Page 30 of 43 FirstFirst ...
20
28
29
30
31
32
40
... LastLast
  1. #581
    I wonder why people expect an mmo be focused on solo content! If you don't like playing in group then this genre is not for you mates.
    There are 4 different difficulties for raids and 3 different difficulties for dungeons without considering various levels of m+. Any pve player can enjoy the game to some extend.

    There are multiple ranked and unranked pvp stuff in game.

    There are plenty of open world stuff such as treasure hunting, collecting toys/mounts, main and side quests, reputation farming, achievements, and other stuff. If you enjoy open world content and you dont have so many achievement points (specially loremaster) then you cant whine about lack of open world/solo content.

    If you dont enjoy any mentioned activities then this game is not suitable and enjoyable for you and its better to find another one.

  2. #582
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Sub numbers = quality? I don't agree
    Sub numbers = fun. If people are having fun they'll not quit, and their enjoyment will draw even more people to the game.

    WoW is in the opposite spectrum, "not fun", and the constant unhappy people quitting make new audiences avoid the game.
    Azeroth must be remastered!

  3. #583
    Quote Originally Posted by Norskygrrl View Post
    Leaving Ion in charge is so short-sighted. "Dragon riding" is just another way to keep real flying away from players. He is wasting resources on this? Instead of game-play for casual players? He doesn't have a clue about designing an MMO.
    Dragonflight is gameplay. Current flying isnt.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Dakara View Post
    WTF does that comment have to do with my post you quoted? Seriously, point out where I made any reference to “best gear.”

    Honestly, my kids have better reading comprehension….
    Context of your complains is pretty clear you dont have to say anything. When you say casual content you dont actual mean casual content. What you mean is getting highest possible gear rewards for casuals doing casual content. This is what people mean when they say there ia no casual content. Its pure entiltement nothing els.

  4. #584
    Quote Originally Posted by azshanna View Post
    I wonder why people expect an mmo be focused on solo content! If you don't like playing in group then this genre is not for you mates.
    There are 4 different difficulties for raids and 3 different difficulties for dungeons without considering various levels of m+. Any pve player can enjoy the game to some extend.
    This definition argument is so lame.
    Hey this is a RPG! If you don't like to roleplay the genre is not for you mate.
    If you want to kill bosses in instances better play Monster Hunter instead.

    Quote Originally Posted by azshanna View Post
    There are plenty of open world stuff such as treasure hunting, collecting toys/mounts, main and side quests, reputation farming, achievements, and other stuff. If you enjoy open world content and you dont have so many achievement points (specially loremaster) then you cant whine about lack of open world/solo content.
    Oh wow what a novel Idea. There are quests in the game? I didn't know that.
    Ever thought that people finished all that stuff in the first month of the expansion? Yes maybe not every stupid 5th recolored version of a mount no one uses in the first place but everything people are interested in.

  5. #585
    Quote Originally Posted by Yriel View Post
    This definition argument is so lame.
    Hey this is a RPG! If you don't like to roleplay the genre is not for you mate.
    If you want to kill bosses in instances better play Monster Hunter instead.


    Oh wow what a novel Idea. There are quests in the game? I didn't know that.
    Ever thought that people finished all that stuff in the first month of the expansion? Yes maybe not every stupid 5th recolored version of a mount no one uses in the first place but everything people are interested in.
    So why exactly are you playing WoW instead of any other single player RPG?

  6. #586
    Field Marshal acinos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Frozen Wastes of Minnesota
    Posts
    57

    Horde

    As a solo player, and someone who just came back to the game. Honestly I don't care for the most part what content comes in the new xpacks. There's so much for me to still in now old content. My goal in shadowlands is the same as every xpack before it. Get max level, work on professions on my main and alts, get enough gear to where I'm happy. Honestly just lfr current tier is fine by me. I just want gear for soloing old raids to get the tmogs I want and mounts.

    The only content I would be super excited for at this point would be actual player or guild housing, and for them to add a solo dungeon mode. Maybe like solo time walking dungeons for old content. Give me more reasons to do old content. Solo current dungeons could just be cosmetic or lower than normal gear for drops personaly idc. I just want to see the story at my pace. Most of my friends have moved on and those that do play are on sporadically at best. I just want to enjoy the world.
    Last edited by acinos; 2022-05-12 at 07:52 AM. Reason: Correcting my phones autocorrect

  7. #587
    The statement itself isn't true, there will be a significant number of people that keep playing because they believe in change for the better and that the Devs will listen to them one day. I would say the majority of people aren't even aware that the game isn't designed for them and just go with it because it's the game they have always played.

  8. #588
    Quote Originally Posted by Elias1337 View Post
    Context of your complains is pretty clear you dont have to say anything. When you say casual content you dont actual mean casual content. What you mean is getting highest possible gear rewards for casuals doing casual content. This is what people mean when they say there ia no casual content. Its pure entiltement nothing els.
    Yea, don't tell me "what I meant" just so you can come up with a fictional argument to counter it.

  9. #589
    I am Murloc! Motorman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Moving to Monaco baby :)
    Posts
    5,158
    Quote Originally Posted by WinningOne View Post
    Grinding for higher tiered gear just for the sake of having better gear is dumb. It's a hamster wheel method of game design which caters to stupid people.
    I don't know who such systems cater for but I don't understand the point of said systems in 2022. One clears the content which is indicative of their skill and they are rewarded with bigger gear which makes clearing said content easier and eventually grindable. It makes no sense game-wise. Sensible would be to give the low tier players better gear to have a realistic chance to beat the end game eventually.

    However, this is like a calling card to players who want to sell boosts. The players who lack the competence or the time to push hard content buy the boosts which will help them overcome the content. Blizzard sits in the middle selling the gold. Happy times...

    Whats even more pathetic is when (like in WoD) they made the average player gear to not only be mediocre but also UGLY and ridiculous looking so as to push them further into this boosting pattern.

    In the end, as long as making profits as easily as possible is the main development goal, the game will not receive any developer love but it will just be as you well said an equation that is presented to the players and only solvable by 1-5% while the rest must buy the solution. And thats all there is to it.

    P.S. Allowing mythic raid gear to outplay rated pvp only exaggerates the problems. It also helps sell more gold though so it is willfully overseen.

  10. #590
    Quote Originally Posted by Yriel View Post
    This definition argument is so lame.
    Hey this is a RPG! If you don't like to roleplay the genre is not for you mate.
    If you want to kill bosses in instances better play Monster Hunter instead.


    Oh wow what a novel Idea. There are quests in the game? I didn't know that.
    Ever thought that people finished all that stuff in the first month of the expansion? Yes maybe not every stupid 5th recolored version of a mount no one uses in the first place but everything people are interested in.
    This is a mmorpg and if you want to enjoy the rpg part at max potential you need to have friends and a group of people to play with. I enjoy killing bosses on mythic difficulty, casual pvp, doing open world stuff, and also played on rpg realms. If you cant find a rpg group to enjoy the roleplaying with other people its not the designer failure. Maybe you need to start making friends or maybe the community and most of people no longer enjoy the roleplaying.

    I know many mount collectors with +600 mounts and they always ride on the same mount so recoloured or freshly designed mounts are quite similar for them. Regarding quests im not talking about new zone quests, my point is about all expansions and ppl could do older quests to see the story of zones/characters. If someone has already done that im pretty sure they invested so much time in it and its an accomplishment for a game when players invest such a long time in it.

    Also it is naive and selfish to generalise our preferences and call something stupid or another thing what people are interested in. There are numerous people in this game with a variety of demands and farming a stupid 5th recoloured version of a mount might be fun for many people.

    You cant go to an asian restaurant and order a burger! you pick whatever is on the menu and if you dont like it you move to a place you can enjoy your meal.

  11. #591
    Brewmaster
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    1,458
    Quote Originally Posted by Elias1337 View Post
    Dragonflight is gameplay. Current flying isnt.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Context of your complains is pretty clear you dont have to say anything. When you say casual content you dont actual mean casual content. What you mean is getting highest possible gear rewards for casuals doing casual content. This is what people mean when they say there ia no casual content. Its pure entiltement nothing els.
    I disagree with the flying part. Editing on phone is horrible.

    Dragon riding seems more punishing than rewarding. Feel bad for missing, not good for hitting the wind streams.

    I love flying, and it is content I love. I like to look around the scenery, with my roflcopter and just enjoying what the art team has made. Not some fan made spyro shit. Those flying levels were horrid.

  12. #592
    Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    So why exactly are you playing WoW instead of any other single player RPG?
    I've always played WoW and single player RPGs. You can play more than one game, you know.

    Quote Originally Posted by azshanna View Post
    This is a mmorpg and if you want to enjoy the rpg part at max potential you need to have friends and a group of people to play with. I enjoy killing bosses on mythic difficulty, casual pvp, doing open world stuff, and also played on rpg realms. If you cant find a rpg group to enjoy the roleplaying with other people its not the designer failure. Maybe you need to start making friends or maybe the community and most of people no longer enjoy the roleplaying.
    I thought i made it clear but apparently not. Just because there is a "M" in the acronym doen't automatically mean the game is primarily supposed to be an instanced boss kill game just as the RP doesn't mean you have to roleplay 90% of the time. MMORPGs traditionally describe a whole range of games with all kinds of activities. WoW was quite casual friendly too at times. It's not right now though.

    Quote Originally Posted by azshanna View Post
    I know many mount collectors with +600 mounts and they always ride on the same mount so recoloured or freshly designed mounts are quite similar for them. Regarding quests im not talking about new zone quests, my point is about all expansions and ppl could do older quests to see the story of zones/characters. If someone has already done that im pretty sure they invested so much time in it and its an accomplishment for a game when players invest such a long time in it.
    The people demanding more casual or solo content have done all those things. Thats why they ask for more content. Is that so difficult to grasp?
    I only added that recolored line because at this point usually someone says something stupid akin to "Have you really collected every singe pet possible and done every single achievement?" and that was to prevent that.

  13. #593
    For me Ion just has to go. I could almost tell you when he took over, that is how much the game changed imo based on this one person. He is the antithesis of what I want out of a game designer.


    I would say though my opinion is from my perspective, not for the current health of the game. People like me have been neglected for so long it would be a risk at this point to just change everything.

    I look at the average WoW fan now and I can barely relate to them. Catering to the old-school mmo player would alienate all the get gud esports min/maxers, and there is no guarantee us old farts would even come back emasse no matter what they did.

  14. #594
    The moment you quote anything from Asmongold is the moment you lose any and all credibility. That... person, is a complete and utter waist of space. It and others like him are half the reason behind the toxic culture that has been fermenting within the WoW player base for years. They have driven away more players than any supposed mistakes Blizzard has made.

  15. #595
    Quote Originally Posted by mst3kfan View Post
    The moment you quote anything from Asmongold is the moment you lose any and all credibility. That... person, is a complete and utter waist of space. It and others like him are half the reason behind the toxic culture that has been fermenting within the WoW player base for years. They have driven away more players than any supposed mistakes Blizzard has made.
    What if i told you only 5% of the playerbase at most even have a clue who he is?
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    I like WillE just as much as the next guy
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    i have several gay friends at work, and i know at least 6 other gay people

  16. #596
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibiki View Post
    I'm very disappointed with whole announcement. No single world about casual and solo players.
    Imo Ion again will focus on raiders and make ppl quit fast.
    They do not need to mention anyone, they're not politicians or celebrities.
    Their actions speak for them, their words are irrelevant.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

    Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

  17. #597
    Quote Originally Posted by Yriel View Post
    I've always played WoW and single player RPGs. You can play more than one game, you know.



    I thought i made it clear but apparently not. Just because there is a "M" in the acronym doen't automatically mean the game is primarily supposed to be an instanced boss kill game just as the RP doesn't mean you have to roleplay 90% of the time. MMORPGs traditionally describe a whole range of games with all kinds of activities. WoW was quite casual friendly too at times. It's not right now though.


    The people demanding more casual or solo content have done all those things. Thats why they ask for more content. Is that so difficult to grasp?
    I only added that recolored line because at this point usually someone says something stupid akin to "Have you really collected every singe pet possible and done every single achievement?" and that was to prevent that.
    Well to be honest you are not in a position to define 10% of game should be about instanced zones and 90% about roleplaying. Also as i said it is a massive multiplayer online game. If you want to get the most of it you need to play in groups. If you cant find like minded players to roleplay or do pvp or whatever to satisfy your needs it is not about the game design. Asking for solo content is terrible and exactly what made the game less social.

    I played since 1.7 and anyone who played during old days can easily define it is more casual friendly nowadays. you have plenty of account wide and flex stuff in retail version.
    And as I said if someone have already done all those activities it means they invested so much time in the game and its a big achievement for a game to keep players for such a long time.

    People like you need to learn to consider their decisions and what they choose rather than changing everything and dictating others how to think or design. I never played games like darksouls or elden ring because i dont like them. should i criticize them about their design?

  18. #598
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Gimmick that will be forgotten, just like class order halls, mage tower, warfronts, island expeditions, covenants, and chorghast.



    So? Legion introduced new races and classes too and didn't stop it from being a raider's expansion.



    So far that just amounts to being able to post buy orders on the AH like in GW2 or EVE Online. Nothing about actually revamping the gameplay of crafting, let alone making the stuff created by it relevant.



    I'll see it when I believe it, but the post-WoD zone design of WoW is anti-exploration.



    Which look incredibly bland and claustrophobic.



    I actually liked the MoP talent system.



    Because they're not addressing the abysmal lack of casual content. You'll do the four questing zones over a weekend and then all you're left with is mythic dungeons and doing the latest raid for 9 months.
    lack of casual content = catering to the top 5%??? what kind of insane mental gymnastics is that?

  19. #599
    Quote Originally Posted by Soikona View Post
    I disagree with the flying part. Editing on phone is horrible.

    Dragon riding seems more punishing than rewarding. Feel bad for missing, not good for hitting the wind streams.

    I love flying, and it is content I love. I like to look around the scenery, with my roflcopter and just enjoying what the art team has made. Not some fan made spyro shit. Those flying levels were horrid.
    So what is the problem? They said you can use normal flying in Dragonflight too, just not at the start (which has been the case for many expansions now).

  20. #600
    Quote Originally Posted by azshanna View Post
    Well to be honest you are not in a position to define 10% of game should be about instanced zones and 90% about roleplaying. Also as i said it is a massive multiplayer online game. If you want to get the most of it you need to play in groups. If you cant find like minded players to roleplay or do pvp or whatever to satisfy your needs it is not about the game design. Asking for solo content is terrible and exactly what made the game less social.

    I played since 1.7 and anyone who played during old days can easily define it is more casual friendly nowadays. you have plenty of account wide and flex stuff in retail version.
    And as I said if someone have already done all those activities it means they invested so much time in the game and its a big achievement for a game to keep players for such a long time.

    People like you need to learn to consider their decisions and what they choose rather than changing everything and dictating others how to think or design. I never played games like darksouls or elden ring because i dont like them. should i criticize them about their design?
    It's funny that you first proclaim that i am not in a position to define what the game should be about and then continue to define what the game should be about.
    But i expected nothing less.
    Oh and i play longer than you and you are wrong about casuals but who cares. Have fun.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •