Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    So i got 50 dragon mounts that can not fly in their home,because……… blizz got out of ideas and decided to steal GW2 system wich Makes no sense in wow in first place, but since they had to get ríd off borrowed power whos only purpose was generating player engagement for their metrics in expense Of fun Of any sort, now they have to invent some system outside power progresion for that, and just because of that,and with the excuse Of making a vertical zona for you to enjoy, they will make the most insane and hard to navigate lands ever, on purpose, so you must spend that ingame time.
    Blizzard bécame the paradigma Of evil corp so long ago that its so sad,i really Need to move on, good Lord theyre so helpfull with that

- - - Updated - - -

So i got 50 dragon mounts that can not fly in their home,because……… blizz got out of ideas and decided to steal GW2 system wich Makes no sense in wow in first place, but since they had to get ríd off borrowed power whos only purpose was generating player engagement for their metrics in expense Of fun Of any sort, now they have to invent some system outside power progresion for that, and just because of that,and with the excuse Of making a vertical zona for you to enjoy, they will make the most insane and hard to navigate lands ever, on purpose, so you must spend that ingame time.
    Blizzard bécame the paradigma Of evil corp so long ago that its so sad,i really Need to move on, good Lord theyre so helpfull with that

- - - Updated - - -

10+ Year Old Account
    Unsure if it has been posted in this thread, else, once more won't harm.

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    At launch, in the first or second zone, you'll gain the trust of a Dragon companion and you'll be able to call it in the Dragon Isles. It's not too experienced in flying at the start and has limited Stamina, but as your Bond grows will allow you to loosen those restrictions. Long term, flying with your regular mounts is still the plan. It should feel good from the start, and should only get better from there.

How you'll upgrade your Dragon is to be decided.

- Game Director Ion Hazzikostas

(Source)
    So. Yeah, we can fly in the future on our dragons that we've taught, as well as our normal mounts.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    In WoW. In other games, it's different. This is not a good argument to leave it that way.

Flytrap's problem was that other Abominations make for better combat companions, and as Blizzard has observed, players will always choose throughput over utility.
    It certainly is different in other games, and in some ways superior, but Blizzard has hopefully learned from the WoD debacle that they can't unbreak an egg. Dragon flight would need to be outrageously fun not only on a moment to moment basis but for the long-term for me to accept giving up the convenience and freedom of normal flying. If not, this is the sort of thing I absolutely would quit the game over-- I did in WoD.

Regarding abominations-- nah. You didn't see many people with the combat abominations either. Only Unity for the special transmog drops or the fetch guy for the one mount drop.

I kind of want them to add flying in the 8.2/9.2/10.2 patches and the first 1 or 2 patches will be flying free.

Adding it in the last patch is too late, and adding it too early is well.. bad for exploration. This is the balance I feel like it works, at least for me and world PVP. Once you add flying, world PVP gets weird for me and not as fun. Imho. 35-40% into the expansion, and we should unlock it. Also also, I do like and enjoy the boring old flying from TBC. Must be just me I guess...
    I do wonder if we get to keep the dragon flying for other zones and expansions. It it carry on for their next 1? What about the older ones? Is it just for the dragonlands? Hmm.

I strongly disagree. In an expansion without dragonflight (if we ever see another one) flight should be available in an X.1 patch. This ensures players will have a couple months exploring and completely consume all the open-world content before they can fly, but it doesn't make us wait too long. I was very happy with Shadowland's implementation of flight.

Flight shouldn't be available in patch X.0, because that would lead players to grind like madmen to finish the pathfinder achievement (again, assuming they still did that) and not enjoy the new expansion. X.0.5 would work, though-- at least 2-3 months in.

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    Regarding abominations-- nah. You didn't see many people with the combat abominations either. Only Unity for the special transmog drops or the fetch guy for the one mount drop.
    You mostly don't see them because they don't work in ZM or the Maw.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    I strongly disagree. In an expansion without dragonflight (if we ever see another one) flight should be available in an X.1 patch. This ensures players will have a couple months exploring and completely consume all the open-world content before they can fly, but it doesn't make us wait too long. I was very happy with Shadowland's implementation of flight.

Flight shouldn't be available in patch X.0, because that would lead players to grind like madmen to finish the pathfinder achievement (again, assuming they still did that) and not enjoy the new expansion. X.0.5 would work, though-- at least 2-3 months in.
    You don't have to fly if it's available in 10.0. You can calm down now.

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    You don't have to fly if it's available in 10.0. You can calm down now.
    That's not how the WoW community works though. Blizz have shown repeatedly across the history of WoW that if they allow players to get a tiny benefit(like one more HoA level, getting flying earlier etc) players will immediately deem it a required part of the game, grind it out and then complain that it's required. It happens like clockwork every single time something is grindable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Addiena
    Whats the saying .. You have two brain cells and they are both fighting for third place !

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    In WoW. In other games, it's different. This is not a good argument to leave it that way.

Flytrap's problem was that other Abominations make for better combat companions, and as Blizzard has observed, players will always choose throughput over utility.
    Most abominations were shitty in combat.

Neena was only useful to get the mount to drop and then forgotten.
    The little guy who finds stuff (forgot his name) got flush with the bath water, once you had gotten enough (700) tokens for the cosmetic armor. He couldn't harm a fly.

The only abom was was worth anything is the tanky one, that could actually tank the bosses in Theater of Pain (and survive).
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

For open world pvp would be an easy fix no flying with war mode on. And while leveling, everything will be done on ground for exploration and at max level i don't see a reason in pve why not having flying available.
    Dragon flying i would like to see how it will work, i do have concerns it will be to much like flappy bird.

Quote Originally Posted by Usernameforforums View Post
    My main fear isnt flying itself but the verticality of the zones. If height is the main way we fly/glide then we are going to have to a lot of unnecessary climbing. This sounds like a nightmare for gatherers.
    The problem i hate is when there's a bunch of multi-level caves with entrances on opposite sides of a hill in a vertical zone and a world quest just has an icon on your mini map with no clue of what direction you are supposed to go to be able to reach the destination. And world quests don't have quest text that you can check for more context.

This is objectively better. Can't wait!

Quote Originally Posted by Usernameforforums View Post
    My main fear isnt flying itself but the verticality of the zones. If height is the main way we fly/glide then we are going to have to a lot of unnecessary climbing. This sounds like a nightmare for gatherers.
    I think we should expect some depth on gathering materials to go with the focus on crafting. I'd expect higher grade/yield nodes to be in ever higher locations that depend on your skill with dragonriding.

Make dragonriding max out at like 550% flying speed, people will not longer complain. People will then willingly choose to use dragon flight.
    Last edited by cityguy193; 2022-05-07 at 05:55 PM.
    Chronomancer Club

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    Most abominations were shitty in combat.

Neena was only useful to get the mount to drop and then forgotten.
    The little guy who finds stuff (forgot his name) got flush with the bath water, once you had gotten enough (700) tokens for the cosmetic armor. He couldn't harm a fly.

The only abom was was worth anything is the tanky one, that could actually tank the bosses in Theater of Pain (and survive).
    the words of someone who literally didnt actually touch the aboms.
    the aoe taunt was sick af
    the MASSIVE AOE damage plus bleed was also sick af.
    the big chunk of aoe heal was really good
    the invisiblity to do a big chunk of assassinate damage was sick af in world pvp

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by cityguy193 View Post
    Make dragonriding max out at like 550% flying speed, people will not longer complain. People will then willingly choose to use dragon flight.
    funnily enough blizzard has already said it is MUCH faster then normal flying, but you have to actually think when using it, which apparently people dont want to do, and they dont like change.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    the words of someone who literally didnt actually touch the aboms.
    the aoe taunt was sick af
    the MASSIVE AOE damage plus bleed was also sick af.
    the big chunk of aoe heal was really good
    the invisiblity to do a big chunk of assassinate damage was sick af in world pvp

- - - Updated - - -

funnily enough blizzard has already said it is MUCH faster then normal flying, but you have to actually think when using it, which apparently people dont want to do, and they dont like change.
    If it goes at twice the speed, the majority of the playerbase will use it. People will have no basis in their complaints.
    Chronomancer Club

If it goes at twice the speed, the majority of the playerbase will use it. People will have no basis in their complaints.
    look at the entire last 17 pages, even if it gos 3x speed people will still complain,cause they cant
    "Press num lock then go get food for 45 seconds then come back and be at their destination"

When has that ever stopped them?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Unsure if it has been posted in this thread, else, once more won't harm.

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    At launch, in the first or second zone, you'll gain the trust of a Dragon companion and you'll be able to call it in the Dragon Isles. It's not too experienced in flying at the start and has limited Stamina, but as your Bond grows will allow you to loosen those restrictions. Long term, flying with your regular mounts is still the plan. It should feel good from the start, and should only get better from there.

How you'll upgrade your Dragon is to be decided.

- Game Director Ion Hazzikostas

(Source)
    So. Yeah, we can fly in the future on our dragons that we've taught, as well as our normal mounts.
    and? 10 chars

Quote Originally Posted by Herald66 View Post
    Sadly the new expansion is not named dragon isle, its called dragon flight. What means to me the main content in the open world will be that dragon flight thing.
    I have read some stupid takes but this really is shocking. Literally no previous expansion has had this "the name is the main feature" crap.
    "Dragonflight" refers to the dragonflights, not to what we will be doing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Daronokk View Post
    Leave it to a fanboy to think a limitation of an existing feature is considered an upgrade.
    Leave it to a hater to think adding customization and interaction to a boring feature is considered a downgrade.