Page 32 of 43 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Neotart View Post
    Uhm it stands for "massively multiplayer online role-playing game", always has. wth
    Yeah and it just means 'Many people playing this game online'.

Any no point does it mean "You aren't meant to play this game solo". People have been able to treat MMO's as a solo experience since always.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Since Arthas used Frostmourne, which is a Runeblade, and Frostmourne's power eminates from those runes, that made him a Runemaster by default.

Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post

Any no point does it mean "You aren't meant to play this game solo". People have been able to treat MMO's as a solo experience since always.
    "treat" yeah,,, uh doesnt mean its intended to play in a such way, do people expect Blizz to make solo dungs? Solo raids? ignorant af.

Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    So very this. I mean sure I don't think they will ever give a fuck but when players like me who paid x18 years simply unsub I mean they should really see something is not going well.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes it is and kindly tell me what major achievement can one get SOLO in wow? How far can pugs go? 2k pvp and 2-3 bosses mythic? Even the high end M+ can't be done solo grouping not without major pains that are NOT worth it.
    You should literally never be able to do top end content solo. To even think so is fucking stupid and should not be taken remotely seriously.

- - - Updated - - -

No...it literally means...'play and group with others" to think the opposite is moronic.

Interestingly, before WoW grouping in MMOs was an aberration. Massively Multiplayer has always meant playing in a persistent game world that many others were also playing in. Instancing and grouping are late comers to the genre.

Grouping probably first really became a thing in Everquest.
    Last edited by VMSmith; 2022-05-14 at 11:47 PM.

"treat" yeah,,, uh doesnt mean its intended to play in a such way, do people expect Blizz to make solo dungs? Solo raids? ignorant af.
    Doesn't mean it's intended you group either, if it were called Massively Multiplayer Online Grouping Role Playing Game you'd have yourself an argument lol.

MMORPG just means there's a lot of people in the same online space as you. You're under no obligation to interact with them.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Quote Originally Posted by Utrrabbit View Post
    No...it literally means...'play and group with others" to think the opposite is moronic.
    That's always been an optional thing in MMO's, and continues to be today. No MMO is built around a mandatory group experience. Questing and exploration have always been staples of the genre, and designed to be played solo.

I don't expect them to, but I expect them to provide more content that is solo viable.

And frankly, if 9.2's open content progression and the 10.0 profession revamps are any concern, it seems like a step in the right direction.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2022-05-15 at 12:03 AM.
    Since Arthas used Frostmourne, which is a Runeblade, and Frostmourne's power eminates from those runes, that made him a Runemaster by default.

[QUOTE=Yagsdom;53766297]?

I don’t think YOU understand what mmorpg means my friend, raids and dungeons should not be the core of mmorpgs. That’s not the definition of them.

- - - Updated - - -

U must play on Moonguard.

That's always been an optional thing in MMO's, and continues to be today. No MMO is built around a mandatory group experience. Questing and exploration have always been staples of the genre, and designed to be played solo.
    Delusional take. They are most certainly are not designed to be done solo, they're designed to be done either solo or with a group. Hefty difference between the two.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    way to response after first word before waiting for me to actualy finish...

Quote Originally Posted by Yagsdom View Post
    ?

I don’t think YOU understand what mmorpg means my friend, raids and dungeons should not be the core of mmorpgs. That’s not the definition of them.
    Tell me something - what does the second "M" in MMORPG stand for?
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    I like WillE just as much as the next guy
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    i have several gay friends at work, and i know at least 6 other gay people

Quote Originally Posted by Glazey View Post
    Delusional take. They are most certainly are not designed to be done solo, they're designed to be done either solo or with a group. Hefty difference between the two.
    "Designed to be able to be played Solo"

Happy?
    Last edited by Triceron; 2022-05-15 at 12:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Tell me something - what does the second "M" in MMORPG stand for?
    Multiplayer and not instanced....

Really? You ever done a collection quest in a large group? Everyone has to wait for acorns to spawn on the ground and you practically have to do the quests individually, waiting for your turn for them to spawn again.

You can most certainly do them in a group, but I would not say they are particularly designed well for group play. They leave it to the players to decide how to progress with the content they have.

The things that work effectively in groups are the kill quests, which I admit end up comprising a majority of quests in the game.
    See, you're contradicting yourself in this single post.

What is efficient isn't factored into quest design, at all. Your statement of "Quests and Exploration are designed to be done solo" is false and you've just said it so yourself.

See, you're contradicting yourself in this single post.

What is efficient isn't factored into quest design, at all. Your statement of "Quests and Exploration are designed to be done solo" is false and you've just said it so yourself.

Happy?

Happy?
    Salty over getting called out?

Salty over getting called out?
    I don't think it's worth having arguments with people who are anally retentive over semantics. Easier to just update my statement.

Uhm it stands for "massively multiplayer online role-playing game", always has. wth
    And yeah u would lose that bet.
    There nothing, nada, zero, in the word multiplayer that defines how people interact with each other or if they must interact at all. It's just a big game with people sharing a world online. How they go about that is something entirely different.
    "Given the opportunity, players will optimize the fun out of a game" — Soren Johnson (Civilization III/IV designer)

Warchief
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibiki View Post
    I'm very disappointed with whole announcement. No single world about casual and solo players.
    Imo Ion again will focus on raiders and make ppl quit fast.
    What more do you want them to hand to you? This last expac has been more solo friendly than ANYTHING IN THIS GAME HAS EVER BEEN. Yet you still fucking cry and whine and want more?

This is why Bliz shouldn't a shit about what people say. They meet their demands at every step, give them what they want, then they just stick their grubby little hands out further begging for even more scraps claiming they deserve more.

People like you are what's wrong with gaming communities. People like you ruin it for everyone else because no matter what concessions you get NOTHING will ever be fucking good enough because your a spoiled rotten little prick. Same goes for anyone that agrees with this swill.
    Last edited by RAWRF; 2022-05-15 at 04:00 AM.

Scarab Lord
    Catering to FOMO-players will leave you with FOMO-players!
    Am I doing this right?
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

I don't think it's worth having arguments with people who are anally retentive over semantics. Easier to just update my statement.
    bruh that's not semantics, your statement wasn't the same as what's factual.

semantics would be like saying "Quests and Exploration are designed for multiple people to experience together" "Quests and Exploration are intended as a multiplayer experience"
    Last edited by Glazey; 2022-05-15 at 02:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibiki View Post
    I'm very disappointed with whole announcement. No single world about casual and solo players.
    Imo Ion again will focus on raiders and make ppl quit fast.
    You are literally trash in the game so go Get chemo and dont play more please