Poll: What do you think?

Page 5 of 58 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    TBF, Blizzard said the race/class is going to be customizable as hell, so I don’t see why they wouldn’t offer a bulkier body.
    No, see, they meant that you can customize haircolor AND highlight color on your Elf Male or Human Female.

10+ Year Old Account
    Restricting Evoker to the just the new race makes sense, it’s abilities are intrinsically linked to the dragon flights. Restricting the new race to only the Evoker class doesn’t make sense to me. At least let them be mundane, non lore based classes like warrior, mage, hunter, maybe rogue.
    Last edited by Fahrenheit; 2022-04-20 at 12:57 AM.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wowrefugee View Post
    Right? There's barely any announced features as is, and they're going to lock people out of the new race? Bad decision.
    I try to not get too pessimistic but I was just thinking about it and it's really weird to me that they managed to update all 12 core races with completely new animations and models in WoD, yet for 10.0 all they could manage was one race that reuses old skeletons, shares a single dragon form between genders, and can't even wear armor.

To put this better into perspective, those 12 core races are actually multiplied by two because they had to give the HD visual and animation treatment to both genders. That's a lot of work. Like an insane amount of work.

So when you compare that monumental achievement to Dracthyr... No matter how you look at it, the execution behind them seems lazy.

Granted, WoD probably isn't the best example as it suffered major content droughts (among other problems) but we're not talking about remaking 24 character skeletons and models, we're talking about a maximum of 4. They should be able to do that without creating a catastrophic WoD 2.0 situation.

But they couldn't even do that. How? It's baffling.
    Last edited by ercarp; 2022-04-20 at 12:39 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Easy...slap some titties on the female Drakthyr.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ercarp View Post
    I try to not get too pessimistic but I was just thinking about it and it's really weird to me that they managed to update all 12 core races with completely new animations and models in WoD, yet for 10.0 all they could manage was one race that reuses old skeletons, shares a single dragon form between genders, and can't even wear armor.

To put this better into perspective, those 12 core races are actually multiplied by two because they had to give the HD visual and animation treatment to both genders. That's a lot of work. Like an insane amount of work.

So when you compare that monumental achievement to Dracthyr... No matter how you look at it, the execution behind them seems lazy.

Granted, WoD probably isn't the best example as it suffered major content droughts (among other problems) but we're not talking about remaking 24 character skeletons and models, we're talking about a maximum of 4. They should be able to do that without creating a catastrophic WoD 2.0 situation.

But they couldn't even do that. How? It's baffling.
    This.
    They already did way more in the past. The complete set of new animations for all races for Monks. New animations for elves for DHs. New skins for all races for DKs. In legion they did new animations for all races, both melee and casters.

Yet Drakthyr does not even has an unique rig - it uses worgen female rig for dragonform and M-belf/F-human rigs for mortal form. Even Zandalari and Kul Tirans have unique animation rigs and they are just allied races!

Quote Originally Posted by Dead Moose Fandango View Post
    As someone who prefers to play melee classes, this just screams "Well, screw this new class. I probably won't be using it."
    All three classes added to the game outside of the original 9 (DK, Monk, and DH) have lacked a ranged DPS spec and only one had a ranged spec at all as a healer, and even then that healer is often played as as melee. I'm sure you'll survive one class that isn't melee DPS or tank.

I'm quite ok with the original concept tbh.

Dragons don't have to be bulky AF in my opinion. Also fits their Class as a pure Healer / Range spec way better.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyrel8490 View Post

Dragons don't have to be bulky AF in my opinion.
    The bulk or lack thereof is not the main issue. As you can see I made a suggestion on how to improve the base Slender build as well.

But some people will inevitably want to play a bulkier, more masculine-looking dragon, so I don't see why the option shouldn't exist.

You guys bring up some good points, it feels like we're being conditioned to expect less and less.

There's a ton of outstanding character customization wishes that they could include in the expansion as well, but the fact we're getting a very limited race/class combo and no mention of any other character cosmetics is pretty worrying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Vindicator View Post
    While I think they look pretty bad currently - I'm surprised how mad people are about the exclusive class/race combo thing, I think it's by far the most interesting and intriguing concept from the reveal so far

Is it just the people who only play humans or elves mad about this
    Considering the Dracthyr can only transform into humans and elves, I don't see why they would be mad. They should be overjoyed!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyrel8490 View Post

Dragons don't have to be bulky AF in my opinion. Also fits their Class as a pure Healer / Range spec way better.
    We don't want a replacement or model rework.
    We want options. Options are always good. Different people have different tastes and it will be better for new class limited to only one race to have more visual options to please more people. Some people will like slender lizards, other people will enjoy beefy dragons.

Quote Originally Posted by Supertoster View Post
    We don't want a replacement or model rework.
    We want options. Options are always good. Different people have different tastes and it will be better for new class limited to only one race to have more visual options to please more people. Some people will like slender lizards, other people will enjoy beefy dragons.
    The bulk or lack thereof is not the main issue. As you can see I made a suggestion on how to improve the base Slender build as well.

But some people will inevitably want to play a bulkier, more masculine-looking dragon, so I don't see why the option shouldn't exist.
    Fair enough. The wording was a bit missleading in the OP.

"How I Would Fix Dracthyr"

"To fix this, I would apply the following changes."

Sure more options are fine by me. Still even like the original slender model better than the "improved" one.
    Last edited by Lyrel8490; 2022-04-20 at 01:18 AM. Reason: grammar

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HansOlo View Post
    Good try.

None of the aspects are orcs or gnomes(even thou Chromie is a dragon). It clashes with the lore. It doesn't take that much to figure that out.
    Thats some bs right there

for you to know, Deathwing - an aspect - assumed the form of an orc to learn about the horde back the first/second war, as explained in chronicles 2

so, bs, the aspects can turn into whatever the heck they want

Quote Originally Posted by The Vindicator View Post
    While I think they look pretty bad currently - I'm surprised how mad people are about the exclusive class/race combo thing, I think it's by far the most interesting and intriguing concept from the reveal so far

Is it just the people who only play humans or elves mad about this
    I'll give my view on it.

I don't care that the Evoker is locked to Dracthyr. That's fine.

But Dracthyr only being able to be Evoker is silly.

The race itself is pretty cool. Players have asked for a dragon race for awhile.

Imagine this scenario: Ogres get added, but they lock them to only being warriors.

It would just be frustrating. Why lock a race to a very specific, limited class/play style?

It's the opposite of what players want (many have asked for opening up class/race combos, and Blizz has ran the other direction.)

7+ Year Old Account
    Considering the Dracthyr can only transform into humans and elves, I don't see why they would be mad. They should be overjoyed!
    They are, and are the ones saying things should not be changed, go figure it

I just want to be able to use my humanoid "visage form" in combat. I don't care about transforming.. I think they should allow us to choose our visage form permanently and cast out the wings for the necessary animations like they do for DH.

I don't care about armor, though a scarf/kerchief or bracers / anklets might be awesome..

Quote Originally Posted by Darsyek View Post
    All three classes added to the game outside of the original 9 (DK, Monk, and DH) have lacked a ranged DPS spec and only one had a ranged spec at all as a healer, and even then that healer is often played as as melee. I'm sure you'll survive one class that isn't melee DPS or tank.
    The problem isn't the class. The problem is the new race can only use THAT class.

10+ Year Old Account
    Drakthyr models was made by the same artist as new incubus model.
    https://twitter.com/PushinVerts/stat...09346087112705

Quote Originally Posted by Dead Moose Fandango View Post
    The problem isn't the class. The problem is the new race can only use THAT class.
    Your complaint that I replied to was entirely about the class.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Supertoster View Post
    Drakthyr models was made by the same artist as new incubus model.
    https://twitter.com/PushinVerts/stat...09346087112705
    Yup, I was just looking through their art earlier. I personally don't think there's anything wrong with the incubus model; it feels like the perfect counterpart to the succubus model.

In general they seem to be a good artist and it doesn't look like they have any kind of scalie agenda, so I'm not sure where it all went wrong.

They did have a hand in designing the Sethrak though, which could explain the long snake necks.