Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
5
... LastLast
  1. #41
    We are gonna see a new dungeon in Uldaman and it's gonna be a dungeon.

  2. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by Skirdus View Post

    -snip-
    I hate the trend of seemingly randomly copy and pasting OG races to random parts of Azeroth.

  3. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by Wonderment2 View Post
    Yes. Flying islands would have been my preference over Panda Mist Barrier again
    Yeah absolutely. Imagine, if the Isles were flying, there could've been a unique zone beneath them, and there could've been more verticality to how they designed the zones. Imagine if there were some Icecrown-esque location -- the throne or some ancient catacomb or whatever -- at the highest isle, and no matter where you are in the Dragon Isle zones, you can catch a glimpse of it high in the air above you.

    I don't know. Just feel like the imagineers aren't as good as they used to be.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

    The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

  4. #44
    Moderator Aucald's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA-US
    Posts
    39,263
    Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    That part is interesting for sure, did we see Tyr on that tower sitting without the face? or was that random watcher?
    I think that was intended to be a random watcher, perhaps Tyr's appointed overseer. Tyr died in the Eastern Kingdoms long ago, in the Tirisfal region (whose name is comes from the phrase "Tyr's Fall"). Unless they retcon the story, that is.
    WHAT CAN THE HARVEST HOPE FOR, IF NOT THE CARE OF THE REAPER MAN?. - Terry Pratchett, Reaper Man

  5. #45
    It's always quite interesting to see the start "10,000 years ago" which we know will involve the Sundering / the Highborne at some point.

    To then hear that those Highborne descendants from Quel'Thalas will be arriving on those shores - just seems poetic.

  6. #46
    Moderator Cloudmaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Celestial Planetarium
    Posts
    1,823
    Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    Is Azeroth healed now cus of the beam? why didn't we do that before? god.
    Yeah. What the hell is going on? This fate appears to have been planned 10,000 years ago, as if Titans knew what was going to happen. This was literally Eonar's voice in the cinematic.
    Behold my new creation!


  7. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    I think that was intended to be a random watcher, perhaps Tyr's appointed overseer. Tyr died in the Eastern Kingdoms long ago, in the Tirisfal region (whose name is comes from the phrase "Tyr's Fall"). Unless they retcon the story, that is.
    That's why I was confused... as the watcher who was climbing looked at him and there was this short focus on the guy sitting. Almost feeling sad.
    So I was like.. wait? is that? but ye, it would be weird if it was him, which what you said.

  8. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    Yeah absolutely. Imagine, if the Isles were flying, there could've been a unique zone beneath them, and there could've been more verticality to how they designed the zones. Imagine if there were some Icecrown-esque location -- the throne or some ancient catacomb or whatever -- at the highest isle, and no matter where you are in the Dragon Isle zones, you can catch a glimpse of it high in the air above you.

    I don't know. Just feel like the imagineers aren't as good as they used to be.
    It would have helped it feel distinct from pandaria.

    I wonder if it's a limitation of the engine?

  9. #49
    Bloodsail Admiral
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,105
    Quote Originally Posted by Cloudmaker View Post
    Yeah. What the hell is going on? This fate appears to have been planned 10,000 years ago, as if Titans knew what was going to happen. This was literally Eonar's voice in the cinematic.
    I thought that was Alexstrasza because as she flies over the Watcher at the beginning she says the world is sundered and "we must go to it's aid" then shows the dragons flying off. None of that fits Eonar.
    Last edited by ChairmanKaga; 2022-04-19 at 05:40 PM.

  10. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by Cloudmaker View Post
    Yeah. What the hell is going on? This fate appears to have been planned 10,000 years ago, as if Titans knew what was going to happen. This was literally Eonar's voice in the cinematic.
    This was all bound to happen, so the watchers were lit and started using the beam to heal up Azeroth. This can't be IT, like.. we were dealing with this healing bullshit with the sword and now Zovaal tried even more, to just be healed cus some random stone watcher was done with hes cooldown?

    I am so confused lol.

