Page 74 of 88 FirstFirst ...
24
64
72
73
74
75
76
84
... LastLast
  1. #1461
    Quote Originally Posted by AcidicSyn View Post
    Bolded bit. To be fair, I would argue that someone who just occasionally (to be generous) or rarely fucks up could be chalked up to bad luck a la "The cat jumped on my keyboard". If they repeatedly fuck up their rotation, then I'd say its skill (or lack thereof). Though I'm really just trying to kill the last 5 minutes of my shift here and know you probably aren't referring to those kinds of moments.
    Cats walking on keyboards? Time to walk away from the discussion at this point, thats absolutely absurd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Exkrementor View Post
    Nobody uses Online forums anymore.

  2. #1462
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Then you are talking about something entirely unrelated to the discussion you interjected into - that was a discussion where someone claimed farming mounts with low drop rates can be MORE DIFFICULT than mythic raiding, because of the luck factor.
    You are correct.luck and difficulty are not the same thing. However, I will reference your quote here to make sure I am not misunderstood as it pertains to your comment. Farming a rare mount with an extremely low percentage drop rate is more difficult than mythic raiding. Not only does it require luck, but shares traiting with raiding such as patience, persistence, and timing. If I were to offer an example, I have completed most of the raids in the game, and even a handful of those in Mythic. However, in 16 years of playing WoW, I have defeated all of these raids multiple times, yet after 2,316 confirmed kills on the Lich King, I still do not possess Invincible. If ANY raid too 2,316 tries to defeat it, people would be frustrated and pissed. So yes, I agree that farming rare mounts is far more difficult than raiding where all you have to do is learn mechanics, instead of... get lucky with RNG.
    “Common sense is not so common.” ~ Voltaire

  3. #1463
    Quote Originally Posted by Mechagnome View Post
    You are correct.luck and difficulty are not the same thing. However, I will reference your quote here to make sure I am not misunderstood as it pertains to your comment. Farming a rare mount with an extremely low percentage drop rate is more difficult than mythic raiding. Not only does it require luck, but shares traiting with raiding such as patience, persistence, and timing. If I were to offer an example, I have completed most of the raids in the game, and even a handful of those in Mythic. However, in 16 years of playing WoW, I have defeated all of these raids multiple times, yet after 2,316 confirmed kills on the Lich King, I still do not possess Invincible. If ANY raid too 2,316 tries to defeat it, people would be frustrated and pissed. So yes, I agree that farming rare mounts is far more difficult than raiding where all you have to do is learn mechanics, instead of... get lucky with RNG.
    But it didnt take you 2,316 attempts to DEFEAT it, on the contrary, it is SO EASY you have defeated it 2,316 times. I also LOVE your comment that all you have to do to raid is "learn mechanics" - what a silly argument. Learning the mechanics, which is something that can be done before the content even goes live, is only a SMALL PART of raiding, and a small part of the difficulty - execution is where the skill and difficulty come in, along with gearing, preparing, coordination and cooperation, communication, etc etc.

    Let me put it this way - the average person would walk a distance equal to roughly 40 marathons per YEAR. That does not mean it can be related in ANY WAY to actually running 1 marathon, let alone 40 of them.
    Last edited by arkanon; 2022-05-27 at 09:52 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Exkrementor View Post
    Nobody uses Online forums anymore.

  4. #1464
    Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    WoW patches are typically smaller than this, and we get half as many.
    You're both proving that you haven't played recent expansions or stayed informed about recent patches and this vs conversations will go nowhere.

  5. #1465
    Quote Originally Posted by Skildar View Post
    You're both proving that you haven't played recent expansions or stayed informed about recent patches and this vs conversations will go nowhere.
    The patch cadence for BFA was 5 months, 6, months, 7 months. And then it took 10 months for Shadowlands to come out. 9.1 took 7 months. 9.2 took 8 months.

    FF14 gets a minimum of 5 content patches per expansion. Blizzard struggled to produce TWO of them for Shadowlands. We are coming up on the second patch for Endwalker and Endwalker came out IN DECEMBER. Shadowlands is on its second patch and it came out over a year earlier.

    You are correct a conversation based on your pure, blissful, condescending ignorance will go nowhere.
    Last edited by NineSpine; 2022-05-27 at 10:25 PM.
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

  6. #1466
    Moderator Aucald's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA-US
    Posts
    39,779
    Let's drop the game vs. game derailment (WoW vs. FF14) and return to the actual topic at hand.
    WHAT CAN THE HARVEST HOPE FOR, IF NOT THE CARE OF THE REAPER MAN?. - Terry Pratchett, Reaper Man

  7. #1467
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    I also LOVE your comment that all you have to do to raid is "learn mechanics" - what a silly argument.
    If you have the gear, and you have memorized the YouTube Video, you can beat the raid, especially if you get LUCKY and have some non-scrubs running with you.
    “Common sense is not so common.” ~ Voltaire

  8. #1468
    Quote Originally Posted by Mechagnome View Post
    If you have the gear, and you have memorized the YouTube Video, you can beat the raid, especially if you get LUCKY and have some non-scrubs running with you.
    Tell that to anyone who actually raids mythic. I know that to run a marathon, all I need to do is know the route, and put one foot Infront of the other. Doesn't mean it's easy.

