Poll: What do you think?

Page 37 of 51 FirstFirst ...
27
35
36
37
38
39
47
... LastLast
  1. #721
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghanir View Post
    I understand that it can be hard to see that seeing as I am referring to you, but if someone would take their time to go and read your replies it's easy to assume otherwise.
    If they read my replies they would probably just get frustrated at how I’m being forced to walkthrough an elementary level grammar lesson. But that’s just my opinion.

  2. #722
    The Patient Supertoster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Cringe Valley
    Posts
    285
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyrexia View Post
    *Scratches head*

    No, we have enough Muscular characters as is #leavedracthyralone!
    Who are "we"? There are a lot of people who would like to have a way more bulky option. There is a huge demand for it.
    If you like current version - it is okay. But other people want a VERSION, an OPTION to please their taste too.

    P.S. Fun fact: there are more slender playable models than muscular ones.

  3. #723
    Quote Originally Posted by Au-burn View Post
    They look like soyshitfuckery and don't convey dragon race very well. It is bad. Worse than bad. It's like a kidney stone stuck in cock so piss comes out of ears.
    Again,that is your opinion as it is about taste. Some people like them some people dont. It doesn't make them bad it just means people have different tastes. And how are you supposed to portray a dragon since they are not real theres no standard to judge them against, even within the Warcraft universe dragons have changed and since Dracthyr are a whole new race they don't have to be carbon copies of current dragons.

  4. #724
    The Patient Supertoster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Cringe Valley
    Posts
    285
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormxraven View Post
    It doesn't make them bad it just means people have different tastes.
    It doesn't make them bad in vacuum, but it makes them bad as a feature.
    Drathyr Evoker is a huge selling point of expansion, it is both and new race and a new class and they cannot be separated. The another selling point is dragonriding. Everything else is not huge enough to be considered as full-fledged feature.
    Selling points should appeal to as many players as possible, is is a basic common sense. And this is why Dracthyrs are bad as a feature - they appeal to a very specific audience with very specific taste. It is okay by itself, but not okay for a major selling point of expansion.

  5. #725
    Quote Originally Posted by Supertoster View Post
    It doesn't make them bad in vacuum, but it makes them bad as a feature.
    Drathyr Evoker is a huge selling point of expansion, it is both and new race and a new class and they cannot be separated. The another selling point is dragonriding. Everything else is not huge enough to be considered as full-fledged feature.
    Selling points should appeal to as many players as possible, is is a basic common sense. And this is why Dracthyrs are bad as a feature - they appeal to a very specific audience with very specific taste. It is okay by itself, but not okay for a major selling point of expansion.
    You are very wrong, the theme of the expansion pack is the biggest selling point, I have never touched any of the other hero classes because I don't play melee/tank/healer and none of the new classes have ever interested me but the theme was always the main selling point.

    Don't think what you are saying is the fact because again it's an opinion and different for everyone! THAT's a FACT!

  6. #726
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyrexia View Post
    Don't think what you are saying is the fact because again it's an opinion and different for everyone! THAT's a FACT!
    Ah, but you see, when they don't like something, then their opinion reflects the vast majority of players, and anyone who disagrees with them is just part of a very specific audience with very "specific" tastes.

    From what I've seen, the reaction seems mixed at worst. Some like them, some don't, and most don't seem to really care at all whether the dragon-people are buff or sleek.

  7. #727
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutineer View Post
    Ah, but you see, when they don't like something, then their opinion reflects the vast majority of players, and anyone who disagrees with them is just part of a very specific audience with very "specific" tastes.

    From what I've seen, the reaction seems mixed at worst. Some like them, some don't, and most don't seem to really care at all whether the dragon-people are buff or sleek.
    Yeah I see that, these people seem to think they talk for the vast majority of the playerbase, but silence from players usually means they either like it or don't care enough to cause a fuss.

  8. #728
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyrexia View Post
    You are very wrong, the theme of the expansion pack is the biggest selling point, I have never touched any of the other hero classes because I don't play melee/tank/healer and none of the new classes have ever interested me but the theme was always the main selling point.

