Page 75 of 88 FirstFirst ...
25
65
73
74
75
76
77
85
... LastLast
  1. #1481
    Quote Originally Posted by Mechagnome View Post
    If you have the gear, and you have memorized the YouTube Video, you can beat the raid, especially if you get LUCKY and have some non-scrubs running with you.
    Tell that to anyone who actually raids mythic. I know that to run a marathon, all I need to do is know the route, and put one foot Infront of the other. Doesn't mean it's easy.

    I can know the ingredients to a cake, doesn't mean I can bake an award winning cake.


    Now if you are talking normal, that's a little different, but it's still not as you say, otherwise a bunch of randoms with minimum entry level gear could watch a YouTube video, then 1 shot every boss with no experience or coms.

    I know that to paint a picture, I just put paint on a brush and slap it on canvas, doesn't mean I can paint a masterpiece.

    What I'm getting at, is that knowledge is a factor, absolutely, but execution is a huge factor, and anyone who performs any activity at the highest level will say the same.
    Last edited by arkanon; 2022-05-28 at 01:42 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Exkrementor View Post
    Nobody uses Online forums anymore.

  2. #1482
    Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    The patch cadence for BFA was 5 months, 6, months, 7 months. And then it took 10 months for Shadowlands to come out. 9.1 took 7 months. 9.2 took 8 months.

    FF14 gets a minimum of 5 content patches per expansion. Blizzard struggled to produce TWO of them for Shadowlands. We are coming up on the second patch for Endwalker and Endwalker came out IN DECEMBER. Shadowlands is on its second patch and it came out over a year earlier.

    You are correct a conversation based on your pure, blissful, condescending ignorance will go nowhere.
    Yeah but FF doesn't have mythic raids that drops gear that casuals can't get so it's objectively a worse game. In fact if I'm not mistaken casuals can get the same gear as raiders from doing LFG type content, that's fucked up.

  3. #1483
    Quote Originally Posted by Echo of Soul View Post
    Yeah but FF doesn't have mythic raids that drops gear that casuals can't get so it's objectively a worse game. In fact if I'm not mistaken casuals can get the same gear as raiders from doing LFG type content, that's fucked up.
    Everything you stated about ffxiv is wrong lol. There's ultimate which drop gear casuals cant get. The gear from lfg is the catchup gear its like complaining you can get 252s from wq in wow lol.

  4. #1484
    Quote Originally Posted by Uko View Post
    Everything you stated about ffxiv is wrong lol. There's ultimate which drop gear casuals cant get. The gear from lfg is the catchup gear its like complaining you can get 252s from wq in wow lol.
    Ultimates don't drop gear as far as I know, only cosmetics and I'm pretty sure that the tomestone gear is equal to the raid gear.

  5. #1485
    Quote Originally Posted by Echo of Soul View Post
    Ultimates don't drop gear as far as I know, only cosmetics and I'm pretty sure that the tomestone gear is equal to the raid gear.
    The normal raid gear you have to do the savage mode to get the highest tier of gear.

  6. #1486
    Quote Originally Posted by Uko View Post
    The normal raid gear you have to do the savage mode to get the highest tier of gear.
    Yeah and that's like the second best gear in the game right? That's fucked up. It would be like if casuals were able to get heroic raid gear in WoW from running LFR and LFG

  7. #1487
    Ninespine once more spamming about his free gear in FFXIV, secretly wishing and begging this was the case in WoW too cause he knows he is playing a pointless shit game and wants to play the proper one, for the 20th time this year.

    And then making sure anyone pointing it out is showing off his "skill" which he doesnt ever care about, did he tell you about his FFXIV free gear yet?

  8. #1488
    Quote Originally Posted by Echo of Soul View Post
    Yeah and that's like the second best gear in the game right? That's fucked up. It would be like if casuals were able to get heroic raid gear in WoW from running LFR and LFG
    Its like the vault in wow. You are timegated in getting that gear from the lfg sources and not doing the raid itself. Should we get rid of M+ because scrubs can pug 15s and get mythic loot lol?

  9. #1489
    Quote Originally Posted by Uko View Post
    Its like the vault in wow. You are timegated in getting that gear from the lfg sources and not doing the raid itself. Should we get rid of M+ because scrubs can pug 15s and get mythic loot lol?
    Are you seriously comparing m+ to LFG? If you could get heroic raid loot from the vault from running LFG and LFR we'd have a big fucking problem but you can't and you fucking know that

  10. #1490
    Quote Originally Posted by Echo of Soul View Post
    Are you seriously comparing m+ to LFG? If you could get heroic raid loot from the vault from running LFG and LFR we'd have a big fucking problem but you can't and you fucking know that
    No im saying normal mode raid gear from sources other than the raid is time gated like the m+ vault. But clearly you are to dense and ignorant to understand anything but wow.

  11. #1491
    Pit Lord Lady Atia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    The Rumour Tower
    Posts
    2,348
    Quote Originally Posted by Echo of Soul View Post
    Are you seriously comparing m+ to LFG? If you could get heroic raid loot from the vault from running LFG and LFR we'd have a big fucking problem but you can't and you fucking know that
    Imagine caring about heroic loot.

  12. #1492
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    Imagine caring about heroic loot.
    Imagine starting a sentence with the word imagine like a smug piece of shit

  13. #1493
    Quote Originally Posted by Echo of Soul View Post
    Yeah and that's like the second best gear in the game right? That's fucked up. It would be like if casuals were able to get heroic raid gear in WoW from running LFR and LFG
    It's amazing how much you posture like a tough guy while crying that if someone you don't know and don't play with is having a good time it will hurt your feelings and you find that unacceptable.
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

  14. #1494
    Quote Originally Posted by VMSmith View Post
    It's amazing how much you folk actually project your attitudes onto others.D
    I can play that game too, while I speak of the fundamentals of the game you spout ad hominem pretending there's constructive discussion to be had from it.

  15. #1495
    Epic!
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    1,515
    Quote Originally Posted by Echo of Soul View Post
    Yeah but FF doesn't have mythic raids that drops gear that casuals can't get so it's objectively a worse game. In fact if I'm not mistaken casuals can get the same gear as raiders from doing LFG type content, that's fucked up.
    I don’t think it is. I do difficulty for the challenge, not gear. That bling for an achievement is why I raid, why I play games on hard on the Xbox, etc. and I am not alone

  16. #1496
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    What I'm getting at, is that knowledge is a factor, absolutely, but execution is a huge factor, and anyone who performs any activity at the highest level will say the same.
    I wish you would have gotten to it sooner. I saw certain yawning in my future. Again, not once have I ever said ANY of these things were not difficult, but the bottom line is:

    Eventually, with practice, you are guaranteed to complete the most complicated of tasks, no matter WHAT they maybe. Eventually, you will master it. When it comes to hunting Rare mounts, they are solely LUCK based. I can ABSOLUTEY take down a 3-wing raid on mythic at some point, but there is NO GUARANTEE I will ever see the rare mount, making it the more difficult task. You can master one through hard work, but you can never master the latter.

    And as unimportant as this topic truly is, I'm out. Good luck to you.
    “Common sense is not so common.” ~ Voltaire

  17. #1497
    Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    WoW patches are typically smaller than this, and we get half as many.
    Yeah content wise WoW has really dipped since they started focusing on systems and mythic difficulties instead, but at least that small group of players that enjoy the esports side of the game have something to keep them occupied for a while.

  18. #1498
    Quote Originally Posted by zysis View Post
    I can play that game too, while I speak of the fundamentals of the game you spout ad hominem pretending there's constructive discussion to be had from it.
    What he called you out on was a hypocritical ad hom.
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

  19. #1499
    Quote Originally Posted by Echo of Soul View Post
    Are you seriously comparing m+ to LFG? If you could get heroic raid loot from the vault from running LFG and LFR we'd have a big fucking problem but you can't and you fucking know that
    That's not a "big fucking problem" and is easily the best system to allow casuals to EVENTUALLY be slightly competitive throughout the game. BfA did it best for me where I was able to get heroic raid level gear from both pvp and pve just weeks-months after raiders. That not even being an option anymore has discouraged me from even stepping foot in the game.

    Then again, reading this thread it's clear Blizzard has succeeded in appeasing their trophied children. Game sure as hell is all the better for it (looks at the amazingness that's been shadowlands throughout).
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

  20. #1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    That's not a "big fucking problem" and is easily the best system to allow casuals to EVENTUALLY be slightly competitive throughout the game. BfA did it best for me where I was able to get heroic raid level gear from both pvp and pve just weeks-months after raiders. That not even being an option anymore has discouraged me from even stepping foot in the game.

    Then again, reading this thread it's clear Blizzard has succeeded in appeasing their trophied children. Game sure as hell is all the better for it (looks at the amazingness that's been shadowlands throughout).
    The game was always at its best when casuals (or rather those that didn't engage in organized premade group content) could get the second best gear in the game over time, just slower than a raider would.

    Nobody got hurt by it, it's what makes FF14 such a massive success among casual players but then you have a very small but very loud portion of the community that just can't stand that and would rather have the game die than share their toys long after they'd gotten sick of them.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •