Poll: What do you think?

Page 33 of 58 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Au-burn View Post
    It wouldn't be a problem if they were wider.
    Yes it would. The wider you make the body, the larger the wings become via proportion.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Yes it would. The wider you make the body, the larger the wings become via proportion.
    Nope. The wings can be as big as Blizzard want them to be. Even bigger proprortionate wings wouldn't be a problem gameplay wise.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope. The wings can be as big as Blizzard want them to be.
    So you think Blizzard is going to create a huge, thick Dracthyr with tiny, baby wings?

Even bigger proprortionate wings wouldn't be a problem gameplay wise.

You have to take other players into account. Especially players who are playing smaller races, and your fellow players in group play when you’re navigating smaller rooms, doorways and corridors. Something like that above can completely block your view.

So you think Blizzard is going to create a huge, thick Dracthyr with tiny, baby wings?

You have to take other players into account. Especially players who are playing smaller races, and your fellow players in group play when you’re navigating smaller rooms, doorways and corridors. Something like that above can completely block your view.
    Their wings are already small for their bodies so that's hardly a problem.

So can Tauren block view. Blizzard can add transparency options. If needed it would be better than to make them shorter and wider than tall but narrow.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    There´s really nothing to fix, because we have not seen how they will look/move.

We know very little of the final product.

Also, Blizzard heard the outcry, so you can expect them to be fairly different once the beta comes lives, and maybe at its later stage. (Yes, tehy do listen, to be fair, they didnt before, but since shit went down they started actually listening and acting on people´s feedback)

Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    There´s really nothing to fix, because we have not seen how they will look/move.

Also, Blizzard heard the outcry, so you can expect them to be fairly different once the beta comes lives, and maybe at its later stage. (Yes, tehy do listen, to be fair, they didnt before, but since shit went down they started actually listening and acting on people´s feedback)
    Better to show them what pepople want now than wait and wake up in soy shit. These edits display direction people want to see them pursue.

Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post

I mean, Worgen females walking backwards in Running Wild looked straight out of Silent Hill for years until the remodel. And I don't think we have upright Forsaken yet, do we?

Also damn that bulky draconic draenei someone posted is far worse than the current model. Needs a waist.

10+ Year Old Account
    Their wings are already small for their bodies so that's hardly a problem.
    Uh what?

[/QUOTE]

So can Tauren block view.
    Indeed they do. However, in addition to that, Tauren don’t have massive wings on either side of their body that open and close, a long tail behind them, nor do they fly around in combat. Now multiply that since a lot of people will be playing this race, and hence you have a problem.

Look, you can make all the excuses you want, but something that size is more than likely not going to happen. I’m merely pointing this out to show individuals like you why the Dracthyr are probably going to stay on the slender side.

I still have to ask, do you people really play in first person view while raiding and expect to see shit???

Uh what?

Indeed they do. However, in addition to that, Tauren don’t have massive wings on either side of their body that open and close, a long tail behind them, nor do they fly around in combat. Now multiply that since a lot of people will be playing this race, and hence you have a problem.

Look, you can make all the excuses you want, but something that size is more than likely not going to happen. I’m merely pointing this out to show individuals like you why the Dracthyr are probably going to stay on the slender side.
    Those are very small wings for a creature that is supposed to fly.

Wings aren't massive enough to change much. Flying in combat once every blue moon won't be a problem. These are non issues that Blizzard can change in myriad of ways. Like I said if necessary they should make them shorter.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I still have to ask, do you people really play in first person view while raiding and expect to see shit???
    No but it's an excuse and it is all about excuses.

10+ Year Old Account
    Those are very small wings for a creature that is supposed to fly.

You literally don't know what you're talking about.

Wings aren't massive enough to change much. Flying in combat once every blue moon won't be a problem. These are non issues that Blizzard can change in myriad of ways. Like I said if necessary they should make them shorter.
    They're going to be flying in combat constantly. Not only do they have the ability "Soar", they also have that Onyxia/Deathwing style ability that allows them to fly over the field and raze it with flames. And that's just the two we know of. They also have abilities like this;

Where they leap and open their wings.

Your suggestion that a solution to that would be making the dracthyr transparent is ridiculous. What are they going to do? Make the Dracthyr transparent at 20yds so that Hunters and Mages can see past them? You might as well make the Dracthyr invisible.

The solution is to make them slender so that they're not as bad a visual obstruction for other players.

- - - Updated - - -

No, but in raids and dungeons, people fight in third person.
    Last edited by Teriz; 2022-05-10 at 10:40 AM.

They're going to be flying in combat constantly. Not only do they have the ability "Soar", they also have that Onyxia/Deathwing style ability that allows them to fly over the field and raze it with flames. And that's just the two we know of. They also have abilities like this;

Where they leap and open their wings.

Your suggestion that a solution to that would be making the dracthyr transparent is ridiculous. What are they going to do? Make the Dracthyr transparent at 20yds so that Hunters and Mages can see past them? You might as well make the Dracthyr invisible.
    Where do you get info they are going to be flying constantly? That Onyxia/Deathwing is the only flying ability I know of. Those little jumps aren't a problem.

They can for example make only their wings transparent but I don't think any of that is needed. This isn't FP game, it isn't supposed to be played like that. Zoom out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where do you get info they are going to be flying constantly? That Onyxia/Deathwing is the only flying ability I know of. Those little jumps aren't a problem.
    You missed the Brian Holinka interview. He mentioned this ability;

Soar is the ability that lets you hover in the air for a duration while casting abilities on the move.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6p7_...ture=emb_title

And he stated that it is a major part of the Dracthyr's ability set. Pretty much a defining feature of the class.

