Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightshade711 View Post
    I was shocked to see:
    No preorders, or even word on preorders.

No features/expansion overview trailer.

No playable demo like what you see at Blizzcon. (Could’ve done the Dracthyr/evoker starting zone.)
    Just think of it as a teaser announcement instead of a full blown Blizzcon type reveal. We got some basic stuffs, more will come in the upcoming weeks and months. We already got a few snippets from interviews already about no covenants moving forward but keeping the renown system and concept tier gear from the press kits.

When it's ready for testing we will get a full In depth look i would assume.

Quote Originally Posted by Rigman View Post
    To expand further, finding ways to make all forms of content relevant, so when new content is added, it's added to the pool as a whole thus expanding the game as a whole instead of narrowing it. Why isn't Mythic+ expanded further to include all dungeons? Or at least to have added some kind of rotating pool of content that adds more variety instead of running the same eight dungeons over and over for three years. Season 4 is a step in the right direction, but it kind of sucks that it's based on longer-running seasons. Imagine Mythic+ functioning like time walking, a timewalking+ if you will where each week we dive into different dungeons, collect relevant loot, and just add greater variety to the game.

They are doing exactly that. Season 1 of Dragonflight will start with a pool of 4 Dragonflight dungeons and 4 older dungeons, the next season will have the other 4 new dungeons and another set of old dungeons for m+

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Beefhammer View Post
    Just think of it as a teaser announcement instead of a full blown Blizzcon type reveal. We got some basic stuffs, more will come in the upcoming weeks and months. We already got a few snippets from interviews already about no covenants moving forward but keeping the renown system and concept tier gear from the press kits.

When it's ready for testing we will get a full In depth look i would assume.
    Personally I would also hope for renown to fully replace the old reputation system tbh. Sure, renown is time-gated, but so are reputations for the most part, but I really appreciate their catch-up potential, with once the game allows you to reach max renown, you are free to catch it up at any pace you want.

First time I have been disappointed watching a WoW cinematic. Art was beautiful as always of course but I was watching and hoping something interesting to happen (or at least see more dragons??). Expansion reveal cinematics are one of the things I am always looking forward to and this one just didn't deliver for me.

Was surprised they even had a cinematic to show tbh, who knows how much overwork the this team has done.

But this was never going to be the usual expansion reveal given how little time they have had to prepare anything.

This felt like exactly what players have been asking for on this forum, wowhead, and reddit for like the last 5 years. I have no idea why all these people are coming out of the woodwork and acting like this is not precisely the public feedback given.

Before you jump on me, I'm not saying that you personally wanted this. The content are silent and the discontent loud.

All I've read for ages is stuff like: back to Azeroth, simple adventurer, no new borrowed power, no endless grind, tier sets, new class, new race, grounded story, return of historic characters, focus on polishing the game, stop adding new stuff and discarding it, focus on permanent power, focus on class updates, accessibility, UI overhaul, customization, etc.

I mean, you can just go back over the last few years of major long threads on this site alone and see all that repeated ad nauseum. Check out r/wow top of all time and you'll see the same over the years.

This expansion checks nearly every major box I've seen brought up by players over the last few years. The big omissions are: master loot, player housing, and cross-faction guilds. They've said their looking at new loot options, but I don't trust that means anything. Player housing I think is out for good after garrisons, and cross-faction will need to be a gradual process they undo over time and see where pain points are.

Personally, I have issues, but I haven't been posting constantly about the above points, so I'm not annoyed they did not cater to what I'd like. They responded to the majority of the feedback received in a positive way. It's just now all the players who were happy are coming out to complain. And, of course, the serial complainers who simply complain issues into existence.
    "Okay, Robin. Together, we're gonna punch these guys so hard, words describing the impact are gonna spontaneously materialize out of thin air."
    - Lego Batman

Quote Originally Posted by Diaphin View Post
    They are doing exactly that. Season 1 of Dragonflight will start with a pool of 4 Dragonflight dungeons and 4 older dungeons, the next season will have the other 4 new dungeons and another set of old dungeons for m+
    This is a great step in the right direction.

Quote Originally Posted by GothamCity View Post
    This felt like exactly what players have been asking for on this forum, wowhead, and reddit for like the last 5 years. I have no idea why all these people are coming out of the woodwork and acting like this is not precisely the public feedback given.

Before you jump on me, I'm not saying that you personally wanted this. The content are silent and the discontent loud.

All I've read for ages is stuff like: back to Azeroth, simple adventurer, no new borrowed power, no endless grind, tier sets, new class, new race, grounded story, return of historic characters, focus on polishing the game, stop adding new stuff and discarding it, focus on permanent power, focus on class updates, accessibility, UI overhaul, customization, etc.

I mean, you can just go back over the last few years of major long threads on this site alone and see all that repeated ad nauseum. Check out r/wow top of all time and you'll see the same over the years.

This expansion checks nearly every major box I've seen brought up by players over the last few years. The big omissions are: master loot, player housing, and cross-faction guilds. They've said their looking at new loot options, but I don't trust that means anything. Player housing I think is out for good after garrisons, and cross-faction will need to be a gradual process they undo over time and see where pain points are.

Personally, I have issues, but I haven't been posting constantly about the above points, so I'm not annoyed they did not cater to what I'd like. They responded to the majority of the feedback received in a positive way. It's just now all the players who were happy are coming out to complain. And, of course, the serial complainers who simply complain issues into existence.
    Agreed.
    I’m glad with most of the stuff they’re implementing so far. (Though we still have to see it in practice)

The new class SEEMS like it’ll fix my main issue with casters and will be more engaging even at low haste.

The race is my only main issue.
    I get locking the class only to that race, but unless the story for the new race completely changed it I don’t see why they couldn’t learn to swing around a sword/axe and become a warrior or shoot a bow to become a hunter.

Also since you’re stuck to this race/class I was hoping for more customization in terms of body types, but we’re stuck to only that one thin/skinny body type for both genders which is a bit weird given how they’re described as having been made as the “ideal soldier” for Neltharion.

But if they fixed the race and/or just added a little bit bulkier body type I’d love it
    (And added more ferocious looking customization)

Quote Originally Posted by GothamCity View Post

I think that's pretty much down to the nature of people and the Internet in the general sense. People who are happy are, generally speaking, often quiet and don't feel a need to speak up about a thing. People who are disgruntled or dislike said thing feel the need to make it known - so the phenomenon you're seeing here is the cross-section of people who didn't want the various elements you covered (e.g. grounded story, return of historic characters, focus on polishing the game, etc.)
    WHAT CAN THE HARVEST HOPE FOR, IF NOT THE CARE OF THE REAPER MAN?. - Terry Pratchett, Reaper Man

Quote Originally Posted by Scyth View Post
    First time I have been disappointed watching a WoW cinematic. Art was beautiful as always of course but I was watching and hoping something interesting to happen (or at least see more dragons??). Expansion reveal cinematics are one of the things I am always looking forward to and this one just didn't deliver for me.

Was surprised they even had a cinematic to show tbh, who knows how much overwork the this team has done.

But this was never going to be the usual expansion reveal given how little time they have had to prepare anything.
    I actually like it. The last few expansion cinematics were pretty action focussed, so I appreciated the tone shift. I especially liked that the plot in the cinematic felt like a pretty self-contained introduction story of some titan keeper who wakes up all alone with the rest of them crumbling and makes his path to fulfill his duty to light the beacon and return the dragons. I quite like the rather somber tone with which it begins and which seems to conclude in the death of the keeper after he fulfilled his quest just for a sudden triumphant turn when he is saved in the last minutes and we are introduced to a very fantastic scenerie, with the return of dragons and a majestic new land we will soon explore. I mean, with previous expansions there was always this kind of mystery baiting besides the action, of what is going on and the action keeping us distracted and entertained, which was especially bad with Shadowlands and all of the information blizz withheld from us. With Dragonflights cinematic besides the shift in tone, there is no mysteries or lingering questions from a lack of context. There is a very clear introduction to the premise, a pretty self-contained and inside the cinematic itself self-explainatory story around one character setting the events in motion and then the big reveal of the upcoming setting, leaving me personally more with a sense of anticipation of what will come next instead of question marks of what is happening and how will it happen what I just saw. And I personally dig it.

I would actually go as far as to say that this one is probably my second most favorite expansion cinematic after Wrath of the Lich King honestly, which itself also had a more calm tone compared to the flashy action of everything coming afterwards. I think its really great if you watch it disconnected from the expectation of some grand and epic action we are used to. There is really a sense of beauty and magic in this one that differenciates it from the other more blockbuster-esque cinematics.

4 new dungeons at launch is all?.. and then 4 in 10.1? The leveling with 4 and unlocking 4 at max level felt bad enough in BfA/SL, and now they think essentially what are 4 Timewalking Dungeons can replace launch content?

or am I misunderstanding?
    I understand Uldaman is actually being revamped, but that will be 1 of 4 Dragonflight dungeons. Are we seriously only going to have 4 NEW dungeons for 6 months or so before Season 2?

And for people who have next to no interest in the Mythic+ treadmill, that seems even worse then if for some reason the 'timewalking' 4 are mythic only

Quote Originally Posted by elderu View Post
    4 new dungeons at launch is all?.. and then 4 in 10.1? The leveling with 4 and unlocking 4 at max level felt bad enough in BfA/SL, and now they think essentially what are 4 Timewalking Dungeons can replace launch content?

or am I misunderstanding?
    I understand Uldaman is actually being revamped, but that will be 1 of 4 Dragonflight dungeons. Are we seriously only going to have 4 NEW dungeons for 6 months or so before Season 2?

