Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Let's talk here just about Evoker (class, not race)...

...as long as we don't have dedicated subforum for Evoker class yet.

Small summary at the beginning what we know so far:

Class name: EVOKER
    Races available: Dracthyr only
    Type: Hero class (starts at 58 lvl)
    Color: <unknown>
    Specializations: Devastation (mid-range DPS), Preservation (healer)
    Armor type: Mail
    Weapon types: <unknown> (possibly even no weapon, fist weapon or weapon just hidden in combat)
    Resource: Mana
    Other notices:
    - Uses special new type of abilities (Empower) which has multiple levels depending of how long player cast it.
    - Uses Mana as a resource as seen in new UI design screenshot, but it may apply for only one spec. No confirmation yet.
    - Animations are very tied to the model of its race.
    - Most likely lot of mobility.
    - So far as we know it uses fire, arcane, nature and frost damage channels.
    - Damage will focus on powers from red and blue dragonflights.
    - Healing will focus on both heal itself using nature magic (from green dragonflught) and speeding it up via time magic (from brown dragonflight).
    - It's the first post-vanilla class that can't be tank.
    - Evoker breaks a rule of one-word name for regular classes and two-word names for hero classes

Many discussion about new class focuses only on race-lock, but I would like to focus on this class only. I know there is not much yet known, but also unknown things are worth to discuss What do you think about it? Wanna try? Wanna main?
    Last edited by i3ackero; 2022-04-19 at 10:25 PM.

A lot of assumptions already. They already said that Devastation was focusing on Red/Blue dragon magic, and the healer on Green/Bronze.
    The likelihood of 3 variations of a damage beam is low, we already have Mind Flay and Mind Sear and Drain Soul/Life.
    "Evoker breaks a rule" with a sample size of two hero classes.

Way too early to make any assumptions about how this class will be played, although the "charge" thing they mentioned has me worried that in lieu of an actual rotation, the Evoker "rotation" will be facing your camera towards mobs, holding a button for 5 seconds and doing 10% more damage than a Mage. I hope that isn't the case but I really don't know how much I like this "charge" ability thing they mentioned.

If no Earth Tanking class is announced, that would be a massive missed opportunity...

I would have preferred red/green heal spec and blue/bronze dps. Red is a weird choice for dps.

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Way too early to make any assumptions about how this class will be played, although the "charge" thing they mentioned has me worried that in lieu of an actual rotation, the Evoker "rotation" will be facing your camera towards mobs, holding a button for 5 seconds and doing 10% more damage than a Mage. I hope that isn't the case but I really don't know how much I like this "charge" ability thing they mentioned.
    I think it could be a nice middle ground between removing all cast times and having your cast completely fail when you have to move for a mechanic, but that shouldn't be a class specific feature if so.

Doesn't interest me in the slightest. But that's okay. I do hope the other classes return to their Legion glory again.

The class itself looks great, I have it on record in multiple posts if we didn't get Tinker a class that uses long range dragon magic would be my next option and we got exactly that! (I was nervous the "dragonsworn" concept that gives us another melee class would become official).

What looks like an absolute bomb capable of ruining this entire class for me is the drakthyr. I swear I saw that exact race named different in a fan expansion and I didn't like that either, that OP must be crapping their pants.

Quote Originally Posted by Iain View Post
    Doesn't interest me in the slightest. But that's okay. I do hope the other classes return to their Legion glory again.
    What a sad state the game is in now to think that Legion class design had any glory to it

Especially considering the expansions that followed only had the trimmed down versions of what we had in Legion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    If no Earth Tanking class is announced, that would be a massive missed opportunity...
    I 100% agree.

They should have a black dragonflight tanking tree.

It would make me check it out at least.
    I don't want solutions. I want to be mad. - PoorlyDrawnlines

5+ Year Old Account
    for now, sound of its name... makes me unsettling, almost perfect name for class would be INVOKER.
    Please, there a perfect example of hypocritical thinking:
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    If Tinkers had anything to do with Hunters, but they don’t. Unlike Bards which are linked to Rogues.

Quote Originally Posted by Sluvs View Post
    I 100% agree.

They should have a black dragonflight tanking tree.

It would make me check it out at least.
    Right, they mention every type of dragon magic except black. It's just missing from discussion.. maybe they're still working on the spec and can't announce it yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyrra View Post
    Right, they mention every type of dragon magic except black. It's just missing from discussion.. maybe they're still working on the spec and can't announce it yet.
    Because black dragon magic isn't really a thing. It's the same as the red magic. The onyxia dive bomb is black magic (and red).

Homophobia is so gay.

Herald of the Titans Nightshade711's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Specs should have been:
    Blue/black for DPS.

Keep Green/Bronze as healers.

Red should've been the "abilities both specs use" because it's been seen to both heal and do damage lore wise.

I am hoping for glyphs that let us change the red abilities to more black dragon-themed flames.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Chen isn't a Monk

An important note is the charged up spells it's gonna have. That's a completely new gameplay mechanic.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Quote Originally Posted by Ilir View Post
    Because black dragon magic isn't really a thing. It's the same as the red magic. The onyxia dive bomb is black magic (and red).
    He was called Neltharion the Earth-Warder for a reason, he had power over the earth. They could have easily done something for tanking, but stated why they didn't.
    "May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce"

"May the Goddess smile upon you."

"Hero", is what they've all been saying. This world, it isn't worth the saving."

I know i may be copium but i still have hope for a tank spec with cool black dragon earth abilities.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Futhark View Post
    I would have preferred red/green heal spec and blue/bronze dps. Red is a weird choice for dps.
    Red was more than likely chosen for DPS to give players fire-based DPS abilities. A dragon not breathing fire for damage (while cliche) would be strange.

Quote Originally Posted by Futhark View Post
    I absolutely agree. Another fire based DPS spec /yawn, it's not like we already have 2.5 of those. Same for healing, making it nature magic with a temporal modifier is hardly revolutionary when we already have druids and shamans to some extend. Basing it on flame would have been at least novel.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.