... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Futhark View Post
    It's Tyr:
    He is too small, this is his hand

https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Tyr...and_of_Tyr.jpg

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    There is a focus on the guy sitting when they talk about him, but she just says tyr is gone as in.. he was already gone.
    So he could be it, but I forgot Tyr died in Eastern kingdoms, so him sitting on that chair.. dead is kinda going against what we know.

Could be a retcon like Aucald said.

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    I'm aware they say "Tyr" while recapping that part of the trailer, but that's not really conclusive given we know where Tyr died. It's possible they retcon it, of course; but that will remain to be seen. Perhaps Tyr also had some countermeasure that teleported back to Tyrhold on the occasion of his death, who can really say.
    Perhaps instead of a retcon/change this is a subtle indication of Infinite meddling in the history of the world that will play out in some way during the expansion.

One interesting lore tidbit that I saw is that the Alliance and the Horde's expedition to the Dragon Isles is, unlike how it was for Northrend and Mists of Pandaria, is not going to be a militaristic expedition, but instead we'll accompany the Explorer's League and Reliquary.

Quote Originally Posted by ChairmanKaga View Post
    Perhaps instead of a retcon/change this is a subtle indication of Infinite meddling in the history of the world that will play out in some way during the expansion.
    Sure the titans are certain to have missed the survival of one of their prominent agents,but then again they already missed another of elunes family banging a rock and creating a new species, for well over 9 thousand years.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Cenarius sons after seeing absolutely uglies bitch in da hood - "Im gonna do it"
    Stopping this was the point of the Iron Horde, it turns out. Or why do think he travelled back in time?

But anyway, anyone else feels that its just....lukewarm? Like its story about nothing the expansion. I kinda took a break during azshara patch and was wondering if there anything in 10.0 thats worth going back to but it seems just so meh.
    Tapped out after Nazjatar, popped in during SL launch & then left. I have to say nothing pitched thus far actually excites me. "We're listening to you about borrowed powers" was supposed to qualify as a feature last expansion (& on that subject, how many times have we seen them "revolutionize" professions again?).

I guess maybe classes will be okay (but, assuming they do a good job, that should just be baseline), but I've never really been in-love with WoW's dragons, or playing as a dragon & wrote of the whole "dragon knight/dragon class" thing as silly for years every time it got pitched during leak season.

The only positive thing I can think of is that there's nothing blatantly offensive & bad this time around. "Go into the realm of death after Sylvanas shatters the Helm & the lore integrity of the Scourge" or "Go back in time and kill these orcs you like!" set things off on a terrible note. This is just "meh."

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Sure the titans are certain to have missed the survival of one of their prominent agents,but then again they already missed another of elunes family banging a rock and creating a new species, for well over 9 thousand years.
    What I mean is if that is Tyr and he didn't die at Tirisfal and then was entombed under it perhaps this is an intentional paradox assuming that with the dragon focused expansion the evil time traveling dragons could come into play. Rather than a mistake or rule of cool retcon etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    There is a focus on the guy sitting when they talk about him, but she just says tyr is gone as in.. he was already gone.
    So he could be it, but I forgot Tyr died in Eastern kingdoms, so him sitting on that chair.. dead is kinda going against what we know.

Could be a retcon like Aucald said.
    But they also said "Tyrhold was build by Tyr" while showing the same Keeper. They went out of their way to edit in scenes of this Keeper during Tyr dialog voiceovers twice. I don't see that as an accident.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Hard to get a sense of scale given the PoV we're experiencing it from is already that of a stone giant in their own right, but I'd generally agree.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

5+ Year Old Account
    I thought that was Alexstrasza because as she flies over the Watcher at the beginning she says the world is sundered and "we must go to it's aid" then shows the dragons flying off. None of that fits Eonar.
    Maybe you are right. I am just so confused right now, how could Alexstrasza live 10,000 years?

What I mean is if that is Tyr and he didn't die at Tirisfal and then was entombed under it perhaps this is an intentional paradox assuming that with the dragon focused expansion the evil time traveling dragons could come into play. Rather than a mistake or rule of cool retcon etc.
    Then we'd have to kill him to restore the proper timeline. Pretty much what we did throughout the entirety of the cavern of times dungeons.

- - - Updated - - -

But they also said "Tyrhold was build by Tyr" while showing the same Keeper. They went out of their way to edit in scenes of this Keeper during Tyr dialog voiceovers twice. I don't see that as an accident.
    And it would be quite stupid of them to do so, they already created a new centaur species, that went unnoticed for pretty much 9k years and now Tyr lived ... is just meh

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudmaker View Post
    Maybe you are right. I am just so confused right now, how could Alexstrasza live 10,000 years?
    Am I wrong or was it not assumed the original Aspects were immortal before Cataclysm? Unless they were killed I thought Deathwing/Ysondre/Alex/Malygos/Nozdormu were the originals from back when they fought Galakrond.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ye I heard it to, but I am now confused cus Aucald got a point. Maybe it is him.. but how is he there with half a face, while lore states otherwise. They could literally just talk about him, because tyr built it, but thats it.

Unclear at this point imo.

Alex has always been that old, the original five Aspects are immensely old. She was absolutely alive 10,000 years ago, so was Deathwing, Ysera, Nozdurmo and Malygos. Dragons can live an ungodly long time, and the Aspects themselves didn't seem to age being immortal until Cataclysm.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Am I wrong or was it not assumed the original Aspects were immortal before Cataclysm? Unless they were killed I thought Deathwing/Ysondre/Alex/Malygos/Nozdormu were the originals from back when they fought Galakrond.
    Ye they are mortal since cata, they will likely get power back and peform some dramatic ritual with lots of tears and now they ARE the guardians again. Something like that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Alexstrasza has been alive for longer than 10K years in WoW - the Dragon Aspects fought Neltharion/Deathwing during the War of the Ancients, before the Sundering, and had been in existence for quite a time before that happened. It's entirely possible that Alexstrasza and the other Aspects could've been present at the Dragon Isles before its concealment, and most of them (save Malygos and Neltharion) are still alive now.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Seems like one of the dungeons will be a new section of Uldaman, which is cool (as a Dwarf fan myself).

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    It's entirely possible that Alexstrasza and the other Aspects could've been present at the Dragon Isles before its concealment, and most of them (save Malygos and Neltharion) are still alive now.
    Most of the original Aspects are dead. Neltharion, Malygos and Ysera. And we've killed Nozdurmo too but timey wimey stuff means that he can still appear. We don't know how far into the future the Infinite version of Noz is from.

Really only Alexstrasza is still alive, tho again Noz isn't bound by time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by ElitePeon View Post
    Most of the original Aspects are dead. Neltharion, Malygos and Ysera. And we've killed Nozdurmo too but timey wimey stuff means that he can still appear.

Really only Alexstrasza is still alive, tho again Noz isn't bound by time.
    Ah yes, forgot about Ysera. Nozdormu is still alive, though - we killed his future self, Murozond, in a future that could be eons from now (or not at all, depending on timey-wimey insanity). So Alexstrasza and Nozdormu remain as original Aspects.

10+ Year Old Account
    So does anyone else find it strange that the Dragon Isles were specifically hid at the time of the Sundering despite the Dragons being involved in the events leading up to prior to it's occurrence and also that it didn't reappear when the elements resurged during Cata and/or Legion? Also is the 'Now' in the trailer referring to the 30 or so years ago when the 10'000 years of time passing from the sundering was accurate during Warcraft 3 or is it a different 10,000 year period to the 'Now' of the current expansion?
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity