Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Dracthyr vs Worgen

This honestly makes me scratch my head

Why wasn't the Evoker just basically a worgen class on steroids? Pick any race, but when you are in combat you turn into a dracthyr, when outside, you revert to your chosen race. Chromie is a gnome, Rhea was a goblin, Ebonhorn is a Tauren, Kalecgos is a human and Alextrasza is an elf, but now you are combining everything under one furry/dragurry race?? Dragons can choose to be anyone they want, Chromie is a male Dragon taking upon the form of a female gnome, why? Because it suits him

Though I suppose it wouldn't be impossible for them to make glyphs/customizations to look like other races down the line but it seems weird to me

This almost seems extremely ironic considering the Dracthyr uses the worgen model. Almost like another "Fun Detected"

On a side note, another Island shrouded by mists being revealed again by some event *Cough cough* Pandaria *Cough cough* Battle for Azeroth *Cough Cough* Battle for Azeroth won't end in Siege of orgrimmar like in MoP *Cough cough* Lets do another pandaria a third time time
    Last edited by Candy Cough; 2022-04-19 at 11:35 PM.
    An'u belore delen'na

You can't use forms dragons take in an argument. These aren't dragons

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Candy Cough View Post
    Believe me, we all scratching our heads with same questions, while Teriz pretends its same class/race that he ever wanted.
    Please, there a perfect example of hypocritical thinking:
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    If Tinkers had anything to do with Hunters, but they don’t. Unlike Bards which are linked to Rogues.

Quote Originally Posted by Futhark View Post
    What? Are you using a lore argument for a race that literally just got made up? We really don't know how much of their humanoid form is an illusion and how much is innate. More so, they have no set lore so it could be either.

I definitely agree that it would feel like they were offering more if they were a class that different races could pick.

7+ Year Old Account
    You are doing the wrong comparison, is not Dracthyr vs Worgen, is Dracthyr vs Demon hunter.

the humanoid form of worgen don't have "wolf-ish" characteristics, is just a human, then the worgen form is your race, where you fight, and you use your weapons and armor, so you can pick other classes

Drachtyr are like demon hunters:
    1-your base elf form have demon/dragon customization
    2-you turn into a demon/dragon form, who, don't wear your armor, instead, they just use a standart clotch piece.

Imagine if they sold Demon hunter as a "ilidari/demon race", i rly can't believe they are doing this with a straight face

5+ Year Old Account
    This almost seems extremely ironic considering the Dracthyr uses the worgen model.
    No they don't.

10+ Year Old Account

Why wasn't the Evoker just basically a worgen class on steroids? Pick any race, but when you are in combat you turn into a dracthyr, when outside, you revert to your chosen race. Chromie is a gnome, Rhea was a goblin, Ebonhorn is a Tauren, Kalecgos is a human and Alextrasza is an elf, but now you are combining everything under one furry/dragurry race?? Dragons can choose to be anyone they want, Chromie is a male Dragon taking upon the form of a female gnome, why? Because it suits him

Though I suppose it wouldn't be impossible for them to make glyphs/customizations to look like other races down the line but it seems weird to me

This almost seems extremely ironic considering the Dracthyr uses the worgen model. Almost like another "Fun Detected"

On a side note, another Island shrouded by mists being revealed again by some event *Cough cough* Pandaria *Cough cough* Battle for Azeroth *Cough Cough* Battle for Azeroth won't end in Siege of orgrimmar like in MoP *Cough cough* Lets do another pandaria a third time time
    From what it sounds like they were created by Deathwing and aren't just Dragons like the aspects are

Quote Originally Posted by Futhark View Post
    Well then the argument becomes "why are we playing as these weird dragon-human hybrids instead of just actual dragons"

Quote Originally Posted by Skirdus View Post
    Well then the argument becomes "why are we playing as these weird dragon-human hybrids instead of just actual dragons"
    They made these things so they can't get R34'd, because these are actually just based on R34 for dragons. Actual Blizz 5d chess.

Quote Originally Posted by cocomen2 View Post
    Believe me, we all scratching our heads with same questions, while Teriz pretends its same class/race that he ever wanted.
    Lets be real a lot that truly wanted a Dragon Class pretty much wanted to be a four legged full fledged out dragon, but it was really questionable how they do the Dragon Form considering its huge.

This is pretty much the next step to give them personality without cluttering the Screen.

If its better or worse thats for debate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    It just sounded ominous as if he would save that info for future use to something, that's all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Next class is Necromancer. Tinker will never happen.

You read first here.
    Oh yeah?

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    You are doing the wrong comparison, is not Dracthyr vs Worgen, is Dracthyr vs Demon hunter.

the humanoid form of worgen don't have "wolf-ish" characteristics, is just a human, then the worgen form is your race, where you fight, and you use your weapons and armor, so you can pick other classes

2-you turn into a demon/dragon form, who, don't wear your armor, instead, they just use a standart clotch piece.

Imagine if they sold Demon hunter as a "ilidari/demon race", i rly can't believe they are doing this with a straight face
    it really is just as you said. Had they created an "Illidari" race that could only choose Demon Hunter and vice-versa, it would be the exact same concept.

- - - Updated - - -

To fit through doors and to have a rig that can be fit onto existing mounts/interactable objects.

Im curious if they will include other class animations for Drakthyr, like how Goblins and Worgen have the Monk roll animation.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Al Gorefiend View Post
    it really is just as you said. Had they created an "Illidari" race that could only choose Demon Hunter and vice-versa, it would be the exact same concept.

- - - Updated - - -

To fit through doors and to have a rig that can be fit onto existing mounts/interactable objects.
    I quoted you just to tell you that your name is hilarious. Well done.

Im not talking about worgen as wolfish in particular, I meant more in the way of the "two forms" thing they have going on. Mainly worgen form, but they can revert back to human

In my case, I thought they would have done, Mainly dragon form, but they CAN revert back to their elf/human/Tauren/Gnome/goblin form whatever
    The ability Two forms but as a class instead of worgen
    An'u belore delen'na

5+ Year Old Account
    Im not talking about worgen as wolfish in particular, I meant more in the way of the "two forms" thing they have going on. Mainly worgen form, but they can revert back to human
    It looks like DH metamorphose but works like Worgen transformation, he explains that character creation would be a same as if you making DH... but now it Dragonthing, even for other races.... just add eyes+horns+scales.

Why they just didn't allowed for all base races to turn in this ugly Dragonthing? anyway IN FIGHT you look like Dragonthing and yours equipment didn't shown on its model, only once you go to human form like Worgens do, only then you see yours set and equipment.

Dragonoids with full customised models and rig that allows to show you your's equipment would be WAY better, even if you would stuck in Dragonoid body without option to turn back to human looking one model.
    Last edited by cocomen2; 2022-04-20 at 12:55 AM.
    Please, there a perfect example of hypocritical thinking:
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    If Tinkers had anything to do with Hunters, but they don’t. Unlike Bards which are linked to Rogues.

Believe me, I am asking the same question!

7+ Year Old Account

In my case, I thought they would have done, Mainly dragon form, but they CAN revert back to their elf/human/Tauren/Gnome/goblin form whatever
    The ability Two forms but as a class instead of worgen
    Like i said, this is a Demon hunter transformation, but dragon instead of demon, but they made working like worgen to toggle to pretend its a race, so they can sell as such

Its just super lazy

It seems more like an island shrouded by storm this times, rather than mists, but i may be mistaken. I still get what you mean of course.
    Though they could also just make it more realistic: State that it was actually lost as a location (the ocean is a big place, even for any dragon), especially given how places can move around in a sundering and shattering world like Azeroth.

Even in our present day own earth, watched 24/7 by satellites's we occasionally still discover islands and structures we had previously missed, either not recognising what they were or literally failing to spot what is right in front of our eyes.

The dragons in that sense have a lot less than we do.

As to the models: These guys are not dragons, they're dracthyr.
    Going by Nefarian's methods Deathwing may have just used actual humans and/or elves in their creation, and as such they can only switch between their dragonman-mode and something closer to their original form.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

7+ Year Old Account
    the people saying "it works like a worgen transformation" no it is more like a druid form, it can be turned off outside of combat, but in combat you have to use it because it is what the abilities are based off.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Like i said, this is a Demon hunter transformation, but dragon instead of demon, but they made working like worgen to toggle to pretend its a race, so they can sell as such

Its just super lazy
    100% Agreed! No real work went into this .....

Representation for Furries is your real answer. The Rule34 WoW community takes priority.