Page 1 of 2
LastLast

How Evoker should be implemented

Evoker should be a class for any race.

In combat the Evoker is in the dragon form.

The humanoid dragon elf should be a new race for horde or alliance. With many class options.

I’m curious if anyone see’s any flaws with this over what is currently planned. Seems like how it should work in my opinion. Other than the new lore that neltharion spliced humans and dragons together.

I'm fine with the way they are done now, provided they can show their armor when in dragon form.

If it's litterally treated like a glorified druid form that runs around naked/in baked in armor, why the hell would it not just be a typical class?

To be fair, while they weren’t shown in armor in the videos or pictures, there were 13 tier sets in the press kit. I bet they will have armor shown.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SigvardDH View Post

The humanoid dragon elf should be a new race for horde or alliance. With many class options.

I’m curious if anyone see’s any flaws with this over what is currently planned. Seems like how it should work in my opinion. Other than the new lore that neltharion spliced humans and dragons together.
    I don't see any flaws, other than it would have been far more work for the dev team.

I'm generally fine with their actual implementation, and look forward to seeing their abilities and talents.

7+ Year Old Account

The humanoid dragon elf should burn in hell

the "humanoid form" should be any race, then the new "class" would be available to all races, because you can pick any as the visage

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    I don't see any flaws, other than it would have been far more work for the dev team.
    They should be working, they cut shadowlands last patch to work on this, i expect something well done and not lazy half-asset because "it would give then more work".
    Last edited by Syegfryed; 2022-04-20 at 03:20 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    They should be working, they cut shadowlands last patch to work on this, i expect something well done and not lazy half-asset because "it would give then more work".
    Yeah, but I don't think allowing this class to be every race really means all that much in the scheme of things. It's sort of a nice to have, not a need to have.

I do wonder how this class will fair in the popularity department. The lack of a third spec may hurt it.

The humnaoid dragon elf should burn in hell

the "humanoid form" should be any race, then the new "class" would be available to all races, because you can pick any as the visage
    Agreed. Scrap the weird Blood Elf / Human Dragon, that should not survive launch. Makes no sense that the Evoker can't choose to be any other race.

7+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, but I don't think allowing this class to be every race really means all that much in the scheme of things. It's sort of a nice to have, not a need to have.
    It means a lot to people who care about other thing than another class locked to fucking elves again

I do wonder how this class will fair in the popularity department. The lack of a third spec may hurt it.
    It will prob be garbage unless is OP like DH was.

The humnaoid dragon elf should burn in hell

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah that’s what I meant by Evoker for any race. The humanoid form is the race you have chosen.

I mean the races are all there would it really be more work? I’m not a dev and I don’t know everything that goes into it but it just seems to me it’s put together in a very limiting way.

7+ Year Old Account
    Yeah that’s what I meant by Evoker for any race. The humanoid form is the race you have chosen.

I mean the races are all there would it really be more work? I’m not a dev and I don’t know everything that goes into it but it just seems to me it’s put together in a very limiting way.
    It would be more work of course, but snot something absurd, most of those "new customizations" are painted, they could do that to other races just fine

I would be completely fine without those customizations and just use the default base race

if i can't be a black drake tauren this expansion can fuck off.

10+ Year Old Account
    It means a lot to people who care about other thing than another class locked to fucking elves again
    Well they're not really locked to elves....

It will prob be garbage unless is OP like DH was.
    I don't think so. The ability to perform dragonflight without a mount, it's unique mechanics, it's flight-based attacks, and the fact that you're playing as a dragon, gives them a lot of popularity potential.

7+ Year Old Account
    Well they're not really locked to elves....
    right they are locked to male blood elf, and female human, i don't know which is worse

I don't think so. The ability to perform dragonflight without a mount, it's unique mechanics, it's flight-based attacks, and the fact that you're playing as a dragon, gives them a lot of popularity potential.
    Perform dragonflight mean jackshit in their pvp/pve performance

10+ Year Old Account
    right they are locked to male blood elf, and female human, i don't know which is worse
    Well that, and their actual race is draconic. You're just picking a disguise.

Perform dragonflight mean jackshit in their pvp/pve performance
    A class having a flight form is a pretty big dea in PvE man.

7+ Year Old Account
    Well that, and their actual race is draconic. You're just picking a disguise.
    ITs like saying your race is boomkin and ou are picknig tauren/night elf as disguise, or demon race and picking blood elf/night elf as disguise

No one wille at that shit about "new race"

A class having a flight form is a pretty big dea in PvE man.
    try to do that in dgs and raids

I'm happy it's only one race/class combination so it saves all the inevitable "which hunter pet is best pet" questions that I'm sure are waiting to be asked.

Eh, I'm just curious how the "hold down the attack to power up the ability" will play out.. will perfect rotations include hold fire breath hotkey for 1.5 seconds, then hold fire ball for 2 seconds, then next attack, but if X procs hold fire breath for .5 seconds vs 1.5 seconds.. Sounds like a pain in the ass for min/maxers but fun for others?
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Looked cool to me. Although, I'm an altoholic, so tbh I would probably play a new class even if its visuals were a literal flaming dumpster

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by cuafpr View Post
    Eh, I'm just curious how the "hold down the attack to power up the ability" will play out.. will perfect rotations include hold fire breath hotkey for 1.5 seconds, then hold fire ball for 2 seconds, then next attack, but if X procs hold fire breath for .5 seconds vs 1.5 seconds.. Sounds like a pain in the ass for min/maxers but fun for others?
    We'll see: There have been/are ability 'empowerments' before, and there often is a simply 'right' answer anyway. See: Mistweaver, OG soul shards for Warlock, etc. Hopefully this is a better version of that.
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

Quote Originally Posted by cuafpr View Post
    I can't help but shake images of golf simulators with those silly burst indicators on it. The "art" of mastering Evoker will be how well you can time your attacks at the top of the burst slider.

They literally said why it was for the new race only, and why said race can only be that class.
    If I don't respond to something you tagged me in, assume one of two things.
    1) Your post was too stupid to acknowledge, or
    2) Your post is cringe and not worth replying to.

Alternatively, if it happens a lot I probably have you blocked due to one of the above things. Thank you.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryzeth View Post
    They literally said why it was for the new race only, and why said race can only be that class.
    they said they were too lazy? cause that is the reason, they did a demon hunter 2.0 and rpetend is a "new race"