View Poll Results: Who do you think will be the final boss of Dragonflight?

Voters
106. This poll is closed
  • Galakrond

31 29.25%
  • Murozond

43 40.57%
  • Chromatus

14 13.21%
  • Revived Deathwing

4 3.77%
  • Unknown evil dragon

3 2.83%
  • Xal'atath

2 1.89%
  • Revived Y'Shaarj

2 1.89%
  • Unknown Old God

0 0%
  • Corrupted Titan-forged

2 1.89%
  • Azshara

1 0.94%
  • Zovaal

4 3.77%
Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Who do you think will be the final boss?

Of new expansion: Dragonflight?
    Last edited by olddog; 2022-04-20 at 03:54 AM.

Story doesn't matter much to me anymore, so I'm going to hope based off of which would be the most entertaining to fight. Now that they are implementing GW2 mounts, our best hope is that the final boss is Galakrond, designed like a GW2 Elder Dragon fight like Mouth of Mordremoth, the Dragonfall meta event, or the final boss of End of Dragons. Basically it would be a huge raid (30 players or more) and you would use your mounts to traverse huge distances (necessary because of how massive the boss is) and fly from platform to platform. Really cool and feels epic.
    Last edited by Val the Moofia Boss; 2022-04-20 at 04:45 AM.

Murozond for sure.

They said it's another MoP situation where the boss won't be known until the end.

I have a feeling Nozzy will be going through a heel turn arc.

Galakrond could be brought back somehow for sure but won't be the final boss. Same for chromatus.

Murozond is both the likeliest and the best pick. It allows a transition to a mostly non-dragon raid with his fuckery of the timeways and he can have a relatable motive of wanting to go back to earlier storylines.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

None of that. Some of the new races of the isles.

Unknown and inintereting villian without any buildup.
    Thats the blizzard anno 2022, and with1 lovecraft i wonder if we even get a villian….

I think that the last boss won't be a dragon. My bet goes to something Void related that will tie us into the next expansion.

Edit: I change my prediction to Azshara, turned into an Old God.
    Last edited by UndedoKoleda; 2022-04-20 at 11:00 AM.
    unclench your jaw

well:

https://twitter.com/TheRedShirtGuy/s...77518152441864

so ya, even without this many people predicting Murozond and he does make sense as the big bad of the expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm really hoping it's not a boring dragon of any type and instead chains off into something like the Void
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think Murozond is the most likely, and as for Galakrond I'd expect him to be some kind of time-travel boss, using the Timeways to fight him in the past.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Murozond, Galakrond or Chromatus... Or all of them because why not.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Daffan View Post
    I'm really hoping it's not a boring dragon of any type and instead chains off into something like the Void
    I doubt it, but I'd like it... For some reason Blizzard seems to be avoiding doing the inevitable "void vs light" expansion and instead are busy doing anything else, be it Shadowlands or Dragonflight.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Murozond, Galakrond or Chromatus... Or all of them because why not.

- - - Updated - - -

I doubt it, but I'd like it... For some reason Blizzard seems to be avoiding doing the inevitable "void vs light" expansion and instead are busy doing anything else, be it Shadowlands or Dragonflight.
    I did not really play Shadowlands but I saw the videos lol, wasn't the jailer meant to be setting up something when he died or something in his last cinematic.

oh well
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.

I hope its someone that we don't expect. It would be too obvious to have another dragon as the final boss, and we already had Deathwing who was the most well known dragon. Maybe watcher Tyr somehow ressurects and turns out to be another Algalon who wants to reshape the world because the mortals fucked up (have him look at the giant sword in Silithus and be like WTF). Maybe an entire council of watchers that we haven't seen yet.

Stonebro could also play a major role.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    I did not really play Shadowlands but I saw the videos lol, wasn't the jailer meant to be setting up something when he died or something in his last cinematic.

oh well
    Yeah, but we don't know what - though I doubt he meant Dragonflight.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Yeah, turns out he saw "something" coming and he wanted to recreate reality under his control, to be united to fight it. Kinda like how Wraithion tried to have the Alliance defeat and take over the Horde, to be united for when the Legion returned.

Quote Originally Posted by Varx View Post
    Galakrond could be brought back somehow for sure but won't be the final boss. Same for chromatus.
    Galakrond, I dunno. I don't think they could do an encounter for him justice. But I think Chromatus could be a lot of fun, trying to fight a big, 5-headed dragon. I can't remember, did each head have it's own personality?

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    I think Murozond is the most likely, and as for Galakrond I'd expect him to be some kind of time-travel boss, using the Timeways to fight him in the past.
    That could actually make a lot of sense, galakrond is straight bones now, sure some necromancy could come into play or some time magic reversing his demise but actually traveling back to the original flight with nozdormu changing sides and fighting US off could be pretty epic.

Murizond simply isnt a big enough bad on his own, we already beat him in Cata in a dungeon chain, making him the biggest bad is meh imo, but allowing him to bring out the biggest bad would make a ton of sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    I doubt it, but I'd like it... For some reason Blizzard seems to be avoiding doing the inevitable "void vs light" expansion
    Because the Void has been hyped as the be-all and end-all "bad guy". Pretty much everything bad that's happened in Warcraft has been, directly or indirectly, because of the Void.

Random dude which was behind Zovaal all this time.

I'm betting this expansion is going to be about the bronze dragonflight and Nozdormu turning into Murozond and allying with the void(and the infinite dragonflight)

That seems both like an interesting story with characters that players can relate to(at least know and have some background for) and could lead into a void expansion

win/win

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    I keep waffling between Chromatus and Galakrond, myself; I'm unsure of which I'd actually rather see, though. A dark horse option would also be the ever-popular body swerve boss, like how N'Zoth ended up being the capstone of BfA despite the majority of the expansion being a faction conflict one and not Old God-flavored.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead