Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    well I mean if you look at it, its the form, most commonly used by Dragons them self, Look at the Aspects
    Alex = Elf
    Ysera = Elf
    Malygos= Elf
    Nozdamu = elf
    Deathwring =Human

Kalegos = Human

Its only a hand full that pick different like Chromie and Ebonhorn. While yes id love for it to be all the races, of Azeroth it just boils down to lore wise, its what msot dragons go with anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    This is the goal guys;

So their design choice makes sense.
    I disagree with the goal. Ebonhorn and Chromie should havee been the goal. Just throw a new scaley skin texture on every race, and horns, as an option.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amnaught View Post
    I disagree with the goal. Ebonhorn and Chromie should havee been the goal. Just throw a new scaley skin texture on every race, and horns, as an option.
    Thing is, less than 1% would choose those races. Better to focus your development time on something that will actually excite players.

7+ Year Old Account
    Thing is, less than 1% would choose those races. Better to focus your development time on something that will actually excite players.
    This idea was already proved false and flawed.

You can't focus on something that will actually excite "only" 30% of your playerbase, since its the amount of people who play blood elf and human.

Even if not, its not a good way to develop a mmo.

Quote Originally Posted by Romanthony View Post
    Its only a hand full that pick different like Chromie and Ebonhorn. While yes id love for it to be all the races, of Azeroth it just boils down to lore wise, its what msot dragons go with anyway
    ..you just proved yourself that lorewise they can be anything they want.

there is no such thing as "it makes sense to force everyone play with elf or human because its the preference of the aspects", its us who is going to play, the choice should be ours.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post

You can't focus on something that will actually excite "only" 30% of your playerbase, since its the amount of people who play blood elf and human.

I highly doubt actual players are going to care, which is probably Blizzard's calculation as well. You're going to be spending most of your time in Dracthyr form. There are those who will spend more than average time in Visage form for RP purposes, but again I seriously doubt anyone into RPing is going to not play the class because they can't be a visage gnome or tauren.

Especially when the most popular characters of this concept look like this;

A bunch of f-ing elves and elven humans.....

..you just proved yourself that lorewise they can be anything they want.

there is no such thing as "it makes sense to force everyone play with elf or human because its the preference of the aspects", its us who is going to play, the choice should be ours.
    I also said I would prefer them to be any race, But blizzard, seem to like making them mostly, humans and elves as seen by the 5 aspects

As a huge Troll fan id love to make my Dracthyr a Troll but alas

That's not remotely accurate, but regardless:

Who cares? Imagine saying Death Knights shouldnt have gotten extra faces and skin colors because "less than 1% will be a Gnome or Tauren Death Knight"

But even barring that, even not spending time on one or two draconic customizations for every race (still convinced copy-pasting five colored scale "tattoos" onto all of them would be trivial) would still be preferable in my opinion to what they actually did. Chromie, Kalec, Wrathion, and Ebonhorn dont have scales or dragon horns.
    Last edited by Amnaught; 2022-04-23 at 12:13 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amnaught View Post
    That's not remotely accurate, but regardless:

Who cares? Imagine saying Death Knights shouldnt have gotten extra faces and skin colors because "less than 1% will be a Gnome or Tauren Death Knight"
    Hey, I'm not saying that I oppose them getting Gnomes or Tauren for visages. I'm simply saying its not something worth complaining over to the point where people are acting like they'll quit the game or the expansion sucks if they don't get it. If the DKs didn't get extra faces and skin colors, I'd still play the class. So would pretty much everyone else who has ever played a DK.

Quote Originally Posted by cantrip View Post
    Because it would take longer to design them from scratch. Blizzards best liked sport is to reuse as many assets as possible.
    There is little to nothing new about the visages, they reuse human and blood elf skeletons, the scales are literal paint and the horns can be re-applied to all races without much issue.

At the very least they should allow human male and blood elf female as option.

7+ Year Old Account
    I highly doubt actual players are going to care, which is probably Blizzard's calculation as well.
    Again, that some rly bs to talk about

You are basically saying 70%+ of the playerbase, who don't play elves or humans are not actual players, yet, we pay the game the same
    You're going to be spending most of your time in Dracthyr form.
    Yet, they are spending time and resources in giving the visage form different hairstyles and colors, instead of working on the dragon form

There are those who will spend more than average time in Visage form for RP purposes, but again I seriously doubt anyone into RPing is going to not play the class because they can't be a visage gnome or tauren.
    Thats exactly whats going to happen, and, there will also be a lot of people who will not play then because they can't be other classes.

And since allowing us to pick any visage will not be hard,

Especially when the most popular characters of this concept look like this;

A bunch of f-ing elves and elven humans.....
    Thats some wild way to kill your own game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Again, that some rly bs to talk about

You are basically saying 70%+ of the playerbase, who don't play elves or humans are not actual players, yet, we pay the game the same

Yet, they are spending time and resources in giving the visage form different hairstyles and colors, instead of working on the dragon form
    Are Worgen players playing Worgen for the Human forms, or the Worgen forms?

7+ Year Old Account
    If they let Worgen stay in the human form i would roll one right now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rendark View Post
    If they let Worgen stay in the human form i would roll one right now.
    Well you can stay in Visage form as long as a Worgen stays in Human form, so I don't think many (if any) people are rolling this race/class for the visage forms. They're just a bonus for lore purposes.

7+ Year Old Account
    Always changing goalposts, the dracthyr are not just a race but a class, who don't make sense to be elf only, againl

And yes, some people play then because their lore, by your logic, worgens should have being elves.

- - - Updated - - -

Well you can stay in Visage form as long as a Worgen stays in Human form, so I don't think many (if any) people are rolling this race/class for the visage forms. They're just a bonus for lore purposes.
    if those visage forms are no such big deal, it make no sense to have customizations for then, and they should add other races

everyone wins.

10+ Year Old Account
    Always changing goalposts, the dracthyr are not just a race but a class, who don't make sense to be elf only, againl

And yes, some people play then because their lore, by your logic, worgens should have being elves.
    I didn't say lore, I said for their human forms. Is a person rolling a Worgen because of the Worgen, or because of how the human model looks? In my case, I really didn't care how my human looked, I only cared about the Worgen. I can imagine Dracthyr are going to be the same thing; Visage forms are just going to be an afterthought for most players, and the dracthyr is going to be the main attraction.

if those visage forms are no such big deal, it make no sense to have customizations for then, and they should add other races

everyone wins.
    I actually agree. However, my point is the lack of more racial options isn't the gamebreaking problem you're making it out to be. The biggest concern is going to be the dracthyr forms themselves and the abilities of the class its attached to.

7+ Year Old Account
    I didn't say lore, I said for their human forms. Is a person rolling a Worgen because of the Worgen, or because of how the human model looks? In my case, I really didn't care how my human looked, I only cared about the Worgen. I can imagine Dracthyr are going to be the same thing; Visage forms are just going to be an afterthought for most players, and the dracthyr is going to be the main attraction.
    And again, if thats true, then they should make the visage any form

this literally confirm what im saying.

I actually agree. However, my point is the lack of more racial options isn't the gamebreaking problem you're making it out to be. The biggest concern is going to be the dracthyr forms themselves and the abilities of the class its attached to.
    For some people it is gamebreaking

And its even worse because they are actively neglecting the dragon form in order to give the visage different hair and hair colors, they are wasting development time with something should simple be "pick those core races and be done with it" instead of working on the dragon form.

Thats why they should stop, focus on the dragon forms and let anyone be any visage, throw some horns and everyone is happy instead of 30% of the players

7+ Year Old Account
    Well i would, so that's one. Let me play Gilnean and i'd go team alliance right now.