Poll: What do you think?

Page 36 of 58 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    Half like, half don't, its a big community, you prob can already find disturbing things in the internet.

More likely, just like their lore, they try to do something "wacky, new and unique" and we get crap, but what matter is that they liked, we just don't get/appreciate it, have bad taste.

- - - Updated - - -

So you just wanted to say "how its slightly bigger", as much detones to a great amount or a great quantity of X thing.
    Yes that’s exactly what I was asking for if you actually read the context of that conversation it was completely centered around us finding the “slight” buffness difference between the dragons…. Like why am I even having to explain this, you clearly had a brain fart and now you’re pushing your ignorance onto someone else lol.

The guy gave me a picture showing a slight difference in size… I gave him a picture of the same dragon showing a slight difference in size…. Proving that the slight difference in size is coming from breathing. Period.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Royru View Post
    But you do understand that saying “check out how much bigger” something is, is not even remotely close to saying “this is much bigger” right?
    Saying "check out how much bigger X is" does infact imply you think "X is much bigger".

Yes it shows idle animations, of different dragons. And you know what it shows? They all have the same body types. Kinda weirdddddd huh? And during those animations you see them get bigger and smaller depending on the breaths. I already have shown you this with the purple breathing animation showing his shoulders getting bigger.

You keep talking in circles in hopes to be right about SOMETHING but you are just continuing to be incorrect in everything lol.
    It shows that white one has more feminine body. In no moment their chests and waists become as small as white dragon's. You haven't even showed his shoulders but traps during back straightening animation.

So far I'm right about everything and yes I often return to point A to demonstrate how ridiculous is the idea that they suck in their chests and stomachs during breathing. Those are two slightly different body types.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    But clicking on player models makes healing easier, especially when just learning how to play. Additionally, clicking on specific enemies is important for ranged, because sometimes they have to target specific mobs, and not go willy-nilly with tab-targeting. The point is, a huge, beefy model with massive wings and tails would cause a litany of issues with those players.

- - - Updated - - -

Are you agreeing or disagreeing that wider body = larger wingspan/wings?
    No? Nameplates make it easier. No more issues than full Tauren party.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghanir View Post
    Saying "check out how much bigger X is" does infact imply you think "X is much bigger".
    No that’s not how English works at all.

I’m asking you to observe the difference. It’s the same thing as saying “check out the difference in size”

If I ask you “hey ghanir can you check at how much bigger toads are than frogs?”

I’m not implying that the difference is substantial. I’m asking you to make an observation, and that observation is in size. “How much bigger”.

I feel like we need to have a thread here for forum posters to learn some grammar.

3+ Year Old Account
    No that’s not how English works at all.

I’m asking you to observe the difference. It’s the same thing as saying “check out the difference in size”

If I ask you “hey ghanir can you check at how much bigger toads are than frogs?”

I’m not implying that the difference is substantial. I’m asking you to make an observation, and that observation is in size. “How much bigger”.

I feel like we need to have a thread here for forum posters to learn some grammar.
    You did in fact tell him to make an observation about something you found out, you asking him to observe your own observation by asking him: "check how much bigger X is". This does indeed imply that you think "x is bigger" and you want him to observe it through your observation.

You did in fact tell him to make an observation about something you found out, you asking him to observe your own observation by asking him: "check how much bigger X is". This does indeed imply that you think "x is bigger" and you want him to observe it through your observation.
    Am I seriously in a kindergarten class right now? This is not how those collection of words work dude lol. Yes I’m telling him to make the observation I already found out and I’m specifically asking him to focus on the amount of size difference. It by no means implies that it’s substantial.

I can say “see how much more gas prices are from one place to another” and I’m asking you to make the observation of the difference in amount/size. Nowhere in that sentence does it imply one is MUCH bigger than the other.

I work very closely with teachers, and I have been in classrooms with K-4 students recently, and I am seriously dumbfounded that I’m sitting here having to explain something like this to an adult when they would understand this concept instantly.
    Last edited by Royru; 2022-05-10 at 04:49 PM.

3+ Year Old Account
    Am I seriously in a kindergarten class right now? This is not how those collection of words work dude lol. Yes I’m telling him to make the observation I already found out and I’m specifically asking him to focus on the amount of size difference. It by no means implies that it’s substantial.

I can say “see how much more gas prices are from one place to another” and I’m asking you to make the observation of the difference in amount/size. Nowhere in that sentence does it imply one is MUCH bigger than the other.

I work very closely with teachers, and I have been in classrooms with K-4 students recently, and I am seriously dumbfounded that I’m sitting here having to explain something like this to an adult when they would understand this concept instantly.
    Okay?

Asking someone "check out how much bigger X is" does still imply that you think "X is bigger" in some capacity.

Okay?

Asking someone "check out how much bigger X is" does still imply that you think "X is bigger" in some capacity.
    No it doesn’t in any capacity. Once again, this is not how the English language works. This content is taught in elementary schools world wide. The only way it would be implied is if I was speaking and put heavy emphasis on ‘much’ or ‘bigger’ but I didn’t do either or those.

I seriously think when it comes to discussions over grammar you should probably just sit out on them. It’s clearly not a strong area for you if you still aren’t getting it.

Again, Gnomes don't reach the hips of night elves, this methodology to determine their size is inherently flawed.

3+ Year Old Account
    No it doesn’t in any capacity. Once again, this is not how the English language works. This content is taught in elementary schools world wide. The only way it would be implied is if I was speaking and put heavy emphasis on ‘much’ or ‘bigger’ but I didn’t do either or those.

I seriously think when it comes to discussions over grammar you should probably just sit out on them. It’s clearly not a strong area for you if you still aren’t getting it.
    Okay?

Asking someone "check out how much bigger X is" does still imply that you think "X is bigger" in some capacity. You are merely looking for confirmation from someone else about it.

Okay?

Asking someone "check out how much bigger X is" does still imply that you think "X is bigger" in some capacity. You are merely looking for confirmation from someone else about it.
    I don’t think I need confirmation from anyone about how 3rd grade grammar works my friend. It’s astonishing that you’re still debating this elementary level grammar when you’re clearly wrong.

It only makes all of your other points on different subjects meaningless if you can’t even come to this conclusion.

3+ Year Old Account
    I don’t think I need confirmation from anyone about how 3rd grade grammar works my friend. It’s astonishing that you’re still debating this elementary level grammar when you’re clearly wrong.

It only makes all of your other points on different subjects meaningless if you can’t even come to this conclusion.
    I didn't know attacking others over opinions is acceptable on these forums.

10+ Year Old Account
    Imagine something larger than a Tauren with massive wings on either side, and a long tail.
    Easy. Look at male Nathrezim model. They have way better proportions.

I didn't know attacking others over opinions is acceptable on these forums.
    Someone explaining how you are wrong isn’t an attack

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean, if we are already at the point where we are okay with Blizz reusing old animations, then please, just use these two for Dracthyr variants.
    Female Nathrezim for more slender version: https://www.wowhead.com/npc=181797/d...er#modelviewer
    Male Nathrezim for more bulky version: https://www.wowhead.com/npc=182426/n...st#modelviewer

Male version has much better proportions. They are bulky, but not too big.

3+ Year Old Account
    Someone explaining how you are wrong isn’t an attack
    I understand that it can be hard to see that seeing as I am referring to you, but if someone would take their time to go and read your replies it's easy to assume otherwise.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bruxx View Post
    Again, Gnomes don't reach the hips of night elves, this methodology to determine their size is inherently flawed.
    We used more than just the select screen. For example, the Djardin;

Are half giants like Vrykul, which indicates that they are as tall as Vrykul. Based on that screenshot, the Dracthyr is at least at the waist of the Djardin. Here's how standard races measure up to a Vrykul;

Quote Originally Posted by Supertoster View Post
    I mean, if we are already at the point where we are okay with Blizz reusing old animations, then please, just use these two for Dracthyr variants.
    Female Nathrezim for more slender version: https://www.wowhead.com/npc=181797/d...er#modelviewer
    Male Nathrezim for more bulky version: https://www.wowhead.com/npc=182426/n...st#modelviewer

Male version has much better proportions. They are bulky, but not too big.
    *Scratches head*

No, we have enough Muscular characters as is #leavedracthyralone!

I understand that it can be hard to see that seeing as I am referring to you, but if someone would take their time to go and read your replies it's easy to assume otherwise.
    If they read my replies they would probably just get frustrated at how I’m being forced to walkthrough an elementary level grammar lesson. But that’s just my opinion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyrexia View Post
    *Scratches head*

No, we have enough Muscular characters as is #leavedracthyralone!
    Who are "we"? There are a lot of people who would like to have a way more bulky option. There is a huge demand for it.
    If you like current version - it is okay. But other people want a VERSION, an OPTION to please their taste too.

P.S. Fun fact: there are more slender playable models than muscular ones.