View Poll Results: How do you feel about Dragonflight now?

Voters
314. This poll is closed
  • Hyped

118 37.58%
  • Indifferent

117 37.26%
  • Depressed

79 25.16%
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Very meh. The only thing I am really disappointed by is the race. Locking it to one class and not having the dragon form wearing armor is a big misstep in my mind.

Im hyped, but as always it sounds better/more promesing as it will be. Like "We are listening" "Everything will be better" bla bla.

10+ Year Old Account
    interests me more than SL for sure
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

I'm indifferent, kinda difficult to be hyped after being burned by blizzard so many times

Let's just wait and see if they are going to f*ck up again or finally get a W

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Groundwalker View Post
    Correct. Let me explain my thoughts here a bit further on the subject of class revamps. In my opinion over the years classes have become stagnant. Most classes have received little to not class design changes for several expansions. In my opinion this leads to boredom tie that in with a sub par story and a grindy system and you basically get the mass "un-subscribers" in shadowlands. I do not feel that the main concept of the classes need to be changed. For example a fury warrior does not need to have all new talents and abilities, or a affliction warlock does not have to have some new overhaul to how it functions. But perhaps the fury warrior now has a new rotation as opposed to in the past. It is still a dual wielding warrior but its new and refreshing for the players who choose to play that character. Maybe the warlock now has a new dot talent that can proc a new dot that can be applied (spit-balling here). A revamp to freshen up the classes to make them exciting again and not a overhaul to turn them into something new. - Ground
    Yeah makes sense, and I'd like to see that also. I didn't really object to the classes I play being pretty similar in the last two expansions, but I'm ready for it to be shaken up a bit, at least in terms of abilities I use.
    "A youtuber said so."

"... some wow experts being interviewed..."

"According to researchers from Wowhead..."

Meh. Boring Copy wotlk zones and mobs. The new race is I don’t know its feel empty, but can be good who knows they always good at this marketing parr and fail after.

7+ Year Old Account
    I had low expectations, yet I am still disappointed.
    New "race" and new "class" are the same thing. So if you want to play new class you are locked to this new race and vise versa.
    New race's human form is not even a new race, but an allied race: male version uses Belf base model, while female uses human base model.
    New race's dragon form does not wear player's armor. So it is a glorified Druid's shapeshifting. Dragon form looks kinda strange, I would prefer a more bulky one.
    New class has only 2 specs.
    New dragonriding is a ripoff from GW2 mount system, but with only 1 type of mount. This system will suck if it is tied only to Dragon Isles, but if it not - it will make all old flying mounts obsolete.
    Rework of talents could be meh without huge reworks of specs. Need more info.
    Professions rework is okay.

The main problem is that Blizz had 2 terrible expacs in a row and they need a super expansion to regain player's trust. This expansions should has a Legion level of fanservice. And players wanted different things. They wanted different classes and races. They wanted housing. They wanted bold changes.

It's not really ... evoking any emotion from me. I don't feel the urge to resub and can't wait to get my hands on it, but I'm also not as disappointed as I was with BFA and Shadowlands.

10+ Year Old Account
    Entertained after having a big ole chortle at the presentation, had a feeling it would be as confused as the Shadowlands reveal.
    Trailer didn't feel like it was for a WoW expansion and if there was no VO I wouldn't have connected it.
    Story seems a little meh 'fix the Dragonflight problems by doing their chores' doesn't evoke the feelings of an adventurer exploring a new land like MoP did. Also no Bronze Dragon mentions.
    New scaly race is someone's fetish getting realised much like the implementation of the Incubus was and the decision to race restrict a new class (one that is both the first new caster and mail user to be released since launch) to only the new race instead of figuring out some level cap hero class thing for other races to use with spirit dragon forms or something was just dumb.
    They're messing with the UI again and so remains to be seen what is going to happen.
    Dragon Riding made me lol as I knew Dragon Rider would be mentioned in some form though they were too light in detail on the mechanics and more interested in telling us about all the HTTYD snoots we can find.
    They're messing with Professions again, they forgot crafting tables have been a thing they have done before and they're messing with the experience /skill level stuff again, comission stuff sounded interesting.
    New skill/talent trees was the only thing I really liked concept-wise but I reserve judgement until I know what exactly they're doing and working with different specs.
    But as I said entertained... yet indifferent.
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

I think to renew interest in this game they needed to do something drastic, different, and innovative.

Instead we got the old talent system back, a more convoluted flying mechanic, and an uninteresting class that no one asked for which is tied to an odd looking race which additionally can't be played as any other class.

In short, this expansion seems "par for the course" - which isn't a good thing for a game that has been dwindling in popularity for years and years.

This was the worst cinematic Blizzard has ever put out, so maybe this expac will be the opposite and be really good.
    -=Retired Former World's Best Player=-

Quote Originally Posted by Traveler Voltin View Post
    i am excited but i will remain cautious
    This is where I am at right now. As one who left WoW in May of 2021, it was boring, and the devs showed they gave very little of a damn for the game. Just some kind of way to keep you logged in so they could get money in their pockets and make shareholders happy.

Now that Dragonflight has been announced and they are proclaiming to listen more to the player base (Something we have ALL heard before) we will see what happens over the next few months. I will cautiously be watching with my binoculars. Until then I will continue to enjoy my comfortable stay in FFXIV.
    Be careful who you chat it up with here on these forums. If you are NOT for WoW and about WoW, people will report whatever you say and get you banned

Quote Originally Posted by Aggressive View Post
    This is where I am at right now. As one who left WoW in May of 2021, it was boring, and the devs showed they gave very little of a damn for the game. Just some kind of way to keep you logged in so they could get money in their pockets and make shareholders happy.

Now that Dragonflight has been announced and they are proclaiming to listen more to the player base (Something we have ALL heard before) we will see what happens over the next few months. I will cautiously be watching with my binoculars. Until then I will continue to enjoy my comfortable stay in FFXIV.
    We've been hearing this for literal years, I don't understand how people still get excited at the prospect that "Maybe this time it'll be different!".

Don't get excited about the possibility of it being better, you need to actually witness if it is better. You can't take Blizzard at their word anymore, haven't been able to for years. They have to actually prove it now.

Optimistic, specially since personal loot might get looked at.

Seems like it's going to be like every other expansion in the Legion Era minus the borrowed power, which automatically makes it better. Still not super impressed. Game really needed a shake up to the formula we have had for the past 6 years.
    Last edited by varren; 2022-04-19 at 07:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Optimistic, specially since personal loot might get looked at.
    Not sure how you came to that conclusion or how that alone would make or break the expansion.

Hyped.
    First new class I've wanted to play rather than make to see whatever story went with it. Looking forward to dragon and Titan stuff. Curious about Talent revamp. After SL very much looking forward to profession changes. Seemingly no new AP system and no one and done expansion gimmick like Torghast are also pluses.

I am way more hyped than I thought I would be.
    I am looking forward to the new flying mechanics and the exploration focused storytelling.
    Also, new class is always a good thing.

Even less excited than I was for the Shadowlands announcement.

Quote Originally Posted by Alcsaar View Post
    Not sure how you came to that conclusion or how that alone would make or break the expansion.
    The ign interview Ion mentions they're not "rapturously happy" with PL and it's complexities.

I've hate PL since the day the brought it in, would love to see some changes to it to loosen it up and make it more fun.