View Poll Results: How do you feel about Dragonflight now?

Voters
314. This poll is closed
  • Hyped

118 37.58%
  • Indifferent

117 37.26%
  • Depressed

79 25.16%
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    The ign interview Ion mentions they're not "rapturously happy" with PL and it's complexities.

I've hate PL since the day the brought it in, would love to see some changes to it to loosen it up and make it more fun.
    IDK, I don't want to go back to master loot or shit like that. Those systems are great for people who are in a place of power and get to reward themselves, and bad for everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Alcsaar View Post
    IDK, I don't want to go back to master loot or shit like that.
    And i'd like to have more agency with my loot, what's the point of saying it's "my loot" if i can't give it to someone who needs it more?

Between excited and indifferent - let's say I'm interested.

I really don't like the new race that much, it's a bit disappointing that you can only use the new class with the new race. It makes sense lorewise, but meh.

And i'd like to have more agency with my loot, what's the point of saying it's "my loot" if i can't give it to someone who needs it more?
    How does ML change that? AFAIK you can give personal loot to other eligible players, so long as it isn't an item level upgrade for you - which yes, is a dumb limitation of the system, but easily resolved.

How does ML change that? AFAIK you can give personal loot to other eligible players, so long as it isn't an item level upgrade for you - which yes, is a dumb limitation of the system, but easily resolved.
    I never said bring ML back? I would be perfectly fine with an expanded and more "fun" PL system.

Let us see all that dropped on the boss, even if we got nothing.
    Let us give the loot to who we want and not with all the dumb restrictions.

Blizzard: we learned our lesson. Let’s see what class they want.

Fans: Dark Ranger

Blizzard: Na

Fans: Tinker

Fans: Necromancer

Blizzard: Na.

Also Blizzard: How about Evoker? Thanks for the feedback, it means a lot to us.

I never said bring ML back? I would be perfectly fine with an expanded and more "fun" PL system.

Let us see all that dropped on the boss, even if we got nothing.
    Let us give the loot to who we want and not with all the dumb restrictions.
    Okay, fair enough.

To be honest I expected way more. We are long overdue for another world revamp yet it seems like its going to be another SL 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by Valhalladin View Post
    Blizzard: we learned our lesson. Let’s see what class they want.

Fans: Dark Ranger

Fans: Tinker

Fans: Necromancer

Blizzard: Na.

Also Blizzard: How about Evoker? Thanks for the feedback, it means a lot to us.
    Seriously. Literally no one asked for this class. So fucking random and uninteresting.

I wouldn't have been happy with Dark Ranger either - but at least I could have understood it as fan service. This is just weird.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    I don't like the cartoony, pastel art direction of the expansion. I prefer the detailed, gritty look and darker colors of the older expansions.

Not a fan of the theme. The 5 Dragonflights are incredibly bland. Should have introduced unique looking dragons like clockwork dragons powered by the souls of demons, or brought the Netherwings back, etc.
    Same, hoped to see new kinds of Dragons, yet shoved in face the very same ones that we knew for alsmost 20 years.

Atleast split power from 5 dragonflights to 9, if their own power so great to making them go insane.
    Last edited by cocomen2; 2022-04-19 at 08:03 PM.
    Please, there a perfect example of hypocritical thinking:
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    If Tinkers had anything to do with Hunters, but they don’t. Unlike Bards which are linked to Rogues.

Holding off reservation until later, some of what we were shown looks really alpha, moreso than usual at this stage. I see some things I like, but nothing really reaches out and grabs me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Talents rebuild is the best part of it. Zones like zones lookin good. New race looks like dog fart. Story??? Hope for good raids and dungeons. Professions okish. Not hyped really atm. Just like "ok will see".

Lots of good things, but WoW RPers ruined the playable dragon fantasy for me permanently.. It's just too cringe to think about it, and now that playable dragons exist, that just encourages more cringe.

This is why I was a heavy advocate for Tinkers, because that's how much I hated "playable dragons"

We've been hearing this for literal years, I don't understand how people still get excited at the prospect that "Maybe this time it'll be different!".

Don't get excited about the possibility of it being better, you need to actually witness if it is better. You can't take Blizzard at their word anymore, haven't been able to for years. They have to actually prove it now.

O no, don't misunderstand me. I am not giving Blizzard one cent until I have seen for at least a couple of months or more if they have changed anything and is listening to the player base. Trust me, I have played WoW for 17 years and I know how Blizzard has whispered sweet nothings into players ear just to get their money and not change shit about the game. No. I will be watching for several months if not longer before I give any moeny to Blizzard. I don't trust them at all..especially when it comes to giving them money.
    Be careful who you chat it up with here on these forums. If you are NOT for WoW and about WoW, people will report whatever you say and get you banned

I mean at least they didn't add tinkers, that's a pretty big positive.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Cinematic at least felt more like mobile game announcement as it didnt really showcase much, not even that usual list of features they show. Hopefully once they reveal the main core systems/power systems, it will look more cohesive.

Flight right from the start, no borrowed power, and a new race and class-- I'm hyped, this looks like a much more ambitious expansion than Shadowlands. Remains to be seen if I'm still hyped in 2023 when it finally releases. I'm done with 9.2 and ready for 10.0 right now, but like, july/august 2022 would still feel good. Dragonflight isn't gonna come out in august 2022.

I'm kinda shocked they didn't announce any new gameplay systems. Prior expansions had Torghast, Island Adventures, Warfronts, order halls, garrisons, etc. I guess maybe the rideable drake progression system may do that.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    Cinematic at least felt more like mobile game announcement as it didnt really showcase much, not even that usual list of features they show. Hopefully once they reveal the main core systems/power systems, it will look more cohesive.
    I don't know how to tell you this, but I'm pretty sure they outright said they don't want to do power systems again and are instead focusing on the talent system.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

They said no borrowed power, so anything they add, they plan to keep for future expansions.

Of course borrowed power existed for a reason, if you give every class a new ability every expansion that very quickly gets unwieldy when your rotation has 12 separate buttons, so I wouldn't expect many active abilities to be added that aren't a choice between multiples.

Super duper excited - in fact none of the older expansions got me this hyped. Why?

1)They are obviously focusing on the core gameplay. One talent tree and that's it - tons of fun builds for different scenarios. Classic RPG style.

2)If you pay attention - there is a shift in the lore. It's not all about one bad guy - rather exploration and revamps. The following expansion will be build on these blocks.

3)Trailer was purposefully put in a way to support #2.

4)If a race model would bother me - then I would know that i'm playing the wrong game to start with. But I will agree that it looks dumb(there is still time to tune the looks).

It means more for me, that they are trying.
    Last edited by HansOlo; 2022-04-19 at 08:26 PM.