And for people who have next to no interest in the Mythic+ treadmill, that seems even worse then if for some reason the 'timewalking' 4 are mythic only
    From what we know there will be 8 initial dungeons in dragonflight which will be all immediately available in up to m0, with 4 of them being available in m+ together with 4 other non-shadowlands ones, which will saw all in season 2.

From what we know there will be 8 initial dungeons in dragonflight which will be all immediately available in up to m0, with 4 of them being available in m+ together with 4 other non-shadowlands ones, which will saw all in season 2.
    understand now, thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Selah View Post
    I don't think a presentation will win players back at this point. And I think they know that. The only thing that will, will in fact be the game being fun and showing a genuine change in direction for the game. Which really won't be able to be demonstrated until the beta/alpha are live and people can engage with it. I know right now that all they really have that is intriguing me is the talent system. That's not enough to justify buying the expansion. At least in my eyes.
    I think this as well. They know it. That's why there was no push for pre-orders.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaelthon
    do i wanting my cat come the expansion due to signifying a reroll fresh scratch the night elf mage?

Quote Originally Posted by Harbour View Post
    Obviously many of people, like me, set themselves up for disappointment, but given the declining trend of last years, we could have honestly expect some extra efforts on Blizzard side when it comes to 10.0 expansion.

In the beginning of the presentation Ion said something about Blizzard listening to feedback and new focus on freedom of gameplay for the players, but NOTHING in the following presentation hinted at what exactly he ment (except for wider talent tree and profession contracts).

I expected to hear anything: player housing for those who mostly wants to build a home on the Azeroth? timewalking+? freedom of choosing the loot via PvE and PvP currency vendors? character cosmetics progression? Abilities to play with no restrictive systems?

None of that was mentioned, and we got nothing on will there be those systems or not, except for Ion's "of course there will be new systems", that got literally zero cover. This smells fishy as hell.

Also the whole reveal gave MASSIVE Shadowlands vibes.
    Like, if to remove all the mess, the only hyping up things are Talent Revamp and Profession Revamp.

The rest (generic looking new zones, no glimpses of dungeons and raid, barely outlined story, race/class that looks meh, dragonriding that looks like purely show off feature) is a given thing.

I totally expected 10.0 to be Legion'ed, and instead was left with the bland and cheap taste of Shadowlands in the mouth.
    More Doom and Gloom as usual. Yet, as soon as the expansion draws near, you will be the first in line to log-in.

Stood in the Fire TheRealDavidTwo's Avatar
    I feel like there's more to come. Or maybe that copium is making me a very sliver of a bit...maybe hopeful. Probably not. Idk it seems lackluster.

But it's also too early to tell.

Quote Originally Posted by wushootaki View Post
    I think this as well. They know it. That's why there was no push for pre-orders.
    Yeah, I'm also shocked they didn't push for pre-orders. I think we all were expecting that today.

Keep in mind SL will have conservatively made them $500+ million and look what you got.

Yes, bare minimum $500 million and potentially a lot more.

They're literally giving you less and less and taking more and more.

Now look what they are giving you next.

A new class/race and 4 new zones and a crafting/talent/UI update and probably 1-2 new end game quest hubs, 9 dungeons, and 3 raids by the end of it in 2 years.

24 x 15 + 50 = $410. You're paying $410 for that assuming you pay through and it lasts 2 years.

Still seem great?

If yes, then you and I don't understand each other.
    Last edited by Mojo03; 2022-04-20 at 03:37 AM.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    It felt like "winning back the people that quit during BFA/Shadowlands" not so much "winning back people that quit several expansions ago, or prefer Classic now."
    Dragonflight: Better, but at this point WoW needs a major reboot not an incremental upgrade.

FFXIV - Crystal Datacenter | Classic - Grobbulus (Alliance)/Ashkandi (Horde)

Quote Originally Posted by Rigman View Post
    This is a great step in the right direction.

No it's not. Who wants to do old dungeons they've done hundreds of times in the past? Give me 8 new dungeons on launch, with 4+ coming in later patches to cycle out the shit ones no one wants to do. New content, not recycled.
    You think you don't, but you do

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    I am not sure what people want besides them rewinding time and allowing you to experience Nov 23rd 2004 all over again.
    WoW players would just bitch about the color of the time machine instead.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Selah View Post
    Yeah, I'm also shocked they didn't push for pre-orders. I think we all were expecting that today.
    They don't have anything resembling a release date at the moment which should give us a pretty glaring clue as to how far along in development this expansion is.

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    They don't have anything resembling a release date at the moment which should give us a pretty glaring clue as to how far along in development this expansion is.
    Agreed, from what I understand, they don't even have an ETA on alpha. So, it's a loooong wait lol.