    Don't think what you are saying is the fact because again it's an opinion and different for everyone! THAT's a FACT!
    The theme doesnt matter at all really, players are going to buy it regardless, the main selling point of the game is many players just dont want to quit and lose all the work they have put into the game.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

  9. #729
    High Overlord Ghanir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Location
    Shrubbery
    Posts
    189
    Quote Originally Posted by Royru View Post
    If they read my replies they would probably just get frustrated at how I’m being forced to walkthrough an elementary level grammar lesson. But that’s just my opinion.
    Your opinion is also false cause I nevere requested nor forced anything upon you.

    - - - Updated - - -

    It's also very interesting how more than just I are requesting more options for the Dracthyr, to be able to be more buff if we want to, but Dracthyr defenders here always take it as a personal insult as if having more options would absolutely kill the class/race altogether.

    Why can't we all just get along in our indifference and agree that more options = good?

    Also if there are so many that are dissatisfied with the Dracthyr race in some what, like Supertoster is claiming, or the message is very mixed like Mutineer is claiming, shouldn't Blizz try to cater more towards pleasing both sides to some extent seeing as this is an expansion-defining feature.
    They don't have to lean towards one side or the other if they just add more options.
    Last edited by Ghanir; 2022-05-10 at 09:49 PM.

  10. #730
    Pit Lord Magical Mudcrab's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    All across Nirn.
    Posts
    2,419
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    You’re not accounting for their wings, which are very large and open and close constantly during ability animation;




    Imagine something larger than a Tauren with massive wings on either side, and a long tail.

    Mount the Antoran Charhound, or some other large (esp. wide/tall) mount, and set your camera distance to what you would typically use for play. Does this meaningfully obstruct the screen? When I get on my Antoran Charhound, I have a mount that's appreciably larger than any race and has additional effects on it but still does not block visibility in a way that makes game interaction difficult. This argument that somehow making the Dracthyr slightly more bulky would be such a massive obstruction to impede gameplay is a non starter. The only way that mild modifications to how thick they are would "make" them a visual obstruction is if they were already so big that they were a visual obstruction; if they're already taking up some arbitrarily large part of the screen, the problem wouldn't be making them bulky it would be that they are already arbitrarily large (i.e.: they would be an obstruction regardless).
    Sylvanas didn't even win the popular vote, she was elected by an indirect election of representatives. #NotMyWarchief

  11. #731
    You fix dracthyr by letting them wear armor and transmog gear. No race will ever look amazing when they are running around in their birthday suits full time. The barber shop "armor" looks like a hospital gown too. Not a good look at all. First diaper gnomes and now sickly dying patients? That is not how you sell a new race.

    "Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society." -Mark Twain

  12. #732
    The Unstoppable Force Teriz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Dragon Isles
    Posts
    23,152
    Quote Originally Posted by Magical Mudcrab View Post
    Mount the Antoran Charhound, or some other large (esp. wide/tall) mount, and set your camera distance to what you would typically use for play. Does this meaningfully obstruct the screen? When I get on my Antoran Charhound, I have a mount that's appreciably larger than any race and has additional effects on it but still does not block visibility in a way that makes game interaction difficult. This argument that somehow making the Dracthyr slightly more bulky would be such a massive obstruction to impede gameplay is a non starter. The only way that mild modifications to how thick they are would "make" them a visual obstruction is if they were already so big that they were a visual obstruction; if they're already taking up some arbitrarily large part of the screen, the problem wouldn't be making them bulky it would be that they are already arbitrarily large (i.e.: they would be an obstruction regardless).
    You can summon mounts indoors? Since when?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by FossilFree View Post
    You fix dracthyr by letting them wear armor and transmog gear. No race will ever look amazing when they are running around in their birthday suits full time. The barber shop "armor" looks like a hospital gown too. Not a good look at all. First diaper gnomes and now sickly dying patients? That is not how you sell a new race.

    "Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society." -Mark Twain


    Looks amazing.

  13. #733
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post


    Looks amazing.
    The dracthyr does, the armor not so much. But it is subjective.



    Now this looks amazing imo!

  14. #734
    High Overlord Ghanir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Location
    Shrubbery
    Posts
    189
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Looks amazing.
    I know we have a very limited sample size to base things off of but in this specific instance I must disagree

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by FossilFree View Post
    The dracthyr does, the armor not so much. But it is subjective.



    Now this looks amazing imo!
    It looks very much like the warrior tier set from Dragon Soul in Cataclysm. The potential is there.

  15. #735
    Pit Lord Magical Mudcrab's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    All across Nirn.
    Posts
    2,419
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    You can summon mounts indoors? Since when?
    Are you being obtuse for the sole purpose of being obtuse? Who said inside? Also, why would you even try to focus on inside when you brought up the Dracthyr flying animation as an example of them being visual obstructions? The point is that you can already have a model which is a larger size than a Tauren and still maintain visual clarity of the environment. Is your intent to try and dishonestly say that making them bulky would make populated places more visually obstructed than they already are, or even that making them slightly more bulky would exacerbate a problem like that? If so, places like Moonguard's Goldshire Inn would like to have a word with you, given there's little-to-no visual clarity there and is populated primarily by human-sized characters. The problem is never going to be individual characters obstructing everyone's view (outside of exploits using toys; griefers gonna grief), but massive populations of characters in concentrated areas. Even if I humored you and went down that rabbit hole, you still have not, at any time, shown how making the models slightly more bulky would make visual clarity any worse.
    Sylvanas didn't even win the popular vote, she was elected by an indirect election of representatives. #NotMyWarchief

  16. #736
    Not a fan of the apron-tabard thing personally, particularly from the naked back it looks like the intro to a bad porno.

    It's fine to leave it there, but it shouldn't be what our customization amounts to, I'd rather wear armor

  17. #737
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghanir View Post
    Your opinion is also false cause I nevere requested nor forced anything upon you.

    - - - Updated - - -

    It's also very interesting how more than just I are requesting more options for the Dracthyr, to be able to be more buff if we want to, but Dracthyr defenders here always take it as a personal insult as if having more options would absolutely kill the class/race altogether.

    Why can't we all just get along in our indifference and agree that more options = good?

    Also if there are so many that are dissatisfied with the Dracthyr race in some what, like Supertoster is claiming, or the message is very mixed like Mutineer is claiming, shouldn't Blizz try to cater more towards pleasing both sides to some extent seeing as this is an expansion-defining feature.
    They don't have to lean towards one side or the other if they just add more options.
    I would like more options too. I’m telling these people that we haven’t seen their “more buff” options yet and that’s what we were discussing. I’m only calling out blatant stupidity, I’m on the “more options” side. But if you say something that is objectively dumb I’m going to bring it up and call it out.

  18. #738
    High Overlord Ghanir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Location
    Shrubbery
    Posts
    189
    Quote Originally Posted by Royru View Post
    I would like more options too. I’m telling these people that we haven’t seen their “more buff” options yet and that’s what we were discussing. I’m only calling out blatant stupidity, I’m on the “more options” side. But if you say something that is objectively dumb I’m going to bring it up and call it out.
    "check out how much bigger X is" does still imply that you think "X is bigger" may seem dumb to you, but that doesn't excuse you insulting me nor is it objectively dumb. Claiming something is "objectively dumb" is in fact dumb.

  19. #739
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghanir View Post
    "check out how much bigger X is" does still imply that you think "X is bigger" may seem dumb to you, but that doesn't excuse you insulting me nor is it objectively dumb. Claiming something is "objectively dumb" is in fact dumb.
    Let me just be very clear here once again.

    It is objectively wrong.

    And you learn this is elementary school.

    If you as an adult don’t know this yet, then you can call it whatever you would like.

  20. #740
    High Overlord Ghanir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Location
    Shrubbery
    Posts
    189
    Quote Originally Posted by Royru View Post
    Let me just be very clear here once again.

    It is objectively wrong.

    And you learn this is elementary school.

    If you as an adult don’t know this yet, then you can call it whatever you would like.
    There you go again. Do you realize how arrogant you come off as when you say stuff like this? You haven't even used anything to back up these claims you've been making for the past few pages.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •