The very first WoW world map concept layout

https://ibb.co/bJwnZbR

Anyone has this in better resolution?

Jeff Kaplan said it’s from 2001 the very first Concept map for world of Warcraft (including northrend, later cut)

Just these maps:

Metzen's map in 1999:

Cool, thx for the comprehensive list!!

Interesting how the dragon isles was seen on almost every map concept

Interesting that Runemaster was on there with every other known class except Druid.

Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    Interesting that Runemaster was on there with every other known class except Druid.
    Jep. Tbh, I can still see it happening. Would be an interesting addition if it happens.

15+ Year Old Account
    Really cool to see how it grew and what were thought touchstones from the beginning. And how how significant ulduar was supposed to be!

Funniest thing is Azeroth as just the name for the southern part of EK instead of the planet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

I think it's so weird Uldum went from its own continent to not being in game during vanilla. I assume it contained most of what we consider southern Kamilmdor within it

Quote Originally Posted by ProphetFlume View Post
    Funniest thing is Azeroth as just the name for the southern part of EK instead of the planet.
    That's from the previous Warcraft games. Another name for the nation of Stormwind is "The Kingdom of Azeroth". They haven't used it in WoW to avoid confusion I guess, but that was how it was referred to in the RTS games.

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderment2 View Post
    I think it's so weird Uldum went from its own continent to not being in game during vanilla. I assume it contained most of what we consider southern Kamilmdor within it
    Ulduar, not Uldum. Quite a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Z3ROR View Post
    Ulduar, not Uldum. Quite a difference.
    Not really?

Fine then an entire titan continent disappeared during production.....

Quote Originally Posted by Shrouded View Post
    That's from the previous Warcraft games. Another name for the nation of Stormwind is "The Kingdom of Azeroth". They haven't used it in WoW to avoid confusion I guess, but that was how it was referred to in the RTS games.
    They did use it in WOW. There were a few quests referencing the area as Azeroth, but they were removed with cataclysm.

Quote Originally Posted by Funkyjunky View Post
    They did use it in WOW. There were a few quests referencing the area as Azeroth, but they were removed with cataclysm.
    You know I thought so, but it's been so long I thought it might've been a trick of the mind, thanks for the clarification. I guess part of it is that the factions were named after the capital cities, so it was a natural change over time. What's funny to me is that Azeroth is the name of the world, the kingdom and the southern-most part of the continent, everything south of Khaz Modan to Stranglethorn.

10+ Year Old Account
    *grumbles*

And people call me crazy for wanting Undermine..
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

"Undermine" hey a "delve" expansion (if you know POE) would be amazing!! You dig deeper and deeper in an massive dungeon with hundreds of rooms, caverns, bosses. Every four week of dailies you can open a new branch and going deeper the "themes" change like in the old Eye of the beholder games.

Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    And there were 3 factions?

- Green: Night Elves (NE), Tauren (T), Orcs (O), Goblins (G)
    - Blue: Human (H), Dwarves (D)
    - Red: Naga (NA), Undead (U), Demons (DE)