Page 7 of 87 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    This was in their brain, somewhere between 2004 and 2010, nostalgia googles and lower skill levels, therefor 0 game knowledge gives them the delusion that it was better back then, they cant tell the difference between "their experience" and "the actual gameplay", therefor they are craving that feeling of "new, discovery and progression" like it can magically happen in a game you have been playing for 18 years.

They simply do not know the game well enough, but they think because they were playing at some point, or playing now, gives them some sort of opinion about it.

They literally claim they prefer to be stuck at Narthia, doing the same daily heroic dungeon with LFD for badges for 2 years, wearing 2 items of higher item level, like 265, and the rest Nathria item levels, because they think that system is better than what we have.

In other words, bad players dont know better.

The game is literally designed for these players to be able to be relevant at all times, yet they dont like it for some fucking reason, running 700 daily Heroics is more fun apparently?
    I ran into the old TBC attunement flow chart a while back and my brain instictually started filling it in, replacing TBC reps, dungeons, and raids with SL ones. And when I was done by reaction was "by god this would be awful."
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinaa View Post
    If the Olympics was funded with my own money, then yes.

(It's not about being good enough, but rather about the time investment, or the content not being fun)
    And many Heroic and Mythic raiders don't even run Normal, never mind LFR. Do we get to choose not to pay for those?
    Speciation Is Gradual

(It's not about being good enough, but rather about the time investment, or the content not being fun)
    Ok but that's the nature of videogames. If you want a story/experience without the chance of being blocked out by your own lack of skill/time/whatever, go read a book or watch a movie.

If you don't have the time to do the content or don't find it fun, stop buying/playing it. There are other games for you. Stop demanding any difficulty is removed just because you have a problem.

I don't PvP or do pet battles. Do you see me cry that they need to be removed or that I should get a discount since I don't play all the content I pay for (even though I know what I'm getting at payment)?

15+ Year Old Account

Someone doesn't understand how taxes work either, I imagine.

This is not a single player game, you are not the only one playing it. There are people who enjoy the top .01% and they too are paying for it. They're able to invest the time into the game, they feel that content is the most fun and enjoy the immense challenge.

So, the game isn't about you, your $15 is offset compared to the $300 a Mythic raiding team is spending.

"But wait! There are more casuals than the top .01%, my opinion matters more!"

It really doesn't. In the example, we're using you, since you used 'my own money' as an explanation for your rationale. You're part of a very minor, excessively loud minority compared to other casual players who could give two rats asses about what other people do, because the aforementioned casuals are also enjoy the game in their own way, with their own people, in their own time. There are people like me, who're progressing in Heroic two days a week (casual to some degree, more hardcore in others) don't give two rats asses about how the top .01% play their game and enjoy what Blizzard creates.

Nevermind WoW has been stupidly casual from the onset, which most people playing these days woudn't even know or remember, comparing it to it's direct predecessor, Everquest, and has only gotten more casual and inclusive for everyone. Generally, when threads like this get made, it's people wanting the best gear without earning it, despite the level of gear they can acquire is perfectly on par with the content they can do (League of Legends players do this too, but are more toxic about it, bitching that 'i should be in platinum, its my teammates who're holding me back).
    Personal Preference and Opinions ≠ Facts, Truth, or Logic

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caprias View Post
    95% of the content in this game is easy mode, if we take all 16 years of content it's closer to 99%.

Top players are completely catered towards with welcomed and loved changes like... no master loot, heavy loot rng making splits more heavily mandatory to compete than ever before, domination shards, mindless but (for them) mandatory content like maw/korthia/choreghast...

You guys have no idea what you're even talking about.
    All I know is that LFR now is harder than any content up to Cataclysm, including Heroic Modes etc, that is killing the game for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    Raid heroic if mythic is too hard for you. The fuck you talking about?
    problem with ths is that heroic was OVERTUNED 1st 2-3 weeks coz of world 1st raid.

personally i thinkt that the world 1st race should be done on a tournament ream with equal gear no gear drops and jsut tune the raid properly for every one else

Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    All I know is that LFR now is harder than any content up to Cataclysm, including Heroic Modes etc, that is killing the game for me.
    Now y'all are really trolling.

You mean the faceroll that is LFR is harder than Ulduar hardmodes, ICC heroic, Algalon, etc. That is beyond laughable. LFR absolutely is not even nearly as difficult as Cataclysm dungeon heroics, let alone even the normal raids of Wrath. Normal Naxx was harder than LFR, what game are you playing???

What the actual fuck are you on? Spelucher lfr is quite literally braindead mode. There are no mechanics you can fail. The only way you can die is by not understanding that you should not camp in void zones.

Compared even to Cata 4.3 lfr it's laughably easy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    What the actual fuck are you on? Spelucher lfr is quite literally braindead mode. There are no mechanics you can fail. The only way you can die is by not understanding that you should not camp in void zones.

Compared even to Cata 4.3 lfr it's laughably easy.
    Well, we haven't had Wrath Classic yet, time will tell, but I am looking at the facts so far.

10 weeks I've done MH+BT, I never wiped once.
    Cleared LFR since release, I see wipes every single wing, every single week. Boss kills take longer, the mechanics are harder, more people die each boss and more wipes. BY FAR LFR now is harder than current TBC content.

And Naxx in WotLK is the easiest raid of all time, gonna be a joke, and Ulduar and ICC normal are almost as easy, far easier than TBC content. Yes Ulduar HM and ICC Heroic might be "hard" but that's what people said about Classic Naxx, AQ40 and TBC too, yet it was facerolled, so I really doubt we gonna struggle one bit with any WotLK content.

For my money, the issue is that Blizzard has done a piss poor job of thinking outside the "MMO Box" that they themselves have helped build. Expansion after expansion after expansion, they have kept the end game content the same. Dungeons, Raids, Rated PVP. Any time they have tried to make any alterations to this, they get bored of it within that expansion and abandon it.

It feels anti-casual, but I think it's more a case of it just being very narrow. It's more that they cater to players that want a very specific type of content and haven't been able to deliver on those who want other types of content. For those that are heavily into the mechanics of the game, into getting more and better gear, into making as strong a character as possible? The content is there. Into competition, whether PVP or PVE? The content is there.

But those into exploration? Storytelling? Experiencing the world? Crafting? That's where they f=all short, and that's where we see a great divide.

I don't think it's so much catering to the 1% (or whatever the percentage is). It's that the game team has catered to specific playstyles whilst ignoring others. It would be nice to see some very consistent effort made to add end game content on a continuous basis for those players as well.

Well, we haven't had Wrath Classic yet, time will tell, but I am looking at the facts so far.

10 weeks I've done MH+BT, I never wiped once.
    Cleared LFR since release, I see wipes every single wing, every single week. Boss kills take longer, the mechanics are harder, more people die each boss and more wipes. BY FAR LFR now is harder than current TBC content.

And Naxx in WotLK is the easiest raid of all time, gonna be a joke, and Ulduar and ICC normal are almost as easy, far easier than TBC content. Yes Ulduar HM and ICC Heroic might be "hard" but that's what people said about Classic Naxx, AQ40 and TBC too, yet it was facerolled, so I really doubt we gonna struggle one bit with any WotLK content.
    You do know that the players playing lfr right now would never set a foot in a raid before lfr? No respectable raider uses the lfr (outside of maybe once or twice for getting a chance at a tier piece). A group in lfr usually looks like this:
    2 tanks without knowledge, 2-3 healers and 3-4 "healers" who are DDs that queued for shorter invite times, 5 DDs and 12 people who don't know what the dungeon compendium is, use their mouse to cast their abilities and their keyboard to turn around.

Every raid is hard if you try to carry a bunch of dead weight. But outside of lfr, the dead weight would never been accepted. I swear, just queue with 4 of your competent friends; 1 tank, 1 heal, 3 DPS. You will do the lfr alone. There is no beserk timer, I think. And 1 competent tank and healer is enough to carry the whole raid in lfr.
    Last edited by LordVargK; 2022-04-24 at 03:39 PM.

And? Become better at the game then.

Wtf? Are you for real? YOu can basically ignore nearly everything in LFR and just outheal it if you have even 1 good healer with you. If you do ANY of the "mechanics" you don't even need that.

Seriously...
    I stop wondering how these "reeeee game is only made for the x %" threads get more ridicioulus every time if i read posts like this.

10% to 5% now to 0.01%.

At what point are you thinking... mh... maybe i am the problem not the difficulty of the content?

LFR is and nearly always was the easiest shit ever. You should have tested MoP LFR. THAT actually could be described as somewhat challenging and i mean you maybe had to read up on 1-2 abilities ONCE.

You are the same people who demand easy mode for Souls game i bet. And NO wow is not even close to the difficulty

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2 View Post
    And? Become better at the game then.
    I don't want to get better at the game, I want a game that caters to us who are casual dad gamers who can barely find time to play. We are not necessarily bad, just don't have the time to catch up with all the chores.

We have Classic, and I play it, but I miss a lot in retail too.

10+ Year Old Account
    They're making the game for the 0.1% and yet they constantly fuck over those people? something's not right.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VinceVega View Post
    Wtf? Are you for real? YOu can basically ignore nearly everything in LFR and just outheal it if you have even 1 good healer with you. If you do ANY of the "mechanics" you don't even need that.

Seriously...
    I stop wondering how these "reeeee game is only made for the x %" threads get more ridicioulus every time if i read posts like this.

10% to 5% now to 0.01%.

At what point are you thinking... mh... maybe i am the problem not the difficulty of the content?

LFR is and nearly always was the easiest shit ever. You should have tested MoP LFR. THAT actually could be described as somewhat challenging and i mean you maybe had to read up on 1-2 abilities ONCE.

You are the same people who demand easy mode for Souls game i bet. And NO wow is not even close to the difficulty

My favorite game EVERY was WoW Vanilla Classic and raiding Molten Core was the best. No gear demands, not even max level demands, just take anyone, go, clear the raids, never any wipes, almost never any deaths. Sure, no challenge, but I don't want that. Just wanna casually easily clear stuff and have some laughs with some friends.

Sadly, this is no longer doable. Even with the nicest guild in the world, clearing anything higher than LFR is gonna be impossible unless you have certain gear, and certain skill etc. The game is no longer wipe free content that anyone can clear. Just wish we had ONE mode that was like that, not even LFR is like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Demsi View Post
    They're making the game for the 0.1% and yet they constantly fuck over those people? something's not right.
    What do you mean look at all that content they get!?!

One or two new abilities on raid bosses and flat scaling in mythic plus?

That's maybe 0.10% of all content

KILL THEM AND TAKE WHAT IS THEIRS!

I don't want to get better at the game, I want a game that caters to us who are casual dad gamers who can barely find time to play. We are not necessarily bad, just don't have the time to catch up with all the chores.

You can play the game with very little time though. You can do heroic dungeons, LFR and get all of the story. If you want to do harder content you need to invest the effort. If you can't, you can't play it. Simple as.

You can't expect Blizzard to remove harder difficulties because there are people like you who don't have the time to play it. You're not the only one paying.

- - - Updated - - -

My favorite game EVERY was WoW Vanilla Classic and raiding Molten Core was the best. No gear demands, not even max level demands, just take anyone, go, clear the raids, never any wipes, almost never any deaths. Sure, no challenge, but I don't want that. Just wanna casually easily clear stuff and have some laughs with some friends.

Sadly, this is no longer doable. Even with the nicest guild in the world, clearing anything higher than LFR is gonna be impossible unless you have certain gear, and certain skill etc. The game is no longer wipe free content that anyone can clear. Just wish we had ONE mode that was like that, not even LFR is like that.
    I'd honestly rather just not play a videogame than have anything handed to me like this.

I am sorry but i would never play anything i can just walk through without doing anything or have to worry about failing.
    I don't think you should play wow. I don't think you should have played wow since TBC back in the day because even SSC is 100times harder than MC. EVERYTHING is harder than MC after MC. Even dungeons since forever.

FF14 is harder than MC: Hello Kitty World is porbably harder than MC.

If you had the time to level in classic, you have the time to do lfr.

Even if you wipe, dying and retrying has been part of what a video game is since Atari.

If you just want to see the protagonist win with literally 0 effort from your side, watch a movie.