Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    This is such a non-issue, people will complain about anything

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    And in no way Blizz should have disabled normal flying. Go dragonride as much as you want, but please allow others to just relax and fly.

- - - Updated - - -

Cool. Just allow us to fly, while you can dragonglide all day for all I care.
    The entitlement of this community is just beyond

I am totally ok with it, ever since i played GW2 and i saw what they do with the mounts i was so obsessed to see something similar in WoW and i am very happy that they implement this new flying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snufflupagus View Post
    The entitlement of this community is just beyond
    I don't think you understand what entitlement means. We are paying customers and if we are not happy with a subscription that we are paying for, it's ok to complain and argue about it. Entitled is when you think your opinion only matters and YOU think Blizz ONLY needs to cater to you.

Besides, Flying is a common in-game feature, always has been since TBC and we already earn it expansions ago.

I only like flying when the zones prove nearly impossible to navigate by ground, and blizzard doesn't give us good flight paths or alternatives. Revendreth is horrible as a leveling zone because of the nearly impossible to work out roads and vertical lifts with flight paths few and far between. Flying suddenly makes the zone fun again. In legion they put a lot of effort into flight paths in logical locations, and giving you the flight whistle plus a dalaran hearthstone to free up your normal hearthstone, because of this flying wasn't that big of a deal when it did drop
    Last edited by Sableye; 2022-04-26 at 10:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    They wouldn't need to reach such extremes.
    There could be limitations that make automatic "standard" flying less efficient, e.g. obstacles that you need to avoid, preventing you to alt-tab all the way up to your destination. The same kind of obstacles that you'd have options to avoid with Dragonflying-exclusive abilities (loops, sharp bends, quick dive...) that would grant you some sort of speed bonus/boost for the next few tens/hundreds of meters.

So in the end you'd have the choice between the slower but more convenient standard passive flying with alt-tab possibilities, and the new dragonflying active style that will be a faster means of transportation but requiring you to do something.

That's how it is to "give a choice". Removing one option isn't removing a choice.

Remember when they made Personal Loot the default option, not changeable if you had X pugs, then pulled up a statistics out of their arse and concluded that "as no one is using Master Loot anymore, we'll remove it" ?
    That's how shitty "removing options" is.
    You also have to take into consideration that Dragon riding is intentionally being made faster than traditional flying as well. People are going to want to be using that over regular flying once they get good at it. Hopefully the add are more platforming as well to the game too kind of like in Guild wars 2.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/@Nateanderthal

i don't even both with getting flying any longer

this is something that actaully interests me, as it has potential to be really fun

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    You also have to take into consideration that Dragon riding is intentionally being made faster than traditional flying as well. People are going to want to be using that over regular flying once they get good at it. Hopefully the add are more platforming as well to the game too kind of like in Guild wars 2.
    what years in wow tought us people are horrible with vehicle mechanics in wow.

so this will never happen .

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post

That's at least partially because they don't interact with them regularly, though. Dragonriding would be used all the time.

Dragon flight would need to be MUCH faster than normal flying to make it attractive in regular day to day gameplay, where the convenience of being able to hover and precisely maneuver is tough to beat. If it went at (say) 700% speed, I could see dragon flying from a quest/daily/whatever hub to my destination, and then switching to regular 410% flying when I get there.

If it's only like 500%, probably not. Dragon flight would only be used for specific challenges and races requiring it, which will certainly be in the expansion zones.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    That's at least partially because they don't interact with them regularly, though. Dragonriding would be used all the time.
    dragongliding will be universaly hated by playerbase

they know it. they admited today real flying will come but will be timegated.

as always they try to stick it to players because of their stupid pride

so we will glide in expansion that shoudl be based on flying.

dragongliding will be universaly hated by playerbase

they know it. they admited today real flying will come but will be timegated.

as always they try to stick it to players because of their stupid pride

so we will glide in expansion that shoudl be based on flying.
    Because not games are ever fun because of movement systems....

Well if you're OK with not getting to things as quickly as other people.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/@Nateanderthal

I think part of the whole flying issue is the fact that they still sell mounts, flying ones at that, in the store for a chunk of change. Also, a portion of the player base have spent >=15 years farming a range of mounts, I personally don't think in any game you should lose any functionality from things you've paid for, over and above the base sub.

Personally I also think the dev's are so separated from their player base it's concerning, I watch the video's they put out and they are cringe worthy, compared to something like Yushi on FFXIV, who clearly loves that game, these fools come across as a bunch of corporate boot lickers, who are really driven my MAU numbers, which have tanked because the experience has lowered over time - they come across as fake.

I do think the grind for this expansion, after artifact in Legion, neck in BFA, etc, will be moved to the Dragonriding - they are shady with their approach to pad their MAU metric. My view is existing flying should stay, even in it's current delayed form. But, opinions are like assholes, everyone has one.

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderment2 View Post
    Because not games are ever fun because of movement systems....
    Especially not racing games and flight simulators.

or you know, allow normal flying as an option so those who do not wish to participate in dragonfalling can enjoy travelling as much as others who would dragongliding.

- - - Updated - - -

Cool. how about we make normal flying as an option, and you can dragonfall all you want.
    It is literally a better mechanic than todays noclipping through the air.

Stop whining.

Blizzard tries to actually spice up their game, switch it up, attempt to bring some new nuanced types of gameplay into wow and this is what they get lol.

*sigh*

Children children children

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Utrrabbit View Post
    It is literally a better mechanic than todays noclipping through the air.

Stop whining.
    no it isn't

stop whining

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dractier View Post
    Blizzard tries to actually spice up their game, switch it up, attempt to bring some new nuanced types of gameplay into wow and this is what they get lol.

*sigh*

Children children children
    yes because Blizzard was so successful with spicing up the game in SL. Spicing up the game =/= making the game enjoyable, dear adult with the comprehension ability of a 3 yo kindergartner who her parents thinks she is soo special, and gifted.

no it isn't

stop whining

- - - Updated - - -

yes because Blizzard was so successful with spicing up the game in SL. Spicing up the game =/= making the game enjoyable, dear adult with the comprehension ability of a 3 yo kindergartner who her parents thinks she is soo special, and gifted.
    Are you ok sweetheart?

Sadly the new expansion is not named dragon isle, its called dragon flight. What means to me the main content in the open world will be that dragon flight thing. Beside the dragon flight nothing else so far announced for 10.0 open world content.
    Now the question is what kind of content do we get with dragon flight? Are there a lot nice quests to do with that or do we see flappy bird like content nobody likes to do?

Will there be a connection to the WoW mobile game where you can get more rep for your dragon with doing mobile game dump? I hope i am wrong but i think the answer we will get in may when this WoW mobile game will be announced. Maybe also misson table to play in there.
    All in all so far no good news with this dragon flight featue for me.