    I can know the ingredients to a cake, doesn't mean I can bake an award winning cake.


    Now if you are talking normal, that's a little different, but it's still not as you say, otherwise a bunch of randoms with minimum entry level gear could watch a YouTube video, then 1 shot every boss with no experience or coms.

    I know that to paint a picture, I just put paint on a brush and slap it on canvas, doesn't mean I can paint a masterpiece.

    What I'm getting at, is that knowledge is a factor, absolutely, but execution is a huge factor, and anyone who performs any activity at the highest level will say the same.
    Last edited by arkanon; 2022-05-28 at 01:42 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Exkrementor View Post
    Nobody uses Online forums anymore.

  9. #1469
    Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    The patch cadence for BFA was 5 months, 6, months, 7 months. And then it took 10 months for Shadowlands to come out. 9.1 took 7 months. 9.2 took 8 months.

    FF14 gets a minimum of 5 content patches per expansion. Blizzard struggled to produce TWO of them for Shadowlands. We are coming up on the second patch for Endwalker and Endwalker came out IN DECEMBER. Shadowlands is on its second patch and it came out over a year earlier.

    You are correct a conversation based on your pure, blissful, condescending ignorance will go nowhere.
    Yeah but FF doesn't have mythic raids that drops gear that casuals can't get so it's objectively a worse game. In fact if I'm not mistaken casuals can get the same gear as raiders from doing LFG type content, that's fucked up.

  10. #1470
    Quote Originally Posted by Echo of Soul View Post
    Yeah but FF doesn't have mythic raids that drops gear that casuals can't get so it's objectively a worse game. In fact if I'm not mistaken casuals can get the same gear as raiders from doing LFG type content, that's fucked up.
    Everything you stated about ffxiv is wrong lol. There's ultimate which drop gear casuals cant get. The gear from lfg is the catchup gear its like complaining you can get 252s from wq in wow lol.

  11. #1471
    Quote Originally Posted by Uko View Post
    Everything you stated about ffxiv is wrong lol. There's ultimate which drop gear casuals cant get. The gear from lfg is the catchup gear its like complaining you can get 252s from wq in wow lol.
    Ultimates don't drop gear as far as I know, only cosmetics and I'm pretty sure that the tomestone gear is equal to the raid gear.

  12. #1472
    Quote Originally Posted by Echo of Soul View Post
    Ultimates don't drop gear as far as I know, only cosmetics and I'm pretty sure that the tomestone gear is equal to the raid gear.
    The normal raid gear you have to do the savage mode to get the highest tier of gear.

  13. #1473
    Quote Originally Posted by Uko View Post
    The normal raid gear you have to do the savage mode to get the highest tier of gear.
    Yeah and that's like the second best gear in the game right? That's fucked up. It would be like if casuals were able to get heroic raid gear in WoW from running LFR and LFG

  14. #1474
    Ninespine once more spamming about his free gear in FFXIV, secretly wishing and begging this was the case in WoW too cause he knows he is playing a pointless shit game and wants to play the proper one, for the 20th time this year.

    And then making sure anyone pointing it out is showing off his "skill" which he doesnt ever care about, did he tell you about his FFXIV free gear yet?

  15. #1475
    Quote Originally Posted by Echo of Soul View Post
    Yeah and that's like the second best gear in the game right? That's fucked up. It would be like if casuals were able to get heroic raid gear in WoW from running LFR and LFG
    Its like the vault in wow. You are timegated in getting that gear from the lfg sources and not doing the raid itself. Should we get rid of M+ because scrubs can pug 15s and get mythic loot lol?

  16. #1476
    Quote Originally Posted by Uko View Post
    Its like the vault in wow. You are timegated in getting that gear from the lfg sources and not doing the raid itself. Should we get rid of M+ because scrubs can pug 15s and get mythic loot lol?
    Are you seriously comparing m+ to LFG? If you could get heroic raid loot from the vault from running LFG and LFR we'd have a big fucking problem but you can't and you fucking know that

  17. #1477
    Quote Originally Posted by Echo of Soul View Post
    Are you seriously comparing m+ to LFG? If you could get heroic raid loot from the vault from running LFG and LFR we'd have a big fucking problem but you can't and you fucking know that
    No im saying normal mode raid gear from sources other than the raid is time gated like the m+ vault. But clearly you are to dense and ignorant to understand anything but wow.

  18. #1478
    Herald of the Titans Lady Atia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    The Rumour Tower
    Posts
    2,500
    Quote Originally Posted by Echo of Soul View Post
    Are you seriously comparing m+ to LFG? If you could get heroic raid loot from the vault from running LFG and LFR we'd have a big fucking problem but you can't and you fucking know that
    Imagine caring about heroic loot.

  19. #1479
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    Imagine caring about heroic loot.
    Imagine starting a sentence with the word imagine like a smug piece of shit

  20. #1480
    Quote Originally Posted by Echo of Soul View Post
    Yeah and that's like the second best gear in the game right? That's fucked up. It would be like if casuals were able to get heroic raid gear in WoW from running LFR and LFG
    It's amazing how much you posture like a tough guy while crying that if someone you don't know and don't play with is having a good time it will hurt your feelings and you find that unacceptable.
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •