Page 1 of 10
... LastLast

The hate towards some of the devs

I was skipping the some of my favourite streamers during the night and I just couldn't believe some of the comments towards the devs, they are trying there best to get the game right, then theres the personal attacks towards some of the devs it's not on they don't deserve these kind of comments, they need to grow up, one day the Internet will change for the better and find these keyboard warriors and take action and to be honest I hope i'm around to see it happen

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It is a sad trend, where people hate for no reason.

SL has a lot to hate, but most of the haters are showing their irrationallity. They will find a reason to hate no matter what, even if they tailor the game for them.

I think it is time to stop ignoring them, then they will go away.

This expansion is bringing some of the core issues to the surface and working on them right away. Its the first time that we can be optimistic ever since Legion... So fuck the haters, let´s be positive and optimistic. If it turns out to suck again, don´t play it, get a life instead

10+ Year Old Account
    Some DEV´s are great, have vision and can translate this into the game.

Some DEV´s are very professional and try their best. Even though, this isn´t enough for a company like Blizzard

Some DEV´s are incompetent and after WoD, BFA and SHL, should be long gone. Hell, in any multimillion company like Blizzard, 2 consecutive failures, heads should roll.

Some DEV´s got exactly what they deserve, trash talking their clients on social media, is not good pratice, you don´t mix your personal opinions with work and go virtue-signalling everything, this is the internet, you´ll fall from moral highground so fast that you can´t even feel your feet.

And some devs are awesome, talented and passionate, and therefore have left the company a couple of expansions ago.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Iain View Post
    And some devs are awesome, talented and passionate, and therefore have left the company a couple of expansions ago.
    Agree, I dare say, more than a couple.

How do you even know they do their best…..
    Some of them are more focused on getting their political agenda in the game then actually make a good game and that is fact.

Ion looks like he has some kind of diabetic disease on the latest video. Tell him to cut elevating his blood sugar if you know him. I can't reach him otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    Ion looks like he has some kind of diabetic disease on the latest video. Tell him to cut elevating his blood sugar if you know him. I can't reach him otherwise.
    He looks like the game is slowly killing him.
    The absolute state of Warcraft lore in 2021:
    Kyrians: We need to keep chucking people into the Maw because it's our job.
    Also Kyrians: Why is the Maw growing stronger despite all our efforts?

Quote Originally Posted by tromage2 View Post
    How do you even know they do their best…..
    Some of them are more focused on getting their political agenda in the game then actually make a good game and that is fact.
    Why do I feel like that sentiment has more to with not liking characters who provide even a little bit of representation for communities that actually play and enjoy this game, and not say a nuanced critique of the game's leanings towards a unipolar world spanning empire and reinforcement of nationalism through the glorification of inter-state territorial conquest?

Oh. Right. It's cause if it were the latter it would be far more likely to come with the baseline understanding that everything is political and that if you see something as non-political it's generally because the status quo already matches your desires. Just do yourself a favour dude and Stop. This idea of being "Anti-Woke" has no merit anywhere but least of all having you drag it up while kicking and screaming because you wanted a 'safe space'.
    One day I look forward to seeing full grown adults realize that their averse reactions to levity and positive/contemplative expressions of emotion are a cry for therapy.

Quote Originally Posted by scorpioz10 View Post
    then theres the personal attacks towards some of the devs it's not on they don't deserve these kind of comments,
    this is unacceptable

first of all, it's just a game

second of all, you want to provide constructive criticism? go ahead, but don't call out people for doing their job, albeit poorly

It gets even more disgusting when it's some streamer who has any kind of influence and it inspires stupid kids to go out and actually harras those devs

Like, there's plenty of WoW devs I do not like, and I do not like their contribution to the game. But I don't believe it's helping anyone when you single someone out like that. Deffinitely not helping the game.

