Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    For me it all comes down to how good they design the system.
    THE HORDE WILL ENDURE
    THE HORDE IS STRONG!

Quote Originally Posted by Feril View Post
    How about changing the walking and running mechanics into QWOP, and the casting mechanics into an action typing game? Would you like doing repetitive and mundane tasks in the most micromanaged manner possible, all the time, every time?
    Talk about cynical, you haven't seen it in action yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Feril View Post
    How about changing the walking and running mechanics into QWOP, and the casting mechanics into an action typing game? Would you like doing repetitive and mundane tasks in the most micromanaged manner possible, all the time, every time?
    Physics/skill based flying is fun believe me. WoW is getting stale we need more interactions not less.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/@Nateanderthal

As someone who left due to the flight changes in WoD, this system is probably not enough to bring me back to the game.

On the bright side, this system guarantees that the new zones will be built for flight, so Blizzard is likely to just unblock the mechanic and allow regular flight after the expansion is done (or nearly so)… so I might return when that happens, in 3 or so years.
    Last edited by Wingspan; 2022-04-21 at 02:42 AM.

It's just kinetic flying, it will depend on how it feels in practice and how limiting it is to seee if it's a fun new addition or another chore. I tend to learn towards favoring more relatisic modes of movement (normal mounts are also super lame as far as movment go) and air-swimming was certainly not that, so I think I will be fine, but it remains to be seen.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    It's literally taken straight from Guild wars 2 which is fine because they did it right to begin with. Cannot stay in the air forever it is a skill based type of flying and if you're bad at it you're gonna have to get good just like in every other aspect of wow. They need more skill based things like this in a wow personally
    I'd hope they'd just straight up copy paste it from GW2. I fear it's going to be some kind of butchered, or, well Blizzarded version of that though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    And in no way Blizz should have disabled normal flying. Go dragonride as much as you want, but please allow others to just relax and fly.

- - - Updated - - -

Cool. Just allow us to fly, while you can dragonglide all day for all I care.
    No. You can stomp your foot all day long for all I care. This is how it is at the beginning of every expansion, and it's not going to change just because you want it to. if you don't like it, play another game. We've got hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of 1000 page threads about flying, and we don't need any more.
    How joyous to be in such a place! Where phishing is not only allowed, it is encouraged!

People being against this feature wouldn't recognize fun if it hit them in the head. "I just want to get from point A to point B" - like did you even ever have fun in a game?

Whelp it looks like we found this expansions borrowed power then.

Herald of the Titans RaoBurning's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinrael View Post
    People being against this feature wouldn't recognize fun if it hit them in the head. "I just want to get from point A to point B" - like did you even ever have fun in a game?
    Yes. At points A and B. Sometimes C, rarely F. We don't talk about the D-incident.

Tongue removed from cheek, hey I'll take any kind of day 1 flight I can get. I don't know about Guild Wars 2, but reading the descriptions gives me big Super Mario cape vibes and I'm down with that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    This is America. We always have warm dead bodies.
    if we had confidence that the President clearly did not commit a crime, we would have said that.

7+ Year Old Account
    I would not ahve much of a problem if it was done right, And grant it, i at least don't know how the shit will work, but...

...If they had looked at mop they had the perfect idea to do this, and people would not complay about 'falling with style" we straight up train a dragon from his egg until he become a fully mount.

They could have used just that to limit our flight, we get an "egg" when we come into the isles, we get a whelp, and because its young, it can't fly well yet or can't fly for long periods of time, and you train him until you can(get the actual flying).

I at least would be thrilled, i loved the pandaria quests.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like the Idea of using the GW2 flight mechanics. Though I wonder if there could be an option of just Hovering mid air. If you move you start the Decent and you have to work back up to that height you were at, but if you want to park and run to the bathroom or something you could.
    Omians- 70 Troll Enhancement shaman, Emerald Dream

5+ Year Old Account
    And in no way Blizz should have disabled normal flying. Go dragonride as much as you want, but please allow others to just relax and fly.

- - - Updated - - -

Cool. Just allow us to fly, while you can dragonglide all day for all I care.
    Not how it works bro. If normal flying is an option, you'll be an idiot if you don't use it.

It kind of reminds me of Zelda SS flying the way they're describing it, even the way it looks. I have a feeling they're modeling it very similarly. Perhaps we get those wind vortexes to give us a vertical boost.

Flying has been a major design problem in WoW and one of the worst things they ever did to ruin the game. WoD was a misstep, you can't put the genie back in the bottle. You can't give people flying then take it away. But you can fix flying.

Zones are designed with it in mind, in scale and scope, and flying is no longer brainless AFK straight line across the zone while you alt-tab. This is literally the perfect solution, the only way you could not like it is if you actively hate the game you're playing.

Hopefully they adapt the system to all zones and remove AFK noclip flying entirely.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by enigma77 View Post
    Not how it works bro. If normal flying is an option, you'll be an idiot if you don't use it.
    Of course, we won't use it. We didn't want to use dragonriding in the first place. Now you, one of the hypocrites with brown noses would fly normally too even though you had stick your tongue where up in Blizzard's saying that dragonriding is good.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Caradras View Post
    Until i have seen how it actually works i cant really judge it, but so far i think its terrible. Flying is often the most efficient way to get were i want to be to do the thing i want to do. Making it some sort of minigame will get old real quick, no matter how much fun it might be in the start. It will be either be more time consuming and/or less efficient than current flying. As long we get normal flying after a pathfinder achievement or something similair it is fine to have this fall with style kind of flying in the meanwhile.
    cool. this thread isn't about you being judgy. This thread is about how Blizzard being adversarial towards its playabase by not allowing normal flying in the Dragon Isle because they don't know how to make Dragonriding fun enough that people would not care to just flying normal flying if it was an option too.

We have 0 proof flying isn’t coming but yes dragon riding is the base form of advanced travel

Boo hoo they created content for flying the horror

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    Physics/skill based flying is fun believe me. WoW is getting stale we need more interactions not less.
    If it is so fun, than Blizzard should allow normal flying too, to prove to the player base it's the better and funnier system.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonsworn 4 Lyfe View Post
    We have 0 proof flying isn’t coming but yes dragon riding is the base form of advanced travel

Boo hoo they created content for flying the horror
    no one is complaining that dragonriding, smartass. People are complaining because blizzard is being adversarial to its player base by not allowing normal flight on the next new zones.

wE dOnT kN stfu, we all managed to make an educated guess when blizz decided to stop allowing flight in wod and they had to backtrack and allow flying to return through pathfinder because it was just that awful.

I’m hoping that dragon riding is all we get until a later patch at the very least.

Getting both at launch would be nothing short of asinine imo.

If it is so fun, than Blizzard should allow normal flying too, to prove to the player base it's the better and funnier system.
    If I understand correctly, you're main complaint is that you want flying so that you can go from WQ to WQ without having to deal with obstacles and enemies in between point A to point B, right?

If dragonriding eventually allows you to do that, would you still be against it?

What I'm trying to understand is: are you opposed to having to actively fly to your destination through the mechanics, or are you opposed to not being able to fly to your destination on day 1 with no obstacles in your way?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dormin View Post
    How can you 'be right back' when you try and commit suicide?