  11. #51
    The Unstoppable Force Arrashi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Posts
    22,996
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    Cenarius' sons are OUT of control!
    Just as Grom killed Cenarius, Grom's son could have killed this herd of perverted offspring. Remember what Blizzard took from you.
    Cenarius sons after seeing absolutely uglies bitch in da hood - "Im gonna do it"

    But anyway, anyone else feels that its just....lukewarm? Like its story about nothing the expansion. I kinda took a break during azshara patch and was wondering if there anything in 10.0 thats worth going back to but it seems just so meh.

  12. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    That part is interesting for sure, did we see Tyr on that tower sitting without the face? or was that random watcher?
    This is Tyr. He was shown alive 10,000 years ago, but here he is dead:

  13. #53
    Moderator Aucald's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA-US
    Posts
    39,263
    Quote Originally Posted by Skirdus View Post
    I'm noticing this constant trend of "implementing OG WoW race into new zone as an excuse to give them a model update." They did harpies and kobolds in Legion, troggs and quilboar in BfA, and now centaur and gnolls in Dragonflight. I wouldn't mind it so much if it didn't stampede pre-existing lore underfoot in the process. Like seriously; centaur are an EXTREMELY young race and should by no means be found on an island that was separated from the world for 10k years Pandaria-style
    Quite possible they explain that with another of Cenarius' children or descendants, perhaps one stationed on the Dragon Isles prior to their being hidden, mating with another Elemental Lord in the same class as Theredras. Pretty lame way to sweep it under the rug, but they do have an out what with the whole "hidden even from ourselves" bit of the Isles' lore, perhaps masking it even from the Pantheon's sight since the Keepers are effectively their children and were bestowed with a portion of the Titans' essence.
    WHAT CAN THE HARVEST HOPE FOR, IF NOT THE CARE OF THE REAPER MAN?. - Terry Pratchett, Reaper Man

  14. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by Futhark View Post
    This is Tyr. He was shown alive 10,000 years ago, but here he is dead:
    That's just random titanforged dude 20564

  15. #55
    Moderator Aucald's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA-US
    Posts
    39,263
    Quote Originally Posted by Futhark View Post
    This is Tyr. He was shown alive 10,000 years ago, but here he is dead:
    https://i.imgur.com/Vlrj7wL.png
    I don't think that actually is Tyr, though. Seems more likely it's just one the Watchers, similar to the one who wakes up on the shores of the Dragon Isles in the trailer, just happens to be the guy in charge in Tyr's absence.
    WHAT CAN THE HARVEST HOPE FOR, IF NOT THE CARE OF THE REAPER MAN?. - Terry Pratchett, Reaper Man

  16. #56
    Bloodsail Admiral
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,105
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    That's just random titanforged dude 20564
    I mean they showed him when the devs discussed Tyr.

  17. #57
    lul, already a retcon by Danuser in the expansion reveal stream, usually they'd wait until the pre-expansion book to retcon things but now they are off retconning in the reveal itself

    just shudder to think about the upcoming retcons that Danuser is going to throw at the dragon lore and history
    Last edited by voidox; 2022-04-19 at 05:57 PM.

  18. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by ChairmanKaga View Post
    I mean they showed him when the devs discussed Tyr.
    If that truly turns out to be tyr it will be hella funny, because that dude just looks pitiful.

  19. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    I don't think that actually is Tyr, though. Seems more likely it's just one the Watchers, similar to the one who wakes up on the shores of the Dragon Isles in the trailer, just happens to be the guy in charge in Tyr's absence.
    It's Tyr:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3nPloFgHkM&t=3218s

  20. #60
    Moderator Aucald's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA-US
    Posts
    39,263
    Quote Originally Posted by Futhark View Post
    I'm aware they say "Tyr" while recapping that part of the trailer, but that's not really conclusive given we know where Tyr died. It's possible they retcon it, of course; but that will remain to be seen. Perhaps Tyr also had some countermeasure that teleported back to Tyrhold on the occasion of his death, who can really say.
    WHAT CAN THE HARVEST HOPE FOR, IF NOT THE CARE OF THE REAPER MAN?. - Terry Pratchett, Reaper Man

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •