Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Illuminance View Post
    @19:46: "Is Wrathion coming back, and is he still hot?" - imagine this question being asked about any female character
    I guess if men (or Dragonkin) were being tageted, killed, assaulted, r*ped by, who knows, assassin trolls because of their gender/looks you'd have a point. It is not the same thing for a woman to talk about the looks of a man. Men don't get killed for that.

They have been laying the groundworks for this expansion since even before Shadowlands.
    Saga, that started back in Warcraft 2! They have been setting this expansion this entire time.
    That's some d6 chess.

Quote Originally Posted by Glub View Post
    I guess if men (or Dragonkin) were being tageted, killed, assaulted, r*ped by, who knows, assassin trolls because of their gender/looks you'd have a point. It is not the same thing for a woman to talk about the looks of a man. Men don't get killed for that.
    Yes, men don't get targeted, killed, assaulted, or "r*ped*" because of their gender or looks

I didn't realize a man talking about how a woman looks is murder. I'm learning so much today

Quote Originally Posted by cityguy193 View Post
    So whats happening with classes we have now? Kinda disappointed that new ways to play them such as class skins or 4th specs were not introduced in any capacity. I would also like to see racials revamped to some capacity, and maybe the new talent trees can be expanded towards racials as well.
    Uh hello? They’re completely revamping the talent system. That’s going to change how all classes play.

Quote Originally Posted by Woggmer View Post
    If this were a single player RPG, then that would work... except this is an MMO, and having talent trees for racials will make some races more powerful than others.... Trolls have a built in haste button, Draenei have a free heal, Humans can break out of any stuns and have 10% reputation boosts, Lightforge Draenei can drop Light nukes on enemies, and Vulpera can build their own camp and have their own separate hearthstone.

We don't need a talent tree that gives Humans even more reputation boosts than they already have. That would make them so OP that if you wanna complete faction reputations, you HAVE to roll a human.

This is biggest issue, as well as the biggest thing that players whine about, for WoW. I honestly don't think WoW players know how to have fun anymore. It seems to be more of let me sit around and watch to see if so-called spec is doing too much damage with said abilities or said racials. The warlock beat a rogue...Whine, The warlock beat a warrior....Whine, The rogue killed a paladin...Whine, That demon hunter beat everyone in the raid....Whine. Not sure I want to leave FFXIV to come back to WoW.
    Be careful who you chat it up with here on these forums. If you are NOT for WoW and about WoW, people will report whatever you say and get you banned

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just hope the Talent tree revamp is just that,
    New zones don't stay new so it comes back to the actual character we invest so much time in.
    Know it won't happen but wish they would open up new races to different classes.

Again I totally understand why it wont happen but would love a Blood Elf to be a druid, *runs for cover* hehe

Quote Originally Posted by Aggressive View Post
    This is biggest issue, as well as the biggest thing that players whine about, for WoW. I honestly don't think WoW players know how to have fun anymore. It seems to be more of let me sit around and watch to see if so-called spec is doing too much damage with said abilities or said racials. The warlock beat a rogue...Whine, The warlock beat a warrior....Whine, The rogue killed a paladin...Whine, That demon hunter beat everyone in the raid....Whine. Not sure I want to leave FFXIV to come back to WoW.
    Actually, this isn't even an issue Blizz can fix because this is just the player mentality. Whatever is the most OP is the thing everyone should run for the most optimal results... and if the build doesn't work, they'll think that the class is useless and look for classes based on tier lists and how well they can perform in a Mythic Raiding, Mythic+ or PvP environment...

I literally just saw comments about the New Updated Talent Tree all say "Oh boy, I can't wait to go on IcyVeins to see what the correct build should be."

I don't know if FFXIV has this same dilemma of Fun vs Optimal, but this is something that is apparent in every video game, more so in MOBAs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    The new talent system will probably shake things up. Unless I missed something the druid one were separated between tank/dps and a healer section.
    The current 3 dps/tank specs were separated into 3 branches but linked up with each other.

To mix the talents together like that (which I assume they do for all classes in similar or different ways) you need to make the baseline kit bit mixed as well. Maybe elemental mage is coming back.
    Nah its Class talent tree and Spec talent tree.

Example shown was a Druid in Resto spec (Druid tree on left, Resto on right), if you play a Ret Paladin it will be Paladin tree and Ret tree - if you respec to prot you just change your ret tree to prot tree but keep the paladin tree and then just spend your points.

“The continent encourages exploration. Different reputations will unlock new stories as you progress.”

Oh nice, rep grind again. Welcome in 2023.

Quote Originally Posted by Woggmer View Post
    Actually, this isn't even an issue Blizz can fix because this is just the player mentality. Whatever is the most OP is the thing everyone should run for the most optimal results... and if the build doesn't work, they'll think that the class is useless and look for classes based on tier lists and how well they can perform in a Mythic Raiding, Mythic+ or PvP environment...

