Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I thought they looked great. I will def be evoker.

10+ Year Old Account
    While I won't comment on the aesthetics of the Dracthyr - as it is widely a matter of personal tastes; some will love it and some will hate it, and that's never going to really change - one of the frequent "asks" I see for the Evoker class is an addition of a tank and/or melee spec.

In 9.2, there are:

13 Melee specs
    11 Ranged specs
    6 Healer specs
    6 Tank specs

The game is currently melee-heavy, and the addition of another ranged class - particularly one they are branding as "mid-range" - will balance things out a little better in that regard. With mechanics that affect melee DPS typically being exacerbated by proximity to other players, adding another melee DPS to the mix would be unwelcome by other melee classes to say the least. In fact, having another ranged class would make dealing with the mechanics targeted at ranged DPS a little easier to manage.

While the number of healer and tank specs is currently equal, it is important to note that each PVE encounter only requires one, two tanks at most, whereas as many as 5, sometimes even 6 healers are used, so the demand is slightly higher. Another thing to note is that since the first new class was added to the game, Death Knights, every new class has had a tank spec. These days, anyone who uses any sort of matchmaking (LFR, LFG, Random BGs) knows that you're usually waiting on a healer. Tanks are no longer in short supply; the shortage is healers. If you give people a class with a DPS, Tank, and Healer spec, it has been demonstrated that the least popular option of the three is the healer.

I feel like the decision to make the Evoker either a mid-range DPS or healer is meant to fill a hole in the ranged DPS/melee DPS imbalance, as well as help encourage people who are looking to get fast queues in matchmaking to try out healing with the soon-to-be-popular new class.

The answer to healer shortages is not to stop making tank specs. It's to make healer gameplay more engaging so that more people would actually enjoy playing as a healer and would thus pick that as their role, lessening the healer shortage. There is no reason why we can't have a healer spec and a tank spec, particularly one of the strongest spec fantasies in WoW (being a Black/Earth Dragon tank).

10+ Year Old Account
    People don't play like that. They pick the path of least resistance, and that's tank spec and random queues.

There is no need for a 7th tank spec, not unless they redesign encounters to require 3 tanks (which is unlikely.)
    The "strong class fantasy" is only strong in your head.

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    It also seems weird that a reptilian race would have mammaries.
    ill correct you

humanoid race*

dictionary definition if you are still confused https://www.dictionary.com/browse/humanoid

adjective
    having human characteristics or form; resembling human beings.
    10 reports = instant ban without GM review (people need to be in different guilds or you will need more reports)
    you can organize a 11th person in your discord to provoke the person you want banned then report for literary no real reason... anything that can be considered "toxic" is a valid reason for the ban to stay on the account and will not be removed
    https://youtu.be/OcSiCgFDYhY

Quote Originally Posted by Diaphin View Post
    The Dracthyr are casters and healers, why should they be ultra muscular? Considering how they are all designed to be evokers by Neltharion, they are supposed to be powerful magical soldiers, not warriors, so they don't need to be muscular.
    No one cares about the backstory for the race, they just want to play dragon people. That's natural. As soon as the lore is cockblocking the players it's not doing its job.
    Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    She lost against Arthas for purpose. She wanted to feed Quel'thalas to hungering darkness.

Quote Originally Posted by Mardux View Post
    Players are "concerned" about every little thing in game. Do you doomsay over every little thing as well?
    Relapses outright defends everything WoW does and is always falls back on "Just give them time!" when he has nothing else to say, despite knowing full well that blizz seldom reacts to player feedback during alphas and betas in any meaningful way, and in the few cases they do its because people pushed hard and over a long period. So he's essentialy asking people to not do the one thing that gets them to react.
    Last edited by Toppy; 2022-04-24 at 07:47 AM.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

Will Blizzard actually do what I want?

fixed the title
    SorryNotSorry

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Did we really need yet another thread reminding us that Dracthyr in their pre-Alpha state look kind of weird?
    Yes it seems so.

The power of repeat man.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    ignoring the fact that community VASTLY overblown the issues with covenants and azerite, its a bit different to change system whole expansion is build around and to change models... not even the same people working on those two things...
    This, just a week or so before Dragonflight's announcement the guy who made the Azerite system, Corruption Gear, and Shards of Domination left Blizzard to pursue other careers.

Quote Originally Posted by Vyomesh2 View Post
    Except these are Drak'thyr, and not actual Dragons. They're some experiment of Neltharion.
    Because if these forms were disguises it would not make any sense. since they stick out like a sore thumb with their scales and stuff. If they really were disguises, and if they really could properly transform like real Dragons, then why don't they perfectly replicate a mortal race like Dragons do?
    Teriz pretty much put the nail on the head. Maybe blend in wasn't really the right phrase cause they typically announce they're dragons right away. Maybe it's merely a convenience of being able to fit inside mortal buildings like Chromie in Andorhal or keeping out of sight of baddies like Vael in LBRS.

And some of them seem to actually prefer humanoid forms to their draconic ones, again citing Chromie. I can count on one hand how many times we actually saw him as a dragon. And by that I mean I know it's happened but I can't recall a specific incident off the top of my head.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Atrea View Post
    People don't play like that. They pick the path of least resistance, and that's tank spec and random queues.

There is no need for a 7th tank spec, not unless they redesign encounters to require 3 tanks (which is unlikely.)
    The "strong class fantasy" is only strong in your head.
    Then there is also no need for a 7th healer spec.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    God how cringe can you be lol.
    I am not the one who has a full on mental breakdown over not being able to roleplay a dragon mage as super muscular giga chad.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kansor View Post
    No one cares about the backstory for the race, they just want to play dragon people. That's natural. As soon as the lore is cockblocking the players it's not doing its job.
    Yeah, but its like, you can be muscular and buff in real life rather easily, so why is it important that your dragon mage looks like taking steroids?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    God how cringe can you be lol.

On topic:

If this race is supposed to be dragon related i do think it merrits getting some bulky love aswell. I dont see the problem in having the best of both worlds as a toggle or slider option.

As it is now its more of a lizardoid then a dragonoid imo.
    I believe that due to their height (which is supposedly tauren height or even taller), adding significant bulk is highly unlikely. A character as tall as a tauren with giant wings on its back would be a huge visual obstacle if bulked up to significant levels.

DF will be great guys.

Lastest interview with Ion reveals that we are entering a brand new WoW iteration. He acknowledged that people are playing games differently in 2022. If this is the building philosophy, it would open up for new discussions and new ways to play the game(both for casuals and regular players).

Looking forward.
    Last edited by HansOlo; 2022-04-24 at 12:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vyomesh2 View Post
    I-IT'S ONLY PRE-ALPHA! (You are here)
    I-IT'S ONLY ALPHA!
    I-IT'S ONLY BETA!
    I-IT'S ONLY PATCH 10.1!!
    Lol yeah this, I mean they might iterate the race a bit, but history is not too kind to this outlook.

That said I would say additional classes for draks are a lock, seems like maybe patch content based on what Ion and co. have been saying.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Supposedly, Dracthyr are extremely tall, maybe even taller than Tauren. So they're going to be physically impressive looking in game. In addition, Blizzard has already stated that they will be getting loads of customization options. It more than likely won't be very bulky, because they're already very tall and have large wings, but it will probably offer more along the lines of that meaner looking black dragon mock up that is popping up all over the place.

With that said, I'm VERY happy they didn't give us a boring Draknoid race. I'm very satisfied with the new race/class, and frankly I hope Blizzard ignores the haters.
    I actually agree with this as well, we dont need another wider than tall race. However, the weird race/gender issues of the Visage are, imo, a Real Problem (but, a very fixable one). The lack of XMog on the dragon form could doom the race though. I for one am unthrilled with the idea of some barbershop stuff and call it a day. Those are my 2 complaints.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyrinx View Post
    I actually agree with this as well, we dont need another wider than tall race. However, the weird race/gender issues of the Visage are, imo, a Real Problem (but, a very fixable one). The lack of XMog on the dragon form could doom the race though. I for one am unthrilled with the idea of some barbershop stuff and call it a day. Those are my 2 complaints.
    I'm pretty sure Blizzard stated that more "tame" Visage options will be available.

I also think that the sheer level of draconic customizations will make up for lack of transmog on the dragon model. Also keep in mind that Druids are the most popular class in WoW and they spend combat in unarmored forms.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    I also think that the sheer level of draconic customizations will make up for lack of transmog on the dragon model. Also keep in mind that Druids are the most popular class in WoW and they spend combat in unarmored forms.
    it will not, its useless stuff to make up for the lack of build in the actual form.

Druids are also, not a playable race

The right thing is adding another melee ?

Yeah no

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    it will not, its useless stuff to make up for the lack of build in the actual form.
    Players love to customize their characters, so vast customization options would hardly be useless.

Druids are also, not a playable race
    I know, which is why I said they're the most popular class.