure if anyone has noticed this yet, but Moonkin Form is a talent in the "common" druid talent tree. So this most likely indicates that for balance druids the moonkin form might be an optional feature? Or well at least I hope that balance druids won't be required AGAIN to spend talent points to unlock a core feature of the spec.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Doronjo View Post
    Can a druid conoisseur explain to me what the ability with arrows might mean ?

Are they current talent ? Unknown abilities ? Main abilities ?
    I think you mean the ability in the center of the druid talent tree? This is the icon for the currently existing talent Wild Charge.
    Dunno what the arrows are supposed to mean.

Quote Originally Posted by Celement View Post
    Gonna pick what performs best. 1 talent or 1000 talents will have the identical outcome for the vast majority of players.

See covenants.
    Yep. A simpler talent tree would have been better, so they could put more resources elsewhere. The MoP talent tree was the best version.

There is potential with the hybridisation and a down-side.

We know that sometime a group might lack healing and having a few option to hybrid into soft healing might help some guilds struggling.
    However I fear the adverse effect and that tank/dps and heal/dps becomes standard for progression.

I need to see specifics, what these icons do, and the benefit they offer.
    I have a slight concern that based on what i`ve seen of the druid talent icons,
    choices between survivability and damage seems to be present?

I`m probably wrong but yeah, need more information.

For me, it depends what's in the trees. Blizzard had the right idea of moving away from trees because, as they said, gaining 1% crit/damage/healing sucked and was not in any way, shape, or form "exciting".

However, things like potential CD reduction to abilities, or longer durations on buffs and CC, have an ability hit extra targets, etc would be awesome. Might be a real good way to bring back old abilities like Paladin seals or to bake in the multiple removed Judgement effects.

Quote Originally Posted by Lighthope View Post
    Back to cookie-cutter builds. Enjoy.
    Those never went away even though it was the major selling point of the change going into MoP. That has never changed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doronjo View Post
    Can a druid conoisseur explain to me what the ability with arrows might mean ?

Are they current talent ? Unknown abilities ? Main abilities ?
    Most people that talked about them seems to thinks those are the current talent rows.

10+ Year Old Account
    For me, it does not matter how talents will look - as a tree or as rows.
    For me it is important how talents affect gameplay. If new talent system will create variety of builds with different gameplay - good. If not - what the difference with current version?

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    It looks really cool and fresh ngl.

But I don't think this will make a huge difference overall. 90% of all people will just do whatever Icy Veins tells them.

Honestly, the big reveal of this isn't the revamped talent system, but the fact that we are not getting any borrowed power systems this expansion!

Keep in mind that if they radically change the talent system after Dragonflight, then the talent system itself will effectively have been a borrowed power system. While it’s not a guarantee, it is possible that this will happen.
    Last edited by Wingspan; 2022-04-20 at 02:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wingspan View Post
    Keep in mind that if they radically change the talent system after Dragonflight, then the talent system itself will have been a borrowed power system. While it’s not a guarantee, it is pretty possible that this will happen.
    Well you are technically right, but this is also true then for every iteration of the talent system.

I think the main issue people had with borrowed power is the fact that it's something you have to "earn" outside of leveling, just so your class can play as intended. With this system, this issue is going away.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    Well you are technically right, but this is also true then for every iteration of the talent system.

I think the main issue people had with borrowed power is the fact that it's something you have to "earn" outside of leveling, just so your class can play as intended. With this system, this issue is going away.
    It will be interesting to see how this system pans out. I suspect that it will last maybe two expansions before they retreat back to something more like the current model (for the same reasons that the current model was created in the first place).

I want to cry...of joy.
    What about you?
    We literally got it back with Classic WoW.

But yes, this is a welcomed return. Let's hope they take a lot of modern design lessons and keep the fluff out while making the paths interesting and unique. I always liked being able to customize my way out of a 'cookie cutter' build and try something that better suits my own gameplay.

I want to cry...of joy.
    What about you?
    chumps will eat up the shit and say thanks,its amazing how dumb you lot are,so because you get to manualy put the points in instead of just getting them passivly makes the game better?jesus i wish i was as braindead as this,life would be so much easier....sigh...

the current talent system actualy gives diversity and complexion,the old one is literaly pointless

There better be at least 2 NEW (not reused)sets of spells on the tree. They think they can just change the way the tree looks and not give us actual new talent rows?

10+ Year Old Account
    Indifferent too, there will always be a correct path.

My favorite part of the reveal was talents. The UI is great but we already have addons. Dracthyr are cool but not my thing. Love the earthy natural looking zones after shadowlands

Illusion of choice. I remember being a new player in Wrath and trying to get in my first raid group and waiting for my gear check only to be whispered “Lol not with that build” and denied. Got told to go to EJs website to fix it.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's hard to get excited since we don't know the details...if most of the spots are just 5% damage to these abilities or 10% damage to these two aoe abilities then no...if it's different and actually adds something to the class then maybe

But so far we have no info other than they exist, so sorry it's hard to get excited

It can be extremely good. I'm just not putting too much faith into this yet. Oh and PLEASE BRING BACK THE OLD SCHOOL SPEC ARTWORK THANKS.

7+ Year Old Account
    Hm i was like OH WOW talents are back! and than i realize there will be meta builds copy paste icy veins etc :P
    But yeah thats the best thing so far in 10.0 imo. May some build would be not meta but just fun and thats what i like to play with fun! Fcuk meta builds play like u want.

Ive just thined about it. Why do they changed talet trees back in the days? Yes! becasue most o talents were useless? Thats backpedaling. We will w8 now next 2-3 expansions and back to simple talent pick?

I wish those talens will be real game changers not just pick best forget and play till next major patch.
    Last edited by czarek; 2022-04-20 at 01:00 PM.