Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    they gotta nerf it somehow to get people to play it when it's re-released as the Tinker class.

Quote Originally Posted by Dastreus View Post
    they gotta nerf it somehow to get people to play it when it's re-released as the Tinker class.
    Will not happen; Tinker might have been planed as a class in Shadowlands, with a start in Mechagon, but they were already late with the expansion (covid and where should they find the time to code something while molesting their employees), and didn't even manage to finish the release by itself (the maw still feels like crystalsong forest; being an underwhelming unfinished zone). Since they weren't probably planing continuing engineering as you said, that engineering feels so underwhelming this expansion seems quite clear; why still bother with it.

So if they didn't introduced it after adding mechagnomes; i doubt we'll ever see them.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    3 days later and OP still hasn't elaborated whats wrong with gliders and nitro boosters LOL. Just tested both and they work as usual. You can even add them to legendaries, which wasn't always possible (before SL afaik).
    You can't use the glider while the nitro boost is active, so nitro speed boost before jumping off a high point to travel even further on the glider is no longer possible. Used to be both would work together, but they stopped that a few years back. Both still work fine on their own.

I hate that they still haven't updated the old Sunwell engineering goggles plans to remove the class requirements just for learning them. The original plans used to be BOP and have class requirements... at one point years ago they changed all the plans to be BOE but left the class requirement, annoying. I have a full set in the bank waiting for the day that they remove the class requirement and I can finally learn them all.
    Last edited by Gnomesized; 2022-04-26 at 01:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Velerios View Post
    Will not happen; Tinker might have been planed as a class in Shadowlands, with a start in Mechagon, but they were already late with the expansion (covid and where should they find the time to code something while molesting their employees), and didn't even manage to finish the release by itself (the maw still feels like crystalsong forest; being an underwhelming unfinished zone). Since they weren't probably planing continuing engineering as you said, that engineering feels so underwhelming this expansion seems quite clear; why still bother with it.

So if they didn't introduced it after adding mechagnomes; i doubt we'll ever see them.
    I was making a sarcastic joke rofl. Nah I don't believe they'll ever do tinker tbh

Obviously Blizzard hates tinkers.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

Quote Originally Posted by Magenugget View Post
    The wormhole versus the ability to make legendaries...
    I leveled all crafting professions and never crafted a single legendary base, because mats sold for way more.

Wormhole + selling ore + buying bases felt way better than no teleport and crafting every item 10 times for the next one

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Both are still in the game, what are you talking about?

- - - Updated - - -

Like look engineering was fucked this expac, a pet recolour, no mounts, no blingtron, the only profession that had 0 part in the legendary crafting, the only reason to be an engineer this expac was the wormhole and it pisses me off.

but idk where this is suddeny coming from, they havent changed anything about it recently, and hell in 10.0 it seems they will be overhauling, engineering included.
    Also add on the fact that the wormhole port for Zereth Mortis u can only get a chance at from the paragon Enlighten chest. Which makes me think that will be the go to way for future wormhole ports :/

They need to delete engineering as a profession and make it a class.
    professions are about buying, selling and crafting stat sticks, anything that encroaches on personal power makes it mandatory for peak performance, and players should ideally be aiming for peak performance.

The only weapons they make are ranged and only 2 specs use ranged weapons, so thats pretty useless.

- - - Updated - - -

It will come eventually, its a matter of when not if, and for whatever reason blizz has been pushing it back again and again for crap like monk or evoker which nobody asked for. Id trade both of those for an engineering spec.

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoSul View Post
    Also add on the fact that the wormhole port for Zereth Mortis u can only get a chance at from the paragon Enlighten chest. Which makes me think that will be the go to way for future wormhole ports :/
    oh that part is the one most annoying thing yeah ive gotten 3 caches now, still no port.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodmoth13 View Post
    It will come eventually, its a matter of when not if, and for whatever reason blizz has been pushing it back again and again for crap like monk or evoker which nobody asked for. Id trade both of those for an engineering spec.
    And other wouldn't want this goddamn class over blizzard finally fixing engineering over it.
    Last edited by Velerios; 2022-05-07 at 03:27 PM.

Bloodsail Admiral Foreign Exchange Ztudent's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    I mean the only thing I'm upset about with regards to Engineering is the fact that they haven't made old Engineering Goggles Cosmetic.
    I no longer reply to quotations beyond if you're asking a genuine question or have a non-confrontational stance.

Nihil.

Because they don't want to give people the idea that Tinkers are going to be a thing.

And other wouldn't want this goddamn class over blizzard finally fixing engineering over it.
    whats to fix? you want bombs to increase your dps? you want something to sell?

Quote Originally Posted by bloodmoth13 View Post
    whats to fix? you want bombs to increase your dps? you want something to sell?
    Simply: Stuff that Engineers create should be useful. And yes, maybe even make Bombs an dps-increase or at least no loss of dps by making them scale with gear, because really: 3-4k damage with a f***ing cooldown of 5 Minutes, really? And the only Gun to sell is a real shitty one. Yes, there's a lot blizzard could do. And i more and more have the feeling that blizzard probably even intended to remove engineering for a tinker class for shadowlands, but it didn't worked out and instead added engineering in SL in the last minute.

Simply: Stuff that Engineers create should be useful. And yes, maybe even make Bombs an dps-increase or at least no loss of dps by making them scale with gear, because really: 3-4k damage with a f***ing cooldown of 5 Minutes, really? And the only Gun to sell is a real shitty one. Yes, there's a lot blizzard could do. And i more and more have the feeling that blizzard probably even intended to remove engineering for a tinker class for shadowlands, but it didn't worked out and instead added engineering in SL in the last minute.
    Not gonna happen. Professions shouldnt be giving unique bonuses to the user, they shouldnt be increasing your dps.

Professions should only exist for the purpose of trade, if you want to play a class that uses bombs then petition for tinker.

Unfortunately a business model where you can only provide items for other people with the same profession or a weapon for literally 2 specs is doomed to fail. Maybe blizz could invent a niche for it like making every player able to use engineering tools but i have a feeling engineers would hate that more than anything.

If your vision for engineering is anything other than making things to sell then you probably want to play a mechanical based class and your just fooling yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Narwhalosh Whalescream View Post
    Every fun gadget gets neutered into oblivion. Why does Blizzard hate fun?
    Every single of my character has engineering. 15 min Portal to every zone, battlerezz, you can still get Nitoboots attached to your belt, or the stealth potion equivalent, when leveld LK engi a bit you have mail, Jeevez if maxed, what you talking about? The only viable professions despite for legendarys are Engi, Alch, Jewel and Enchanting

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    3 days later and OP still hasn't elaborated whats wrong with gliders and nitro boosters LOL. Just tested both and they work as usual. You can even add them to legendaries, which wasn't always possible (before SL afaik).
    Well the consumable version requires WoD mats to make but other than that I don't see a glider problem.

Quote Originally Posted by JDL49 View Post
    Well the consumable version requires WoD mats to make but other than that I don't see a glider problem.
    As said above the "problem" with the glider is that you can no longer use it while the nitro boost is active, so nitro speed boost before jumping off a high point to travel even further on the glider doesn't work any more. Used to be both would work together, but they stopped that a few years back. Both still work fine on their own.

That change I think is what is meant by the "problem".

Quote Originally Posted by Tribola View Post
    Every single of my character has engineering. 15 min Portal to every zone, battlerezz, you can still get Nitoboots attached to your belt, or the stealth potion equivalent, when leveld LK engi a bit you have mail, Jeevez if maxed
    Same here, every single character is an engineer. The loot-a-rang is such a huge QoL improvement that I can't play without it. I even have it on my hunter because it's better than fetch and my melee characters because even within normal loot range, it's vastly easier to hit a single button that loots whatever's within 40 yards than to position my mouse over the enemy's corpse and right-click. It really needs to be available to everybody, not just engineers. Just make the non-engineering version expensive.

The other stuff is all nice, bres, wormhole, sprint, mailbox, jeeves, but I can live without them. Loot-a-rang I must have.
    Last edited by Schizoide; 2022-05-10 at 01:27 PM.

Engineering is fun though. Well, as fun as a WoW profession ever gets.

Parachutes/Gliders, boosts, resurrections.

Really, the outlier in professions is Alchemy, because it's the only one with a never-ending source of income.