They can for example make only their wings transparent but I don't think any of that is needed. This isn't FP game, it isn't supposed to be played like that. Zoom out.
    Again, players often play in third person view. In third-person view a huge tauren-sized creature with gigantic flapping wings in front of you is going to be visual obstruction. In some areas, big zoom-outs aren't possible, like in corridors, tunnels, some doorways, and smaller rooms.

Again, players often play in third person view. In third-person view a huge tauren-sized creature with gigantic flapping wings in front of you is going to be visual obstruction.
    Do you understand what third person view is? I could see it being an obstruction in first persion view (but this is not an ARPG so who plays that) but in Third person view, you can always zoom out a tiny bit. I guess it's a problem for people with tiny screens?

10+ Year Old Account
    Do you understand what third person view is?
    Do you? Do you also understand that in some dungeons and raids you're in a literal tunnel and can only zoom out to a certain point before the camera stops?

Do you? Do you also understand that in some dungeons you're in a literal tunnel and can only zoom out to a certain point before the camera stops?
    As a tank I make every effort not to fight in those spaces and pull back or forward as needed exactly so everyone (most importantly myself) gets an unobstructed field of view. The few times the game forces combat in narrow spaces it would either be in a dungeon (and the ranged can hang back in the entrance) or if it is in the raid it's almost always a situation where the raid is split and only a few people are in the crowded space. This is an issue that exists regardless of a single race

You missed the Brian Holinka interview. He mentioned this ability;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6p7_...ture=emb_title

And he stated that it is a major part of the Dracthyr's ability set. Pretty much a defining feature of the class.

Again, players often play in third person view. In third-person view a huge tauren-sized creature with gigantic flapping wings in front of you is going to be visual obstruction. In some areas, big zoom-outs aren't possible, like in corridors, tunnels, some doorways, and smaller rooms.
    Hovering is not flying.

Do they? They should learn to zoom out then. Those places are rare enough to ignore in terms of designing race.

Can't trust any "fix" from someone who can't even spell the race properly.
    If I don't respond to something you tagged me in, assume one of two things.
    1) Your post was too stupid to acknowledge, or
    2) Your post is cringe and not worth replying to.

Alternatively, if it happens a lot I probably have you blocked due to one of the above things. Thank you.

If more people disagreed then it would have hit 0 likes.

These are real issues and dismissive attitude won't change that.

So where is the proof? Screen alignment is proof of nothing because on video we can see them breathe and change wings position slightly. It's not exactly the same frame of the breathing cycle but we can see both of their breathing cycles on the video.

2 minutes 58 seconds

I don't know if there are glasses for brains but that's not how breathing works in life and WoW. While inhaling green and white dragons bodies slightly stretch and we can see that their body shapes remain largely the same:

1. White dragon's chest is smaller
    2. White dragon's shoulders are less portruding. Don't confuse shoulders with traps.
    3. White dragon's biceps are smaller
    4. White dragon's waist is smaller
    Screen alignment? You understand that, and I really can’t stress this enough, that screen alignment is literally the exact same when you’re making a character correct?

My proof is layed out and explained very clearly for you and now you’re claiming the screens aren’t aligned the same? Buddy…. You can’t change how the screen is aligned when you’re making a character. This is like…. baseline common knowledge of any player. Defending your stance is starting to make you say dumber and dumber things to defend it and instead of being an adult and saying “you know what you have a point” you continue to defend something that is straight up brain dead.

Edit: also yeah I know that’s the video where it came from, anyone with a brain can see the green one during its .25 seconds on frame is INHALING. And the moment the white one is one he is finishing his exhale and then it cuts.

You’re too unobservant to see this so that’s why we brought out the arrows to help you through it.

Notice how you’re the only person here who needs walked through this btw
    Last edited by Royru; 2022-05-10 at 11:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Royru View Post
    Screen alignment? You understand that, and I really can’t stress this enough, that screen alignment is literally the exact same when you’re making a character correct?

My proof is layed out and explained very clearly for you and now you’re claiming the screens aren’t aligned the same? Buddy…. You can’t change how the screen is aligned when you’re making a character. This is like…. baseline common knowledge of any player. Defending your stance is starting to make you say dumber and dumber things to defend it and instead of being an adult and saying “you know what you have a point” you continue to defend something that is straight up brain dead.

Edit: also yeah I know that’s the video where it came from, anyone with a brain can see the green one during its .25 seconds on frame is INHALING. And the moment the white one is one he is finishing his exhale and then it cuts.

You’re too unobservant to see this so that’s why we brought out the arrows to help you through it.

Notice how you’re the only person here who needs walked through this btw
    I'm saying that those screens weren't made at the exact same time. That's why wings are in different position. I'm saying we don't need to look only at screens because we have a video where it shows their breathing cycles.

You don't have a point that's the problem. Both dragons are inhaling in the video. Denial won't change that. Both bodies stretch during inhalation but their overall proportions don't change. Green one is more masculine and white one is more feminine.

1. White dragon's chest is smaller
    2. White dragon's shoulders are less portruding. Don't confuse shoulders with traps.
    3. White dragon's biceps are smaller
    4. White dragon's waist is smaller

No other person engages with nonsense you post but I'm kinder than most.
    Last edited by Auburst; 2022-05-10 at 12:12 PM.