Poll: What do you think?

Page 44 of 58 FirstFirst ...
34
42
43
44
45
46
54
... LastLast
  1. #861
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Not when it comes to classes. The Evoker for example is heavily based on established dragon lore.
    Fair enough!

  2. #862
    The Patient Supertoster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Cringe Valley
    Posts
    286
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Except the Dracthyr are the way they are because of the Evoker, and vice versa.
    So what? A lot of people still dislike them. They don't care about reasoning behind design if they dislike design itself. If design seems bad - the reasoning behind it is also bad.
    People don't care about excuses. It is not their problem.

  3. #863
    Bloodsail Admiral Nightshade711's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2022
    Location
    Argus
    Posts
    1,103
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Except the Dracthyr are the way they are because of the Evoker, and vice versa.
    It is still very valid to not like the race but love the class.

    I like the class a lot from what we’ve seen mechanically speaking. I see myself actually maining it because it at least seems to solve some of the issues I have with playing casters.

    It’s the race I don’t like. Though that could easily be hidden through using some appearance changing toy or if blizzard ends up working out letting the class fight in visage form like Ion discussed.
    The class itself wouldn’t change at all if I used some appearance changing toy or fought in visage form.

    Though animations would be weird for the toys, and fighting in visage form would probably temporarily swap your forms for the specific abilities needing use of wings. (Sort of like DH eye beam/fel devastation/infernal leap)

  4. #864
    The Unstoppable Force Teriz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Dragon Isles
    Posts
    23,541
    Quote Originally Posted by Supertoster View Post
    So what? A lot of people still dislike them. They don't care about reasoning behind design if they dislike design itself. If design seems bad - the reasoning behind it is also bad.
    People don't care about excuses. It is not their problem.
    Yes, and you're allowed to dislike them. My point is that the people who voted "yes" in that "do you like the Dracthyr Evoker" poll like both the race and the class, since they are one in the same.
    Last edited by Teriz; 2022-05-14 at 02:27 AM.

  5. #865
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Given the sheer amount of dragon-based abilities in the class, that would be senseless. You would be in a constant state of transformation, and be pretty much a dragon/partial dragon the entire time. Again, no basis in lore for such a class with those abilities.

    It makes more sense to allow the player to racially be a dragon and have a class based on draconic attributes and on the aspects, which is what they did.
    Yeah it would work then and make class unique. Basis in lore is nebulous and ultimately irrelevant.

    Okey but where are dragons, so far I've seen only Soythyr.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Not when it comes to classes. The Evoker for example is heavily based on established dragon lore.
    Human sprouting draconic limbs too could be heavily based on established dragon lore.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Yes, and you're allowed to dislike them. My point is that the people who voted "yes" in that "do you like the Dracthyr Evoker" poll like both the race and the class, since they are one in the same.
    That's not true.

  6. #866
    The Unstoppable Force Teriz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Dragon Isles
    Posts
    23,541
    Quote Originally Posted by Au-burn View Post
    Yeah it would work then and make class unique. Basis in lore is nebulous and ultimately irrelevant.
    Basis in lore is a requirement for WoW classes.

    Okey but where are dragons, so far I've seen only Soythyr.
    Right in front of you:

    Q: Are Dracthyr actual Dragons?

    A: Yes.

    “We knew with a Dragon themed expansion, we wanted to let you play a Dragon. Not a big Dragon like Alextrasza, but a Draconic Humanoid.” - “They have unique abilities as literally a Dragon”

    They are not lesser races with simply draconic features nor are they simply dragon-kin. I can’t imagine anyone who has any kinship, likeness or anything merely ‘akin’ to Dragons translating into the innate biological capability of having the power of all 5 Dragonflights.

    Something capable of doing that at that point is just called a Dragon.

    “Graham: Even though it’s not a giant screen-filling dragon, it’s all about delivering on the fantasy of being a dragon whilst fighting.”

    Jeremy Feasel: “In this particular case, we really wanted to do ‘You can play as a Dragon’. So what is the player version of that? (Where you can play in raids without obstructing everyone’s view with a giant Dragon Form like Alexstrasza)”
    Sources:
    1. https://youtu.be/iQkwYB5B3Es?t=242.

    2. https://youtu.be/BryeVIBX1jM?t=13

    3. https://www.ausgamers.com/features/read/3639901

    4. https://www.podchaser.com/podcasts/t...-abo-134133610 [@ 00:02:50]

    Blizzard calls them dragons. Blizzard’s view > your opinion.



    Human sprouting draconic limbs too could be heavily based on established dragon lore.
    But it’s not, since there are no mortals that have ever wielded the full powers of a Dragonflight. Also I’m pretty sure the developers specifically mentioned the idea of a Gnome or an elf sprouting a tail and attacking to be silly. I agree.

  7. #867
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Basis in lore is a requirement for WoW classes.



    Right in front of you:



    Sources:
    1. https://youtu.be/iQkwYB5B3Es?t=242.

    2. https://youtu.be/BryeVIBX1jM?t=13

    3. https://www.ausgamers.com/features/read/3639901

    4. https://www.podchaser.com/podcasts/t...-abo-134133610 [@ 00:02:50]

    Blizzard calls them dragons. Blizzard’s view > your opinion.





    But it’s not, since there are no mortals that have ever wielded the full powers of a Dragonflight. Also I’m pretty sure the developers specifically mentioned the idea of a Gnome or an elf sprouting a tail and attacking to be silly. I agree.
    There's lore basis for that. Who said anything about mortals? Make them dragons in mortal forms. Yeah sorreh but Blizzard is not equipped to say what's silly or not after Diapergnomes and Soythyr.

    They are as much dragons as chichuahas are dogs. Blizzard's view is shitty.

  8. #868
    The Unstoppable Force Teriz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Dragon Isles
    Posts
    23,541
    Quote Originally Posted by Au-burn View Post
    There's lore basis for that.
    Where in WoW is there a basis for a Tauren or an Elf sprouting a dragon tail from their butts?

    Who said anything about mortals? Make them dragons in mortal forms.
    Which is pointless, because you’re still going to have to give them wing, tail, claw, and breath animations and attacks. You’d just have a Human or Orc doing it, which would look ridiculous.

    Blizzard's view is shitty.
    Then why are you concerned about their game?

  9. #869
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Where in WoW is there a basis for a Tauren or an Elf sprouting a dragon tail from their butts?



    Which is pointless, because you’re still going to have to give them wing, tail, claw, and breath animations and attacks. You’d just have a Human or Orc doing it, which would look ridiculous.



    Then why are you concerned about their game?
    The basis is in dragons using mortal forms. Everything else is open to interpretations, just like all classes we got are reinterpreted archetypes.

    It isn't pointless, it would be mortal form taking on dragon aspects.

    Because I don't want their views to be shitty?

  10. #870
    The Unstoppable Force Teriz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Dragon Isles
    Posts
    23,541
    Quote Originally Posted by Au-burn View Post
    The basis is in dragons using mortal forms. Everything else is open to interpretations, just like all classes we got are reinterpreted archetypes.
    Using mortal forms as a disguise in lore. When it comes to classes, that simply doesn’t work.

    It isn't pointless, it would be mortal form taking on dragon aspects.
    At which point they would simply be dragons.

    Because I don't want their views to be shitty?
    Obviously it isn’t working, since you’ve done nothing but complain since the announcement.

  11. #871
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Using mortal forms as a disguise in lore. When it comes to classes, that simply doesn’t work.



    At which point they would simply be dragons.



    Obviously it isn’t working, since you’ve done nothing but complain since the announcement.
    It works just fine for Chromie in HotS. Yeah dragons in mortal forms.

    Maybe it will work, they haven't revealed about Evoker since DF announcement.

  12. #872
    The Unstoppable Force Teriz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Dragon Isles
    Posts
    23,541
    Quote Originally Posted by Au-burn View Post
    It works just fine for Chromie in HotS. Yeah dragons in mortal forms.

    Maybe it will work, they haven't revealed about Evoker since DF announcement.
    Except it won't because the Evoker has wing and tail based abilities. Again, unless you have a Gnome sprouting wings and tails constantly during a fight, its not going to work. Also I'm pretty sure Chromie doesn't do nonsense like that.

  13. #873
    Quote Originally Posted by Au-burn View Post
    Current Dracthyr model is shitfucked beyond belief. How to portray a dragon? By using for reference existing examples like dragons themselves, drakonid and dragonspawn. They have to look good and those spider lizards don't even register in light wavelengths observed by humans.
    No, they are not broken. someone not liking them does not mean they are broken it is like i said multiple times personal taste. Some people don't like whisky, does that mean all whisky are bad?

  14. #874
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Except it won't because the Evoker has wing and tail based abilities. Again, unless you have a Gnome sprouting wings and tails constantly during a fight, its not going to work. Also I'm pretty sure Chromie doesn't do nonsense like that.
    So have them sprout them. She sprouts dragon projection while using some of her spells.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Stormxraven View Post
    No, they are not broken. someone not liking them does not mean they are broken it is like i said multiple times personal taste. Some people don't like whisky, does that mean all whisky are bad?
    That's a bad comparison. It's more like drinking piss. All piss is bad.

  15. #875
    The Unstoppable Force Teriz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Dragon Isles
    Posts
    23,541
    Quote Originally Posted by Au-burn View Post
    So have them sprout them. She sprouts dragon projection while using some of her spells.
    I'm pretty sure Blizzard stated that one of the reasons they created the Dracthyr race was because the idea of a Gnome sprouting a tail was stupid.

    So yeah, it ain't happening.

  16. #876
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    I'm pretty sure Blizzard stated that one of the reasons they created the Dracthyr race was because the idea of a Gnome sprouting a tail was stupid.

    So yeah, it ain't happening.
    I don't remember them saying it. Even if then they are wrong.

  17. #877
    Herald of the Titans Clone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Kamino
    Posts
    2,676
    Quote Originally Posted by Fistfighter View Post
    They're way too twinky for a dragon race. They look like something you would find at the unpleasant side of DeviantArt.
    I have no doubt that's exactly where they came from.

  18. #878
    The Patient Supertoster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Cringe Valley
    Posts
    286
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Yes, and you're allowed to dislike them. My point is that the people who voted "yes" in that "do you like the Dracthyr Evoker" poll like both the race and the class, since they are one in the same.
    Because you have said so?
    Sorry mate, this is not how it works.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    I'm pretty sure Blizzard stated that one of the reasons they created the Dracthyr race was because the idea of a Gnome sprouting a tail was stupid.
    This reasoning of them is super stupid because visage form is not used in combat. There is no difference which race is visage because all these "tails and wings stuff" is a part of dragon form, not visage form.

  19. #879
    Quote Originally Posted by Au-burn View Post
    There's lore basis for that. Who said anything about mortals? Make them dragons in mortal forms. Yeah sorreh but Blizzard is not equipped to say what's silly or not after Diapergnomes and Soythyr.

    They are as much dragons as chichuahas are dogs. Blizzard's view is shitty.
    Spitting the facts, chihuahas are the closest animal when it comes to dracthyr to me too, or pug, weirdly mutant creature

  20. #880
    The Unstoppable Force Teriz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Dragon Isles
    Posts
    23,541
    Quote Originally Posted by Supertoster View Post
    Because you have said so?
    Sorry mate, this is not how it works.
    Ion said so.

    "Dracthyr are Evokers and Evokers are Dracthyrs".

    This reasoning of them is super stupid because visage form is not used in combat. There is no difference which race is visage because all these "tails and wings stuff" is a part of dragon form, not visage form.
    The reason you can't use Visage form in combat is because it would be ridiculous, and ultimate pointless, because you'd be constantly shifting into draconic form anyway. It makes more sense to simply remain in dragon form throughout combat.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •