Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    One of the cool lore bits they're tackling seems to be the origins of the dragon races as elemental beings from Azeroth's earliest epoch, going by these elemental proto-dragon concept arts.

Been wanting some expanded info on that aspect for a while now.

Quote Originally Posted by Skytotem View Post
    As part of their start zone they can see other races, no reason for them to be unable to choose any playable race as a visage.

- - - Updated - - -

I always figured that some elemental bug type creatures or early wild gods existed that the Old Gods ate which allowed them to make the Nraqi and Aqir
    Sounds like headcanon. Not bad headcanon, but headcanon all the same.
    Though i suppose we've seen something of the sort in Uldir; that chimaeric monstrosity bound together by underrot.

Hmmmm... i still like the idea.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

I'll give Blizzard some credit if we don't end up murdering another Aspect to "corruption" (inb4 Murozond or whatever).

Dargons might possibly be the most fucked-over race in WoW

Primal incarnates= Galakrond? or Old God?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by olddog View Post

Primal incarnates= Galakrond? or Old God?
    I think they mentioned that the Incarnates were followers of Galakrond, and they might correspond to those elemental protodragons in the concept art.

Quote Originally Posted by Tanaria View Post
    Reliquary (Blood Elves) and the Explorer's League (Dwarves) will be involved.

As part of their start zone they can see other races, no reason for them to be unable to choose any playable race as a visage.
    What indicates they choose to look that way?

Quote Originally Posted by ChairmanKaga View Post
    What indicates they choose to look that way?
    I... it's magic. They use magic to change into an alt mode, how would it NOT be a choice?
    Twas brillig

I... it's magic. They use magic to change into an alt mode, how would it NOT be a choice?
    I mean nothing shown anywhere seems to indicate it is or is not a choice for them.

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean nothing shown anywhere seems to indicate it is or is not a choice for them.
    I mean the draconic race made by a dragon could be operating under the same logic as dragons when it comes to transformations. Or they could have some silly, arbitrary restriction because "ackshually they never explicitly said otherwise!"

Quote Originally Posted by Mic_128 View Post
    I mean, they were created 10k years ago, and had been locked away until only now.

My complaint is why do they look like humans/high elves when the only "mortals" that existed back then were night elves, trolls, earthen, and bestial races like Tauren.
    Humans existed back then. Humans in Wow as basically as old as elves are as a race, both coming about roughly 16,000 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    Nice to see updates for some of the Blood Elven architecture.

Quote Originally Posted by david0925 View Post
    I'll give Blizzard some credit if we don't end up murdering another Aspect to "corruption" (inb4 Murozond or whatever).

Dargons might possibly be the most fucked-over race in WoW
    After the night elves most likely

Quote Originally Posted by Tanaria View Post
    Nice to see updates for some of the Blood Elven architecture.

I hope we see more updates

I hope we get to see Dorthar, as he is the only centaur in the Horde. And at least some partial confirmation of what happened to Garad'kra after Garrosh's defeat.

I also hope we'll find out who or what Raac was.
    Last edited by BaumanKing; 2022-04-20 at 01:23 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm wondering what caused Azeroth to stir/Stone Boi to call the Dragons back?
    Did the Jailer successfully harm Azeroth when he was funneling Azerite in the Sepulcher?
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

Quote Originally Posted by Auxis View Post
    I'm wondering what caused Azeroth to stir/Stone Boi to call the Dragons back?
    Did the Jailer successfully harm Azeroth when he was funneling Azerite in the Sepulcher?
    The phrasing was something like "Awaken when life returns to these lands" so it's honestly a pretty big head scratcher of how Azeroth having it's blood drained by the Jailer ended with the result of more life.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mic_128 View Post
    The phrasing was something like "Awaken when life returns to these lands" so it's honestly a pretty big head scratcher of how Azeroth having it's blood drained by the Jailer ended with the result of more life.

"Let the land slumber, hidden even from our own eyes.
    You will feel our return, in the waking of the land.
    Then you must light the beacon of Tyrhold, lest the path home be lost to us forever."

I take that as Azeroth literally stirring or beginning to wake up. If she's been stabbed by a sword, and more recently been exsanguinated by the Jailer, she's probably gonna start doing something.
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

We literally have the thing from the Fairy tale book where they have 'visage day' and examples from questing where dragons use different mortal forms.

Literally EVERYTHING indicates they choose.
    Twas brillig

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    We literally have the thing from the Fairy tale book where they have 'visage day' and examples from questing where dragons use different mortal forms.

Literally EVERYTHING indicates they choose.
    While that's true for actual dragons, it may not be for dracthyr owing to their rather unique origins and limitations compared to actual dragons. Given the ability for us to customize their look, I would assume it is, but there's still a chance that lore-wise it may not be.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead