10+ Year Old Account

World of Warcraft Dragonflight Story Panel

World of Warcraft Dragonflight Story Panel
    Teron Gregory and Steve Danuser talked about the lore and story for Dragonflight.

• The Dragon Isle are the broodlands for all dragonflights.
    • The Sundering during the War of the Ancients split the land and caused the magic of the Dragon Isles to go dormant, causing the dragons to leave the isles.
    • The Titan watchers left behind were supposed to call back the dragons if the elemental energy every recovered. In the cinematic, this is why we see the watcher activate the beacon. The dragons are returning to cultivate their homeland.
    • The expansion will focus on exploring the culture of dragons in Azeroth.
    • The Dragon Isle have changed quite a bit in the past 10,000 years.
    • Most of the dragonflights used their powers for good, but the Black Dragonflight became corrupted.
    • Much of the story will revolve around Wrathion learning to regain the power and respect of his flight. But is he the right leader to take over?
    • This is an opportunity for the dragons to regain their legacy as protectors, but the players must join them to help with the challenges of the Dragon Isles.
    • There is an ancient half-giant elemental race prominent on the Isles that are enemies of the dragons.
    • The Tuskar and their history will feature prominently on the Dragon Isles.
    • There is a race of Centaur that predate the ones in Eastern Kingdom found on the Dragon Isles/
    • Before Deathwing was corrupt, he saw these elemental forces breaking from the aspects, and his first experiments combined draconic power with the mortal races to create the Dracthyr.
    • The main theme of the Dragon Isle is exploration. There will many hidden secrets.
    • The theme of this expansion is reclaiming legacy and rediscovering who you were before everything went awry.
    • It is our turn to help the dragons regain their legacy since they helped us so much.
    • We will explore history that only the dragons know.

Last edited by Stoy; 2022-04-19 at 05:31 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mists of Pandaria 2.0 and I say that's a good thing. Much more grounded and chill.

10+ Year Old Account
    Story is gonna be the make or break to me resubbing, while I have loved everything about the expansion so far. The main reason for unsubbing if my lack of interest in the world that Shadlowands gave me. I found everythign about Shadowlands just dull. So I hope they bring these dragon isles to life more along the lines of what they did to Pandaria or WotLK or even Legion.

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    "The Tuskar and their history will feature prominently on the Dragon Isles."

I can hear Tali screaming from here.

"The theme of this expansion is reclaiming legacy and rediscovering who you were before everything went awry."
    "It is our turn to help the dragons regain their legacy"

Wat

Quote Originally Posted by EyelessCrow View Post
    "The theme of this expansion is reclaiming legacy and rediscovering who you were before everything went awry."
    "It is our turn to help the dragons regain their legacy"

Wat
    Sounds like Blizzard is making the expansion for their own team
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

"Five torch to light our path"

Giant ass sword fucking the planet that needs addressing.

We just defeated a "titan++" level enemy who was trying to fuck our world.

He intimates that there is another enemy thats due to come.

Lets just forget about all that shit and help dragons for no other fucking reason than somebody turned the electricity back on.

"There is a race of Centaur that predate the ones in Eastern Kingdom found on the Dragon Isles"

Am I missing something, weren't this due to Zaetis(or whatever his name was, son of Cenarius) and Princess "what's her face" from Maraudon?
    Are we saying this exact same thing happened on the dragon isles with two close to identical creatures?
    Or simply retconning :P?

10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds like another shadowlands to me.

Unless Blizzard bothers overhauling the old zones and addressing all the cataclysm and faction war destruction I don't really care about this expansion.
    Its again yet another new leveling zone that we will temporarily visit and never see again.
    Don't care.

And the new race looks horrible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    Sounds like another shadowlands to me.

Unless Blizzard bothers overhauling the old zones and addressing all the cataclysm and faction war destruction I don't really care about this expansion.
    Its again yet another new leveling zone that we will temporarily visit and never see again.
    Don't care.

And the new race looks horrible.
    Well it's not as bad as taking an existing place/plane of existence that multiple characters have ventured into before that was presented in a very specific way for the longest time and then going "Surprise it's actually another derpy pocket dimension run by these chucklefucks" with all it's lore hiccups and inconsistencies that was the last expansion. Though I agree Dragonflight's current story presentation isn't giving a lot to take stock in especially when it's already starting issues with the Centaur's and another Dragon Hybrid race that look fresh out of a Scalies fetish book.
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

There is a race of Centaur that predate the ones in Eastern Kingdom found on the Dragon Isles
    Shouldn't that be Kalimdor? There's no centaurs in the Eastern Kingdoms.

I'm kinda clueless on the story starting point here... which will be addressed in a patch I suppose but are the horde and alliance all friends again now?

I'm liking this already.

To be honest. The fact that it's all taking place on Azeroth makes it more interesting already. I played Shadowlands until level 60 and just hit a brick wall. None of it was interesting to me in terms of lore and the content we were in. Sure some of the zones looked nice and all, but it all felt so removed from "Warcraft" that turned me off very quickly. I don't tend to enjoy such high-level concepts either, and it often is very difficult for the story writers to keep things consistent and make sense once you start jumping into concepts that try to transcend reality. Just like the story behind Warlords of Draenor felt very flat for me very quickly as the idea of going back in time, having multiple timelines and having multiple versions of the same characters is just not interesting to me. I'm sure someone loves that idea and concept, personally, I just can't get invested in it, it all just feels stupid and creates so many plot holes the game is never going to even try to explain or make any sense.

So far I have no clue what Dragonriders is going to provide in terms of story and conflict and I'm completely fine with that. But sadly that makes for a far less hype cinematic, that's for sure. I loved the Shadowlands cinematic, even though I hated how easily Sylvanas delt with Bolvar. Pretty much every cinematic to date has made me hyped, this one didn't. But I'm still positive to the fact that we are back on Azeroth and the zones are somewhat reminiscent of Northrend in many ways.

Quote Originally Posted by Stoy View Post
    [*]There is a race of Centaur that predate the ones in Eastern Kingdom found on the Dragon Isles
    They're from Kalimdor, not the Eastern Kingdoms.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ara Myrr View Post
    Shouldn't that be Kalimdor? There's no centaurs in the Eastern Kingdoms.

I'm kinda clueless on the story starting point here... which will be addressed in a patch I suppose but are the horde and alliance all friends again now?
    It's Kalimdor. They even said it.