im gonna say it because you're all chickens, the hate was mainly towards the trans dev and just because it's trendy or edgy to hate trans people who don't look like kardashians
    Last edited by hllfrmththrsd; 2022-04-20 at 10:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by scorpioz10 View Post
    I was skipping the some of my favourite streamers during the night and I just couldn't believe some of the comments towards the devs, they are trying there best to get the game right, then theres the personal attacks towards some of the devs it's not on they don't deserve these kind of comments, they need to grow up, one day the Internet will change for the better and find these keyboard warriors and take action and to be honest I hope i'm around to see it happen
    Only they are not trying their best lol. Most of these Devs HATE feedback and see it as criticism rather than players wanting to the game to get better. The "I know betterb because I am a game Dev" mentality is why they get treated the way they do. Players are tired of the same old bs every expansion after doing their job for them during Alpha/Beta phases.

Quote Originally Posted by hllfrmththrsd View Post
    im gonna say it because you're all chickens, the hate was mainly towards the trans dev and just because it's trendy or edgy to hate trans people who don't like like kardashians
    Transphobia in a gaming community? Naaaaahhhh that would never happen, where would you get that idea besides spending even two seconds looking at gaming communities. You are right, for the most part, and unfortunately MMO-C is more infested than most places.

That said; throw any and all of your hate (that does not include harassment, threats, or violence) to Danuser. Dude is legitimately a bad writer and it's creepy to make a self insert just to date a character.
    One day I look forward to seeing full grown adults realize that their averse reactions to levity and positive/contemplative expressions of emotion are a cry for therapy.

Simping for devs and assuming they are all really talented and passionate and trying their best is just as bad.

Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    Simping for devs and assuming they are all really talented and passionate and trying their best is just as bad.
    This. The game is on life support by the parent company. I bet most of the current devs don't even understand how the game had nearly 20 million players at its peak when they say ludicrous things on the latest video like "I can't wait to go SHOPPING in the new zones!".

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Uhhhh, most of the people who left "a couple of expansions ago" probably left for very, very different reasons to being "awesome and talented". Passionate maybe, but not about making games.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    The opposite is worse and shows a total lack of understanding how businesses work. Shit on management if you like, but shitting on devs just shows you're not someone who understands how businesses/work actually operate, and indeed opens the question up as to whether you even have a job.
    "A youtuber said so."

"... some wow experts being interviewed..."

"According to researchers from Wowhead..."

5+ Year Old Account
    just watch how holinka gonna ruin pvp in YET another expansion:
    but Holinka says he is not upset if a few trinkets from PVE are competitive for PvP.

He doesn't gives a shit about it, split fc pvp/pve GEAR!!, there legion teamplates - nope, yet they allow PVE items to rule in PVP...; each times he was removed from PVP team, PVP was getting better. WHY they not fired him? is he inlaw with someone in Blizz HQ?
    Last edited by cocomen2; 2022-04-20 at 11:11 AM.
    Please, there a perfect example of hypocritical thinking:
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    If Tinkers had anything to do with Hunters, but they don’t. Unlike Bards which are linked to Rogues.

Quote Originally Posted by Eurhetemec View Post
    Uhhhh, most of the people who left "a couple of expansions ago" probably left for very, very different reasons to being "awesome and talented". Passionate maybe, but not about making games.
    Or they were the subject of the 'passionate' who remained.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Or they were the subject of the 'passionate' who remained.
    Uhhh, your grammar is so bad here that I literally don't know what you're trying to say, I can't even guess.
    "A youtuber said so."

"... some wow experts being interviewed..."

"According to researchers from Wowhead..."

10+ Year Old Account
    I feel like people are making a mountain out of a molehill with these kinds of topics. Yeah, of course there will be some idiots who attack the devs or make fun of their appearance (how about we point a camera at their face instead?), etc. but they're a remarkably loud minority. These kinds of comments don't represent the majority of the playerbase at all. Not even half. Not even 10%.

Most of us are mature enough to voice our concerns with the expansion without attacking any of the devs. So my advice is to just ignore comments like these, ignore/block the person who said them, and move on. They're not worth even talking about.