Page 3 of 44 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I actually like this system. You get 4 completely new dungeons + 4 dungeons from old expansions that you probably havent run in a long time if ever. And season 2 is completely fresh with the other 4 dragonflight dungeons + 4 other old dungeons. Maybe season 3 has a new mega dungeon + 2-3 dragonflight ones and some other old ones.
    In a perfect world we would have 8 new dungeons every season for m+ but that's just unrealistic so this is the next best thing imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Keep in mind that there is new Uldaman art in the press kit, so "old dungeon" might mean 'revamped old dungeon'.
    They spoke about the new part of Uldaman, recently uncovered. It will also be featured in the pre-expansion event.

I wonder though, will they pull dungeons from recent expansions or the old ones two? For example, over the years we had several dragon-themed dungeons, excluding the Occulus for obvious reasons:

Grim Batol
    Neltharion's Lair
    The Nexus
    Upper Blackrock Spire

I'm not a fan. It's weird to me that half of the new dungeons will be mostly ignored after the first week except when the dungeon weekly event is on. I'd much rather the first season be all 8 Dragonflight dungeons, then switch it up with old dungeons in season 2 and onwards once people have had a chance to play all the new ones at their desired levels.

People say this keeps it fresh, is running 10-15 year old dungeons that you've done 1000 times before really fresh? Personally I don't get excited about running MoP dungeons, or WotLK dungeons or really any previous expansion's dungeons, I did them all plenty when they were current content.

The link says that all 8 DF dungeons will be available at launch, the rotation is for M+ difficulty only.

This isn't an issue. There's 8 dungeons, they're swapping 4 old in at the start with 4 new to give us twice the shelf life of the DF dungeons.

Quote Originally Posted by CalamityHeart View Post
    Considering the info we currently have on 10.0 and Dragonflight as a whole, which is almost none, I'm not ready yet to assume that a lack of dev talk about future development is any indication of a lack of development. If they're making more dungeons in future patches, I don't expect to hear about it yet, nor do I expect a hollow promise of "Don't worry, guys, there's definitely more dungeons coming in post-launch patches!" to actually assuage anyone who thinks that Blizzard needs to assuage them right now.

I'm at the point now where I'm just taking in info as it comes. I'll reserve judgment and consternation on the matter when we're a little closer to actually seeing something.
    It just seems like a logical conclusion to me that if you are already planning 4 and 4 for the first 2 seasons that kind of hints they don't plan on more at least for the second season.

Quote Originally Posted by Zankai27 View Post
    My dude, there are at least 8 Dragonflight dungeons. If you actually *read* the Wowhead article, it says 4 DF dungeons and 4 old ones in Season 1, and in Season 2, 4 different DF ones and 4 different old ones. It's just rotating and not keeping the rotation locked on one xpac the whole time. The dungeons are still there to run normally and there's just as many new ones.

People need to chill the fuck out
    If you only actually read my post. Or is it too complicated?

Ion explains it here in a hazel interview:
    https://youtu.be/bMKKjtXL6j8?t=1472

8 new dungeons.
    s1 m+: 4 of those will be in s1, and 4 old dungeons reworked (even those who werent m+ before)
    s2 m+: the other 4 of dragonflight, and 4 other old dungeons.

its a good change.
    Would 8 new in s1 and 8 new in s2 be better? of course. it is realistic? no.
    Dungeon Art work and general design is a lot of work. Changing old dungeons into new m+ is a lot easier.

S1 in shadowlands was so much fun, i ran like 40 dungeons first week and i dont know 200-300 overall.
    in S2 i ran like 2 and was immediately bored to do the same dungeons because affixes cant change the dungeon so drasticly to make them feel new again.
    Last edited by Genju; 2022-04-20 at 07:41 PM.

There are many peanuts in the thread.

For those people.

I will try to explain.

Slowly.

The issue is, blizz is basically timegating NEW dungeons. I want to play NEW dungeons when i buy new expansion.

Yes, there will be 8 dungeons for m+ in 10.0 S1, BUT out of those 8 only 4 will be out of the 8 NEW comming in 10.0.

Danger here is, why give us mega dungeon in 10.1, when we will have the rest of the new dungeons.

I buy expac to play NEW content. Do i have to pay 6 months sub to fully experience NEW m+ content? Because NEW m+ content at launch is 4 dungeons.

Curious is the re-work for the old dungeons will effect lower levels as well. Some older dungeons I would rather not see streamlined for M+ design.

Quote Originally Posted by Trenbolone View Post
    There are many peanuts in the thread.

For those people.

I will try to explain.

Slowly.

The issue is, blizz is basically timegating NEW dungeons. I want to play NEW dungeons when i buy new expansion.

Yes, there will be 8 dungeons for m+ in 10.0 S1, BUT out of those 8 only 4 will be out of the 8 NEW comming in 10.0.

Danger here is, why give us mega dungeon in 10.1, when we will have the rest of the new dungeons.

I buy expac to play NEW content. Do i have to pay 6 months sub to fully experience NEW m+ content? Because NEW m+ content at launch is 4 dungeons.
    They are playable at launch, just not in mythic+?

What? Seriously. What?!

https://www.wowhead.com/news/old-dun...26781#comments

Didnt they learn from MEGA dungeons? You run those twice at best before their M+ implementation. Normal/Heroic dungeons are obsolete after 2 weeks into the expansion.

Leave old dungeons for TW god dammit!

Give us new dungeons with every major content patch instead!
    buahaahahaaha this is the best proof of how little effort they are putting into this expansion.

cutting corenrs there to - why design 8 dungeons when you can design 4

this is another sign proving how this expansion shapes up to be complete flop

What? Seriously. What?!

https://www.wowhead.com/news/old-dun...26781#comments

Didnt they learn from MEGA dungeons? You run those twice at best before their M+ implementation. Normal/Heroic dungeons are obsolete after 2 weeks into the expansion.

Leave old dungeons for TW god dammit!

Give us new dungeons with every major content patch instead!
    Having old dungeons in the rotation is great, but yeah we should get all Dragonflight dungeons for m+

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderment2 View Post
    They are playable at launch, just not in mythic+?
    Yeah. Like tazavesh, that you ran twice and then laid dormant for 6 months. Great content.

Sadly, M+ is the only relevant dungeon content.

And arent you bothered at the apparent lazyness here? We are most likely not getting mega dungeon in 10.1 now. Very likely, they are never going to add any 5 man dungeons in content patches if this will be the trend. Pretty sad to be honest.

All 8 dungeons are availabe in normal/heroic/Mythic 0. So they are already designed.

If you shit on them, at least choose one of the many other flaws.

Yeah. Like tazavesh, that you ran twice and then laid dormant for 6 months. Great content.

And arent you bothered at the apparent lazyness here? We are most likely not getting mega dungeon in 10.1 now. Very likely, they are never going to add any 5 man dungeons in content patches if this will be the trend. Pretty sad to be honest.
    What is the realistic alternative to keeping m+ fresh for multiple seasons? They way it is now, S1 is fun, and all other seasons are boring.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    buahaahahaaha this is the best proof of how little effort they are putting into this expansion.

Right so. There are atleast 8 dungeons not all are in mythic+ rotation

Quote Originally Posted by Genju View Post
    All 8 dungeons are availabe in normal/heroic/Mythic 0. So they are already designed.

If you shit on them, at least choose one of the many other flaws.
    Peanuts taste good!

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post

Do any of you read anything before going completly of the rails? There ARE 8 dungeons...
    Like seriously. If you are THAT desperate to find problems in wow just leave. Don't engange with the game or forums like these anymore. Better for you and everyone else. Can't be healthy.
    Seriously what the fuck? This is QAnon level of bulshittery. Read one sentence. Disregard and ignore EVERYTHING else an go mad.

And the other 4 are probably mostly dungeons that never have been in Mythic+ in the first place. After running the dungeon 4 times you know it anyway. So why NOT bring back fan favourite dungeons`?

I don't think I would call it laziness. M+ had a pretty steep drop off in participation from launch to the first major patch in both BfA and SLs.

I am going to guess adding variety is their way of attempting to keep participation up the entire expansion.