Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    Are you honestly surprised at this point?

Tbf, it feels kinda empty - I did expect more things going on, the talent system looks exciting that's about it.

The story is ... okay, but they're keeping it pretty quiet - but why? I mean considering an expansion reveal would have come at last years blizzcon, i'ts nearly 6 months from last November
    I am not surprised at all, I expect this level of storytelling from them.

They flip flop constantly and go on about these grand epic things, yet never properly flesh them out

10+ Year Old Account
    -Going by the expansion page, Primal Incarnates are some ancient threat which the Dragons fought and sealed in a prison. Likely initial antagonists.
    - Djaradin (what a mouthful), Ancient race of elemental half-giant that use magma and like killing Red Dragons are waking up as a threat.
    - Dracthyr are the experimental results of mortal and dragon hybridisation done by Neltharion before going mad to make ideal soldiers against the Primalists. "He took the essence of Dragons - their strength, their nobility, their wisdom - and he combined it with that scrappiness, that adaptability that the mortal races had." - Danuser
    - The Primalists for that matter seem to be an offshoot/breakaway group of the Aspects which went against their groups beliefs/desires.
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

I'm noticing this constant trend of "implementing OG WoW race into new zone as an excuse to give them a model update." They did harpies and kobolds in Legion, troggs and quilboar in BfA, and now centaur and gnolls in Dragonflight. I wouldn't mind it so much if it didn't stampede pre-existing lore underfoot in the process. Like seriously; centaur are an EXTREMELY young race and should by no means be found on an island that was separated from the world for 10k years Pandaria-style

Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    Good thing they already told us to throw out our Chronicle books for being unreliable garbage (Titans' POV xD)
    They just looked elsewhere, while one of elunes relatives banged another rock over 10k years ago XD

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Good thing they already told us to throw out our Chronicle books for being unreliable garbage.

Just lol. Crazy how the Titans missed this by ~9,900 years
    Maybe there were more sexy milf earth princesses who want sex in your neighbourhood and more horny keepers willing to try their luck?

Quote Originally Posted by Skirdus View Post
    I'm noticing this constant trend of "implementing OG WoW race into new zone as an excuse to give them a model update." They did harpies and kobolds in Legion, troggs and quilboar in BfA, and now centaur and gnolls in Dragonflight. I wouldn't mind it so much if it didn't stampede pre-existing lore underfoot in the process. Like seriously; centaur are an EXTREMELY young race and should by no means be found on an island that was separated from the world for 10k years Pandaria-style
    Yup. I think they cobbled together areas for Gnolls/Centaurs/Tuskarr because they want to put them in the eventual world revamp.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Maybe there were more sexy milf earth princesses who want sex in your neighbourhood and more horny keepers willing to try their luck?
    Cenarius' sons are OUT of control!
    Just as Grom killed Cenarius, Grom's son could have killed this herd of perverted offspring. Remember what Blizzard took from you.

Anyone else feel like the Dragon Isles should've been in the air? Would've made a bit more sense as to how they stayed hidden. And it would've given them more opportunity to make different landscapes rather than what they made.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

Cenarius' sons are OUT of control!
    Blame their grandma, she banged a fucking deer

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Blame their grandma, she banged a fucking deer
    Sick family tbh, the real reason they've been dancing around Elune for so long is to not deliver yet another blow to Night Elf fans.

Good thing they already told us to throw out our Chronicle books for being unreliable garbage.

Just lol. Crazy how the Titans missed this by ~9,900 years
    Yeh, nice going they keep proving to us exactly why we shouldn't buy their lore books.

Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    Anyone else feel like the Dragon Isles should've been in the air? Would've made a bit more sense as to how they stayed hidden. And it would've given them more opportunity to make different landscapes rather than what they made.
    Yes. Flying islands would have been my preference over Panda Mist Barrier again

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Futhark View Post
    Yeah, but they revealed he's been dead for some time. That hurt.
    Well, we pretty much knew that - the events of his death were shown in Legion during the Xal'atath Artifact questline, he died killing Zakajz the Corruptor and heavily wounding Kith'ix when Keeper Loken succumbed to Yogg-Saron's corrupting influence. Tyr was trying to safeguard the Discs of Norgannon that the Keepers had in their possession, escaping Ulduar with them.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Sick family tbh, the real reason they've been dancing around Elune for so long is to not deliver yet another blow to Night Elf fans.
    Elune is a carbon printed toaster, they pretty much buried night elf fans alive at this point.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    It's nice we're going to get what sounds like a lot more info on Keeper Tyr and his relationship with the dragons as a whole, including an entire installation he apparently made and was in charge of.
    The woman in the first few bits said Tyr is gone.. hopefully we still have a chance to meet him or learn more about him. We know Vrykuls were close to him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    The woman in the first few bits said Tyr is gone.. hopefully we still have a chance to meet him or learn more about him. We know Vrykuls were close to him.
    Tyr's been dead a long time, but the lore surrounding Tyrhold and Tyr's activities in the Dragon Isles certainly constitute new information on him.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Elune is a carbon printed toaster, they pretty much buried night elf fans alive at this point.
    Many hate Danuser but I have to applaud him for turning breaking a new artistic barrier with World of Warcraft. There is now 1 Night Elf fan for every Night Elf alive in-game. This sort of immersion has never been realized before.

Quote Originally Posted by Skytotem View Post
    Created a thread to help tally up all the information from the Expac reveal.

Here's what I've skimmed so far.

-Dragon Isles were left by the dragons in the hands of Watchers, but something kept the Watchers from doing their job so the isles are in disrepair.
    -A bunch of old races from Kalimdor and EK are in the isles but it's unclear what their deal is (Centaurs on the Dragon Isles seem to predate the birth of their Kalimdor species? And have some kind of deal with the Green Dragons?) Swole Gnolls, Furbolgs, etc
    -Deathwing made the Dracthyr (race/class combo) to be his ultimate soldiers, unclear if this is before he went crazy (To protect azeroth) or after (To conquer it)
    -Alexstraza invites the Alliance and Horde to help the red flight to help reclaim the isles

As this all happened 10,000 years ago that would be right when Neltharion became Deatnwing. Now obviously he was planning it for a while, but it’s possible they were created when he was still pretending to be good hence why they may have every flights powers.

It’s interesting to me that they said they have all aspects powers but then said Red/Blue for attack (why red? They should heal) and Bronze/Green for heals (why Bronze they should attack…). Black is left out. I wonder if it was a scrapped tank spec and/or if it will come up later considering that’s the dragonflight which actually made them.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cloudmaker View Post
    So the watcher activated the beam and planet is healed as instructed 10,000 years ago. Does that mean there is no sword in Silithus?
    Is Azeroth healed now cus of the beam? why didn't we do that before? god.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Tyr's been dead a long time, but the lore surrounding Tyrhold and Tyr's activities in the Dragon Isles certainly constitute new information on him.
    That part is interesting for sure, did we see Tyr on that tower sitting without the face? or was that random watcher?

Yea, I know hes dead, but you never know with blizz these days.. obviously flashbacks could still happen. Give the player abit more then just text.

Many hate Danuser but I have to applaud him for turning breaking a new artistic barrier with World of Warcraft. There is now 1 Night Elf fan for every Night Elf alive in-game. This sort of immersion has never been realized before.
    And he won't stop until he has reached this level of immersion for every single race out there ^^