Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lodreh View Post
    ~8,900 years... this mistake was bothering me... anyway it's a good thing these isles are also home to the Bronze Dragonflight which has dominion over Time. Well at least they did 10,000 years ago. Funny to think a Time experiment could brought a single clan of a future race to the isles. Wonder if that ripple was one of the catalyst in the creation of the Infinite Dragonflight. Maybe we should play the expansion before ripping into the lore we know nothing about?
    It's not like we've seen years of lore-ruining inconsistent decisions, or anything. I think, given precedent, I'll stick with the simpler explanation, because I've been vindicated on this every single time.

Don't worry though, even though it's a dumb decision & more proof that they have no consideration for their own lore, there's still a 50% chance that they'll be so ashamed by this that they'll pull out a flimsy, lazy excuse to justify it.
    Last edited by Progenitor Aquarius; 2022-04-28 at 07:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    its so nice how all that die hard fans, disappointed by 2 xpacs in a row, still hold their hopes that high, when they come up with the next cost effective cheap shit. would be curious how low and how shitty the thing must be, they come up with, when ppls finally have enough of that shit. strange ppls…

whatever, 2-5 months after release we will have the next SL situation and it seems Blizz seems rather fine with that (maybe by sold xpacs, preorders and tokens compensation). who knows
    Thank you for your valuable opinion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    It's not like we've seen years of lore-ruining inconsistent decisions, or anything. I think, given precedent, I'll stick with the simpler explanation, because I've been vindicated on this every single time.

Don't worry though, even though it's a dumb decision & more proof that they have no consideration for their own lore, there's still a 50% chance that they'll be so ashamed by this that they'll pull out a flimsy, lazy excuse to justify it.
    How about this 1100-year-old race was always inconsistent with the other lore? The Tauren is an ancient race, yet their mythos claims that the centaurs have always existed to scourge the land and drove them from their ancestral home at Mulgore, forced to wander the world as nomads for eons.

Quote Originally Posted by LazarusLong View Post
    Thank you for your valuable opinion.

- - - Updated - - -

How about this 1100-year-old race was always inconsistent with the other lore? The Tauren is an ancient race, yet their mythos claims that the centaurs have always existed to scourge the land and drove them from their ancestral home at Mulgore, forced to wander the world as nomads for eons.
    Tauren do not live like draenei and night elves, even if your words are true, there is nothing strange in the fact that for them what was 1000 years ago is a myth

My best solution for the centaur would be, that not just Zaetar as a Son of Cenarius/Keeper of the Grove and Theradras as a Earth elemental can birth them, but others of their kind can as well if they pair.

And something like that happened back 10 000 years ago between a different Earth Elemental and a Keeper or Dryad. Which means this way, their could be different breeds of centaur who slightly differ in characteristics. See Magnataurs for example.

The centaur are a entertaining race, but I always thought it was a shame that they're only present in Kalimdor and pretty cramped in. So the only solution would be to make the Kalimdor regions much bigger, wider places to create more space for these kind of races and new stories, or the creation myth of the centaur is adjusted.

It all depends on the solution of the writers.

Quote Originally Posted by Reinhart11 View Post
    well, looking at Danuser and his writing team, we can easily go with the worst/least sense solution you can think of. Or they do it where they retcon it and move on without explanation or reasoning, as they've done many times now.

Quote Originally Posted by darkoms View Post
    Tauren do not live like draenei and night elves, even if your words are true, there is nothing strange in the fact that for them what was 1000 years ago is a myth
    Yeah, but they put Cenarius death and arrival of centaurs in a same myth, even though 9 thousand years passed between them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Reinhart11 View Post
    My best solution for the centaur would be, that not just Zaetar as a Son of Cenarius/Keeper of the Grove and Theradras as a Earth elemental can birth them, but others of their kind can as well if they pair.

And something like that happened back 10 000 years ago between a different Earth Elemental and a Keeper or Dryad. Which means this way, their could be different breeds of centaur who slightly differ in characteristics. See Magnataurs for example.

The centaur are a entertaining race, but I always thought it was a shame that they're only present in Kalimdor and pretty cramped in. So the only solution would be to make the Kalimdor regions much bigger, wider places to create more space for these kind of races and new stories, or the creation myth of the centaur is adjusted.

It's not clear how many sons Cenarius had, so they can flesh it out. And also explain Magnataurs.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rend Blackhand View Post
    Centaur retcon lmaoooooo they're less than 1000 years old as a race.
    Therazane and that KOTG probably ingested some of them centaur DNA while they were having sex
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderment2 View Post
    Agreed. They could have come up with something cooler then pandaland but titan magic instead of must magic.
    Why is total originality a virtue? If it works it works.

Quote Originally Posted by Iheartnathanos View Post
    Why is total originality a virtue? If it works it works.
    It's not inherently bad, but constant retreading the same idea is stagnation

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderment2 View Post
    It's not inherently bad, but constant retreading the same idea is stagnation
    They did the mist-shrouded island once. Hardly constant. I’ll take that over ‘inexplicable sky hole to the underworld’ any day.