Poll: What do you think?

Page 33 of 58 FirstFirst ...
23
31
32
33
34
35
43
... LastLast
  1. #641
    The Unstoppable Force Teriz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Dragon Isles
    Posts
    23,463
    Quote Originally Posted by Magical Mudcrab View Post
    What are you talking about? They're a large visual obstruction? If you had ever actually played a larger race like a Tauren, you would realize that's a silly argument to make. People aren't playing zoomed in to the screen, and typically play at larger camera distances. It's soo weird that you're saying people are arguing from a position of ignorance when it's clear that you have no idea what it's like to play a larger race.
    You’re not accounting for their wings, which are very large and open and close constantly during ability animation;




    Imagine something larger than a Tauren with massive wings on either side, and a long tail.



    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Plus they are ranged. Maybe it'd be an issue if they were melee (not even an issue if they were tanks) but this is a midrange class. Are people playing in first person?
    Yes, which means that players who can fight at even farther ranges like Hunters and mages, will be behind them.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by bruxx View Post
    Also, there's just no evidence to them being as tall as Teriz claims. Gnomes and Dwarves are exactly the same size in character creation, so it is absolutely not a reliable way to compare racial sizes. (Also, remember that the Zandalari got their height modified during alpha/beta, the same can happen again)



    Also in the thread we did more than compare it in the character select screen.

    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...-Dracthyr-size

    They’re going to be very tall.
    Last edited by Teriz; 2022-05-10 at 09:40 AM.

  2. #642
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    You’re not accounting for their wings, which are very large and open and close constantly during ability animation;




    Imagine something larger than a Tauren with massive wings on either side, and a long tail.



    - - - Updated - - -



    Yes, which means that players who can fight at even farther ranges like Hunters and mages, will be behind them.

    - - - Updated - - -






    Also in the thread we did more than compare it in the character select screen.

    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...-Dracthyr-size

    They’re going to be very tall.
    It wouldn't be a problem if they were wider.

  3. #643
    The Unstoppable Force Teriz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Dragon Isles
    Posts
    23,463
    Quote Originally Posted by Au-burn View Post
    It wouldn't be a problem if they were wider.
    Yes it would. The wider you make the body, the larger the wings become via proportion.

  4. #644
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Yes it would. The wider you make the body, the larger the wings become via proportion.
    Nope. The wings can be as big as Blizzard want them to be. Even bigger proprortionate wings wouldn't be a problem gameplay wise.

  5. #645
    The Unstoppable Force Teriz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Dragon Isles
    Posts
    23,463
    Quote Originally Posted by Au-burn View Post
    Nope. The wings can be as big as Blizzard want them to be.
    So you think Blizzard is going to create a huge, thick Dracthyr with tiny, baby wings?

    Even bigger proprortionate wings wouldn't be a problem gameplay wise.


    You have to take other players into account. Especially players who are playing smaller races, and your fellow players in group play when you’re navigating smaller rooms, doorways and corridors. Something like that above can completely block your view.

  6. #646
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    So you think Blizzard is going to create a huge, thick Dracthyr with tiny, baby wings?





    You have to take other players into account. Especially players who are playing smaller races, and your fellow players in group play when you’re navigating smaller rooms, doorways and corridors. Something like that above can completely block your view.
    Their wings are already small for their bodies so that's hardly a problem.

    So can Tauren block view. Blizzard can add transparency options. If needed it would be better than to make them shorter and wider than tall but narrow.

  7. #647
    Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    6,611
    There´s really nothing to fix, because we have not seen how they will look/move.

    We know very little of the final product.

    Also, Blizzard heard the outcry, so you can expect them to be fairly different once the beta comes lives, and maybe at its later stage. (Yes, tehy do listen, to be fair, they didnt before, but since shit went down they started actually listening and acting on people´s feedback)

  8. #648
    Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    There´s really nothing to fix, because we have not seen how they will look/move.

    We know very little of the final product.

    Also, Blizzard heard the outcry, so you can expect them to be fairly different once the beta comes lives, and maybe at its later stage. (Yes, tehy do listen, to be fair, they didnt before, but since shit went down they started actually listening and acting on people´s feedback)
    Better to show them what pepople want now than wait and wake up in soy shit. These edits display direction people want to see them pursue.

  9. #649
    Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    There´s really nothing to fix, because we have not seen how they will look/move.

    We know very little of the final product.

    Also, Blizzard heard the outcry, so you can expect them to be fairly different once the beta comes lives, and maybe at its later stage. (Yes, tehy do listen, to be fair, they didnt before, but since shit went down they started actually listening and acting on people´s feedback)
    I mean, Worgen females walking backwards in Running Wild looked straight out of Silent Hill for years until the remodel. And I don't think we have upright Forsaken yet, do we?



    Also damn that bulky draconic draenei someone posted is far worse than the current model. Needs a waist.

  10. #650
    The Unstoppable Force Teriz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Dragon Isles
    Posts
    23,463
    Quote Originally Posted by Au-burn View Post
    Their wings are already small for their bodies so that's hardly a problem.
    Uh what?


    [/QUOTE]

    So can Tauren block view.
    Indeed they do. However, in addition to that, Tauren don’t have massive wings on either side of their body that open and close, a long tail behind them, nor do they fly around in combat. Now multiply that since a lot of people will be playing this race, and hence you have a problem.

    Look, you can make all the excuses you want, but something that size is more than likely not going to happen. I’m merely pointing this out to show individuals like you why the Dracthyr are probably going to stay on the slender side.

  11. #651
    I still have to ask, do you people really play in first person view while raiding and expect to see shit???

  12. #652
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Uh what?






    Indeed they do. However, in addition to that, Tauren don’t have massive wings on either side of their body that open and close, a long tail behind them, nor do they fly around in combat. Now multiply that since a lot of people will be playing this race, and hence you have a problem.

    Look, you can make all the excuses you want, but something that size is more than likely not going to happen. I’m merely pointing this out to show individuals like you why the Dracthyr are probably going to stay on the slender side.
    Those are very small wings for a creature that is supposed to fly.

    Wings aren't massive enough to change much. Flying in combat once every blue moon won't be a problem. These are non issues that Blizzard can change in myriad of ways. Like I said if necessary they should make them shorter.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I still have to ask, do you people really play in first person view while raiding and expect to see shit???
    No but it's an excuse and it is all about excuses.

  13. #653
    The Unstoppable Force Teriz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Dragon Isles
    Posts
    23,463
    Quote Originally Posted by Au-burn View Post
    Those are very small wings for a creature that is supposed to fly.


    You literally don't know what you're talking about.

    Wings aren't massive enough to change much. Flying in combat once every blue moon won't be a problem. These are non issues that Blizzard can change in myriad of ways. Like I said if necessary they should make them shorter.
    They're going to be flying in combat constantly. Not only do they have the ability "Soar", they also have that Onyxia/Deathwing style ability that allows them to fly over the field and raze it with flames. And that's just the two we know of. They also have abilities like this;



    Where they leap and open their wings.

    Your suggestion that a solution to that would be making the dracthyr transparent is ridiculous. What are they going to do? Make the Dracthyr transparent at 20yds so that Hunters and Mages can see past them? You might as well make the Dracthyr invisible.

    The solution is to make them slender so that they're not as bad a visual obstruction for other players.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I still have to ask, do you people really play in first person view while raiding and expect to see shit???
    No, but in raids and dungeons, people fight in third person.
    Last edited by Teriz; 2022-05-10 at 10:40 AM.

  14. #654
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    They're going to be flying in combat constantly. Not only do they have the ability "Soar", they also have that Onyxia/Deathwing style ability that allows them to fly over the field and raze it with flames. And that's just the two we know of. They also have abilities like this;



    Where they leap and open their wings.

    Your suggestion that a solution to that would be making the dracthyr transparent is ridiculous. What are they going to do? Make the Dracthyr transparent at 20yds so that Hunters and Mages can see past them? You might as well make the Dracthyr invisible.
    Where do you get info they are going to be flying constantly? That Onyxia/Deathwing is the only flying ability I know of. Those little jumps aren't a problem.

    They can for example make only their wings transparent but I don't think any of that is needed. This isn't FP game, it isn't supposed to be played like that. Zoom out.

  15. #655
    The Unstoppable Force Teriz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Dragon Isles
    Posts
    23,463
    Quote Originally Posted by Au-burn View Post
    Where do you get info they are going to be flying constantly? That Onyxia/Deathwing is the only flying ability I know of. Those little jumps aren't a problem.
    You missed the Brian Holinka interview. He mentioned this ability;

    Soar is the ability that lets you hover in the air for a duration while casting abilities on the move.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6p7_...ture=emb_title

    And he stated that it is a major part of the Dracthyr's ability set. Pretty much a defining feature of the class.

    They can for example make only their wings transparent but I don't think any of that is needed. This isn't FP game, it isn't supposed to be played like that. Zoom out.
    Again, players often play in third person view. In third-person view a huge tauren-sized creature with gigantic flapping wings in front of you is going to be visual obstruction. In some areas, big zoom-outs aren't possible, like in corridors, tunnels, some doorways, and smaller rooms.

  16. #656
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Again, players often play in third person view. In third-person view a huge tauren-sized creature with gigantic flapping wings in front of you is going to be visual obstruction.
    Do you understand what third person view is? I could see it being an obstruction in first persion view (but this is not an ARPG so who plays that) but in Third person view, you can always zoom out a tiny bit. I guess it's a problem for people with tiny screens?

  17. #657
    The Unstoppable Force Teriz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Dragon Isles
    Posts
    23,463
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Do you understand what third person view is?
    Do you? Do you also understand that in some dungeons and raids you're in a literal tunnel and can only zoom out to a certain point before the camera stops?

  18. #658
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Do you? Do you also understand that in some dungeons you're in a literal tunnel and can only zoom out to a certain point before the camera stops?
    As a tank I make every effort not to fight in those spaces and pull back or forward as needed exactly so everyone (most importantly myself) gets an unobstructed field of view. The few times the game forces combat in narrow spaces it would either be in a dungeon (and the ranged can hang back in the entrance) or if it is in the raid it's almost always a situation where the raid is split and only a few people are in the crowded space. This is an issue that exists regardless of a single race

  19. #659
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    You missed the Brian Holinka interview. He mentioned this ability;



    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6p7_...ture=emb_title

    And he stated that it is a major part of the Dracthyr's ability set. Pretty much a defining feature of the class.



    Again, players often play in third person view. In third-person view a huge tauren-sized creature with gigantic flapping wings in front of you is going to be visual obstruction. In some areas, big zoom-outs aren't possible, like in corridors, tunnels, some doorways, and smaller rooms.
    Hovering is not flying.

    Do they? They should learn to zoom out then. Those places are rare enough to ignore in terms of designing race.

  20. #660
    Can't trust any "fix" from someone who can't even spell the race properly.
    If I don't respond to something you tagged me in, assume one of two things.
    1) Your post was too stupid to acknowledge, or
    2) Your post is cringe and not worth replying to.

    Alternatively, if it happens a lot I probably have you blocked due to one of the above things. Thank you.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •