Page 29 of 44 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Celement View Post
    Ive not said otherwise... though I imagine raids are harder given the number of players they are certainly comparable.
    Given class variance, I'd imagine it is harder to design content made to be balanced for an unpredictable composition than a fairly predictable composition. Raids are fairly predictable in terms of comp. Dungeons are not. Dungeons also need to be susceptible to affixes, which adds a whole layer of complexity, and given the timed aspect of M+ you have another layer that has to strongly counter exploits that could skip time. It's a mess of factors that looks like a nightmare to develop and balance for.

The bottom line is that what you are asking for is an absolute fantasy and is clearly never going to happen.
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

I would rather have the 8 new along with rotating time walking ones,yes. It isnt as good as having new dungeons but it's the better of two bad choices.

- - - Updated - - -

Unless they are giving the mobs new abilities alongside the bosses it's just a rehash. By itself it isn't bad but it can't take the place of new content.

Hell we already saw this play out with naxx in wrath.
    But it's not taking the place of new content!

BfA: 10 brand new Mythic + dungeons over expac
    SL: 10 brand new Mythic + dungeons over expac
    DF: 10 brand new Mythic + dungeons over expac

They're not replacing any content, they're adding a seasonal rotation with reworked old dungeons so players aren't running the same 8 dungeons for 2+ years.

I think this is a great addition, and pretending this is replacing content or cutting content is disingenuous. They're adding a rotation with the idea of keeping the dungeons from becoming stale.

Quote Originally Posted by Talon8669 View Post
    I don't know why you're intent on changing my opinion. I have played all of these dungeons hundreds if not thousands of times. I am sincerely not interested in having them as Mythic dungeons. I would much rather get just brand new dungeons and burn out on those than have to do the ones I am already burnt out on. I don't know why that is a hard concept for you to understand. You don't even have to agree with me. Can can legit go "ok that's cool for you, I disagree I like the change." And that could be it. but for some reason beyond my comprehension you're dead set on arguing with me on the internet like any of this even matters. And the only reason I am even responding at this point is because this god awful zoom meeting I have to sit in is going to last for another 20 minutes.
    Because that’s what you’re literally asking me to do. You asked me to explain to you why your opinion was short sighted. You have claimed that you have done these dungeon thousands of times (which is weird that you’re running mop dungeons that often in 2022 but w/e) and your solution is to just ask for 8 new dungeons to spam for the next TWO years so you can get burnt out on them. You are recreate your problem which is why your opinion is short sighted and quite honestly dumb.

If someone ate nothing but hamburgers for a year straight, then nothing but spaghetti for a year straight, then nothing but sandwiches for a year straight, and I walked up to them and said “hey how about we cycle through these meals and add in a new food to the cycle” and that person said “no just give me a new food to eat for a year, I’m burnt out on that food” I would refer them to a psych ward for being fucking insane. And yet you’re sitting here displaying this same behavior and defending it.

I’m not trying to convince you of anything. It’s your choice to have silly opinions. But you legit asked me to tell you why it’s silly. And I did just that.

Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    Given class variance, I'd imagine it is harder to design content made to be balanced for an unpredictable composition than a fairly predictable composition. Raids are fairly predictable in terms of comp. Dungeons are not. Dungeons also need to be susceptible to affixes, which adds a whole layer of complexity, and given the timed aspect of M+ you have another layer that has to strongly counter exploits that could skip time. It's a mess of factors that looks like a nightmare to develop and balance for.

The bottom line is that what you are asking for is an absolute fantasy and is clearly never going to happen.
    Do you want to go back a few posts and keep on that train of thought or swap to making content for a big name game is resource intensive?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Finlandia WOAT View Post
    But it's not taking the place of new content!

BfA: 10 brand new Mythic + dungeons over expac
    SL: 10 brand new Mythic + dungeons over expac
    DF: 10 brand new Mythic + dungeons over expac

They're not replacing any content, they're adding a seasonal rotation with reworked old dungeons so players aren't running the same 8 dungeons for 2+ years.

I think this is a great addition, and pretending this is replacing content or cutting content is disingenuous. They're adding a rotation with the idea of keeping the dungeons from becoming stale.
    Right it is a good feature I'm not knocking it I'm pointing out it needs more new content with it then 4 dungeons.

Do you want to go back a few posts and keep on that train of thought or swap to making content for a big name game is resource intensive?

- - - Updated - - -

Right it is a good feature I'm not knocking it I'm pointing out it needs more new content with it then 4 dungeons.
    But why? What’s the reason for that?

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayr View Post
    Because that’s what you’re literally asking me to do. You asked me to explain to you why your opinion was short sighted. You have claimed that you have done these dungeon thousands of times (which is weird that you’re running mop dungeons that often in 2022 but w/e) and your solution is to just ask for 8 new dungeons to spam for the next TWO years so you can get burnt out on them. You are recreate your problem which is why your opinion is short sighted and quite honestly dumb.

If someone ate nothing but hamburgers for a year straight, then nothing but spaghetti for a year straight, then nothing but sandwiches for a year straight, and I walked up to them and said “hey how about we cycle through these meals and add in a new food to the cycle” and that person said “no just give me a new food to eat for a year, I’m burnt out on that food” I would refer them to a psych ward for being fucking insane. And yet you’re sitting here displaying this same behavior and defending it.

I’m not trying to convince you of anything. It’s your choice to have silly opinions. But you legit asked me to tell you why it’s silly. And I did just that.
    But we're not talking about food we're talking about a video game that I am going to log into every now and then run a few dungeons and log out. Your comparison is complete shit. And you solution of running content I don't ever want to run again versus content I have never run and saying well just mix them up is fucking retarded. I do not every want to run a MOP, CATA, W/E dungeon again especially as a mythic. If I want to run that shit I will wait for them to be released as Classic content. So nice try but ya failed.

But why? What’s the reason for that?
    For wanting more then four new dungeons?

But we're not talking about food we're talking about a video game that I am going to log into every now and then run a few dungeons and log out. Your comparison is complete shit. And you solution of running content I don't ever want to run again versus content I have never run and saying well just mix them up is fucking retarded. I do not every want to run a MOP, CATA, W/E dungeon again especially as a mythic. If I want to run that shit I will wait for them to be released as Classic content. So nice try but ya failed.
    He didn't fail in anything, he explained to you why your opinion is short-sighted. And your answer is pretty much: "Yeah, but it's my opinion and I enjoy it being short-sigthed!". Which is fine, really, it's not a crime to have short-sigthed opinions. But lets just call them what they are.

Trust me, if you didn’t get it after I fully layed out your contradictions and your obvious short sighted behavior it isn’t a failure on my part lol. That’s an issue with you.

And the comparison works just fine. You straight up said you hate running new content after 2 years because you get burnt out on it, so this is the only solution which is to add some variety to your dungeons by intertwining new with old. You are going to endlessly recreate a situation you yourself even admitted to hating. If you honest to god don’t see the issue there, I don’t even think I can explain 1+1 to you.

- - - Updated - - -

Four new dungeons in the mythic pool, yes

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    People in this thread simply cannot fathom that other players might not want to do old content rehashed as new content and would rather just do new content.

I like it. good

I'm just pointing out how hard you are strawmaning responding to arguments I've never made to make absurd counter arguments I'm not bothering to respond to.
    Is it because you were wrong?

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Trust me, if you didn’t get it after I fully layed out your contradictions and your obvious short sighted behavior it isn’t a failure on my part lol. That’s an issue with you.

And the comparison works just fine. You straight up said you hate running new content after 2 years because you get burnt out on it, so this is the only solution which is to add some variety to your dungeons by intertwining new with old. You are going to endlessly recreate a situation you yourself even admitted to hating. If you honest to god don’t see the issue there, I don’t even think I can explain 1+1 to you.

- - - Updated - - -

Four new dungeons in the mythic pool, yes
    Honestly I think you'd probably the dumbest person I have had to interact with today. I don't know how you cannot understand why someone wouldn't want to do older content again that has been rehashed and presented as new content. I don't see fun in that at all. What Blizzard should do is 8 new dungeons and then release more new dungeons throughout the expansion and then at some point make the revolving door 8 dungeons for mythic and sub dungeons in and out to make the grind of those dungeons less painful. But hey man if you're ok with doing old dungeons that's cool, good for you. I think you're a tool but that's cool. I don't want to do the older dungeons been there done that, will do it again if they become classic content. And guess what sport, we can disagree. Which is what you're going to have to settle for. So pat yourself on the back, you got your internet participation trophy.

Honestly I think you'd probably the dumbest person I have had to interact with today. I don't know how you cannot understand why someone wouldn't want to do older content again that has been rehashed and presented as new content. I don't see fun in that at all. What Blizzard should do is 8 new dungeons and then release more new dungeons throughout the expansion and then at some point make the revolving door 8 dungeons for mythic and sub dungeons in and out to make the grind of those dungeons less painful. But hey man if you're ok with doing old dungeons that's cool, good for you. I think you're a tool but that's cool. I don't want to do the older dungeons been there done that, will do it again if they become classic content. And guess what sport, we can disagree. Which is what you're going to have to settle for. So pat yourself on the back, you got your internet participation trophy.
    So like.....you DON'T want to play old content if it's reworked for current endgame because you're burned out on it but you DO want to play it in Classic where it's -exactly the same- as it was when you got burnt out on it.

lol

You’re living in a world of delusion. Let me know when you get back to reality. What you just suggested isn’t realistic even in the slightest bit. I prefer to stay in reality and promote system that can actually happen and be beneficial to the game.

Also, I understand you’re upset, but if you go around calling someone “the dumbest person they met today” after I literally just pointed out clear contradictions in your own logic, that only looks bad on you not me. Just a little tip.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Alexjimithing View Post
    So like.....you DON'T want to play old content if it's reworked for current endgame because you're burned out on it but you DO want to play it in Classic where it's -exactly the same- as it was when you got burnt out on it.

lol
    Omg I missed that part…. This dude just keeps getting better and better LOL.

“I DONT EVER WANT TO PLAY IT AGAIN”

“I’ll play it again BUT NOT HERE I WONT”

I honestly don’t think he will makes this connection

Splitting Hairs: The Thread.

The only real "problem" with this is that they arent doing the 8 DF dungeons for the first season -- it should have waited until S2 to do old dungeons, but thats really nothing too problematic.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    You’re living in a world of delusion. Let me know when you get back to reality. What you just suggested isn’t realistic even in the slightest bit. I prefer to stay in reality and promote system that can actually happen and be beneficial to the game.

Also, I understand you’re upset, but if you go around calling someone “the dumbest person they met today” after I literally just pointed out clear contradictions in your own logic, that only looks bad on you not me. Just a little tip.

- - - Updated - - -

Omg I missed that part…. This dude just keeps getting better and better LOL.

“I DONT EVER WANT TO PLAY IT AGAIN”

“I’ll play it again BUT NOT HERE I WONT”

I honestly don’t think he will makes this connection
    So you think it's unrealistic for blizzard to make dungeons for release and then make more dungeons and release them later in the xpac? You're right they have never done that before. And I caught the wording. Difference with classic is if I wanted to play classic I could. By dumping that old content into current I either have to ignore half of the current mythic content or be forced to play it. Huge difference there. And honestly I probably will play the classic and just pvp like I have up to this point. But nice try champ. Anyways Zoom is over now I have to go do real people things so have a good day sport.

Quote Originally Posted by TidalConflux View Post
    Splitting Hairs: The Thread.

The only real "problem" with this is that they arent doing the 8 DF dungeons for the first season -- it should have waited until S2 to do old dungeons, but thats really nothing too problematic.
    I can get why people would want the new content to be front loaded but I think it would be more jarring to then switch to season 2 and have nothing but older dungeons (even if significantly updated). Personally, I think the mix of modern and older stuff should be kind of nice.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWorkingTitle View Post
    This is so messed up. Legion and BFA had 10 new dungeons, SL had 8. Now we only get 4? Anything less than all 8 new dungeons for Season 1 of Mythic+ is unacceptable
    What you gonna do about it? Will you unsubscribe? Doubt it.

So you think it's unrealistic for blizzard to make dungeons for release and then make more dungeons and release them later in the xpac? You're right they have never done that before. And I caught the wording. Difference with classic is if I wanted to play classic I could. By dumping that old content into current I either have to ignore half of the current mythic content or be forced to play it. Huge difference there. And honestly I probably will play the classic and just pvp like I have up to this point. But nice try champ. Anyways Zoom is over now I have to go do real people things so have a good day sport.
    I would hold back from calling people condescending names when they actually talked circles around you, I’m just trying to help you understand lol. It’s one thing to be ignorant. It’s another to be ignorant and think you’re correct.

It’s fine if you don’t want old content, but your reasons made literally no sense and contradicted your statements. Do you understand this?
    Last edited by Rayr; 2022-04-22 at 06:18 PM.