I literally just saw comments about the New Updated Talent Tree all say "Oh boy, I can't wait to go on IcyVeins to see what the correct build should be."

I don't know if FFXIV has this same dilemma of Fun vs Optimal, but this is something that is apparent in every video game, more so in MOBAs.

I think I saw that IcyVeins comment as well. In FFXIV, it is hard to say if that is the case or not. I have only been playing the game for close to a year now. But I have hardly seen people whining. Now as for the latest patch that just came out, people are unhappy over Samurai changes. But in PvP hell most of the classes are Op...lol
    Be careful who you chat it up with here on these forums. If you are NOT for WoW and about WoW, people will report whatever you say and get you banned

Quote Originally Posted by Aggressive View Post
    I think I saw that IcyVeins comment as well. In FFXIV, it is hard to say if that is the case or not. I have only been playing the game for close to a year now. But I have hardly seen people whining. Now as for the latest patch that just came out, people are unhappy over Samurai changes. But in PvP hell most of the classes are Op...lol
    Yeah, and to make it worse is that you have these players who aren't very good at the game, yet have to follow the meta but still come up short in dps. The "Meta Slaves" but even if something is meta in Mythic Raiding, doesn't always apply the same way as it does in Normal or LFR.

>The team thought of the new race early in development.
    >The team realized early that none of the existing classes fit the theme of the race very well.
    The dragon thing is the only thing about this race/class that fit in this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    The new talent system will probably shake things up. Unless I missed something the druid one were separated between tank/dps and a healer section.
    The current 3 dps/tank specs were separated into 3 branches but linked up with each other.

To mix the talents together like that (which I assume they do for all classes in similar or different ways) you need to make the baseline kit bit mixed as well. Maybe elemental mage is coming back.
    The talent trees aren't separated in to roles, they're separated in to a Class Tree and a Spec Tree. So you'll pick your spec(Resto, Balance, Feral, Guardian), then you'll have two trees, a "Druid" tree and a "Resto/Balance/Feral/Guardian" tree. Looks like the points are separate as well, so you'll have x points for your Class Tree and y points for your Spec tree, and other than that you can put points in as you wish.

You won't be able to take Resto talents as a Balance druid, for example. I would expect the "Druid" tree to hold a lot of the more spec-agnostic talents and passives that have been in game thus far.
    Last edited by Stickiler; 2022-04-20 at 01:00 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Addiena
    Whats the saying .. You have two brain cells and they are both fighting for third place !

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    They have been laying the groundworks for this expansion since even before Shadowlands.
    Oh, bullshit. Dev, please.

Fair enough reasons

"The team realized early that none of the existing classes fit the theme of the race very well."

Utter rubbish. They could easily be mages or warriors and have that fit perfectly fine, so I'll offer a translation.

"The team is lazy and didn't want to rig animations for more than one class."

Quote Originally Posted by Gadzooks View Post
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Oh, bullshit. Dev, please.
    They probably mean the 95% use of re-used textures and environmental models. Looks like the "artists" at Blizzard are just using a drag and drop to form these worlds with little to no new "art" It all looks the same to me. And pretty boring as well.

Quote Originally Posted by VXBlade View Post
    They probably mean the 95% use of re-used textures and environmental models. Looks like the "artists" at Blizzard are just using a drag and drop to form these worlds with little to no new "art" It all looks the same to me. And pretty boring as well.
    That's what i thought, too.
    All of the zones lookes exactly like ones we've seen before.

One dragon riding shot looks exactly like a wod zone,
    The "lush valley" is just copy pasted stormsong valley
    and the mountains shown could've been taken straight from stormheim.

I dont know where that "fresh feel" they talk about comes from, but maybe it'll show when we get to see more alpha/beta footage.

The best part for me was that they said the factions work together and we can do stuff together now.
    A minute later one dev said that the ships from og and sw arrive next to each other and you could jump over to wreck them.
    Good start to the whole idea of working together again.
    Last edited by Lanesra; 2022-04-20 at 05:23 AM.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by silverdragon234 View Post
    Fair enough reasons
    It's obvious that some time before Shadowlands they knew that there's gonna be an expansion after Shadowlands

That's all there is to that statement.

Ion couldn't physically be thinking of "Flying Everywhere from the Start" or "Borrowed Power is bad" in the times of BfA. Especially both at the same time.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Quote Originally Posted by Lanesra View Post
    That's what i thought, too.
    All of the zones lookes exactly like ones we've seen before.

One dragon riding shot looks exactly like a wod zone,
    The "lush valley" is just copy pasted stormsong valley
    and the mountains shown could've been taken straight from stormheim.

I dont know where that "fresh feel" they talk about comes from, but maybe it'll show when we get to see more alpha/beta footage.

The best part for me was that they said the factions work together and we can do stuff together now.
    A minute later one dev said that the ships from og and sw arrive next to each other and you could jump over to wreck them.
    Good start to the whole idea of working together again.
    I gotta ask not because i think your wrong but could you give me an zone or an idea of a zone that has not been done yet?