Page 1 of 44
... LastLast

ONLY 4 new dungeons for M+ initially

What? Seriously. What?!

https://www.wowhead.com/news/old-dun...26781#comments

Didnt they learn from MEGA dungeons? You run those twice at best before their M+ implementation. Normal/Heroic dungeons are obsolete after 2 weeks into the expansion.

Leave old dungeons for TW god dammit!

Give us new dungeons with every major content patch instead!

This is so messed up. Legion and BFA had 10 new dungeons, SL had 8. Now we only get 4? Anything less than all 8 new dungeons for Season 1 of Mythic+ is unacceptable

i think its a neat idea, this way you wont run the same dungeon in s1 and s2, still get 8 dungeons and there will be some relevance to old dungeons, maybe it will lead to redisign some pre m+ dungeons to the systems, which would be nice

I think this is actually a good change. I got tired of all the SL dungeons so fast because you had to do them over and over. At least now, they try to keep it fresh by adding 4 older Dungeons. That will give a lot mroe variety in gameplay-

Quote Originally Posted by cantrip View Post
    You will be able to play old dungeons in mythic+ as well.
    Not during Season 1, which is what this entire post is about. All new 8 dungeons should be available for Mythic+ at launch. We are going from 10, 10, 8, to now 4.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWorkingTitle View Post
    This is so messed up. Legion and BFA had 10 new dungeons, SL had 8. Now we only get 4? Anything less than all 8 new dungeons for Season 1 of Mythic+ is unacceptable
    There will be 8 dungeons. 4 old expansion dungeons, and 4 dragonflight dungeons. In season two the rotation will change. There will 4 old dungeons and 4 new dragonflught dungeons. So my guess is there will be 8 dungeons at launch in DF but they will rotate each season-

Quote Originally Posted by Trenbolone View Post
    What? Seriously. What?!

https://www.wowhead.com/news/old-dun...26781#comments

Didnt they learn from MEGA dungeons? You run those twice at best before their M+ implementation. Normal/Heroic dungeons are obsolete after 2 weeks into the expansion.

Leave old dungeons for TW god dammit!

Give us new dungeons with every major content patch instead!
    My dude, there are at least 8 Dragonflight dungeons. If you actually *read* the Wowhead article, it says 4 DF dungeons and 4 old ones in Season 1, and in Season 2, 4 different DF ones and 4 different old ones. It's just rotating and not keeping the rotation locked on one xpac the whole time. The dungeons are still there to run normally and there's just as many new ones.

People need to chill the fuck out

10+ Year Old Account
    That's really fucking stupid. Like holy shit.
    Why not just skip out on making a raid too and just tell them to go progress through Hellfire Citadel again.

Old dungeons will feel super ass to play. They're designed wrong for our abilities. Just look at Legion m+, I have to heal more in a DHT+15 or vault+15 than I do in a HoA+23. It's so dumb

As somebody whose main form of content consumption is M+, I'll take 4 new good dungeons and 4 good dungeons from prior expansions over 6 mediocre and 4 decent dungeons. BfA minus Kings Rest and Shrine or SL minus DoS or Theater. Cut the fat. Bring the back the good dungeons. I see this as a net positive.

With the information we got we cant be certain if we get 8 totaly New Dragonflight Dungeons but just 4 of them are available to M+ in addition to the 4 Dungeon from an prev Expac, or if we get just 4 new DF Dungeon with the release and 4 new DF Dungeons in the next season.

I really Hope we get 8 new DF Dungeon with the start of the Xpac.

I Have nothing against old Dungeons in the M+ Rotation, but no in a 50:50 Ratio...
    I like to have 8 new Dungeons as well as 4 old Dungeons.

And if they bring new Dungeons over the lifespan of DF they should be in there as well and old Dungeons should rotate...

Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    That's really fucking stupid. Like holy shit.
    Why not just skip out on making a raid too and just tell them to go progress through Hellfire Citadel again.

Old dungeons will feel super ass to play. They're designed wrong for our abilities. Just look at Legion m+, I have to heal more in a DHT+15 or vault+15 than I do in a HoA+23. It's so dumb
    It's possible the dungeons will be tuned better than what we get for a week long event that comes around twice a year.
    Last edited by Relapses; 2022-04-20 at 06:46 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    It's possible.the dungeons will be tuned better than what we get for a week long event that comes around twice a year.
    Yeah, they just have to entirely re-tune the dungeons from the ground up, so they'll be either completely free or basically impossible for the first month of the patch.
    And since they said it'd change with season 2, the entire rotation of m+ dungeons will again be either free or impossible for another month.

That's not my idea of fun.
    In Legion dungeons for instance, the difficulty comes from 1-shots. That is not fun game design, because with current CDs, you can't even survive that much higher on most classes, so you'd be hardcapped to when you get 1shot rather than when you can't dps hard enough to finish, so enjoy seeing 3 chests of the highest key level

Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    Yeah, they just have to entirely re-tune the dungeons from the ground up, so they'll be either completely free or basically impossible for the first month of the patch.
    And since they said it'd change with season 2, the entire rotation of m+ dungeons will again be either free or impossible for another month.

That's not my idea of fun.
    I could see that happening. Tazavesh's multiple severe nerfs serve as a pretty stark reminder that Blizzard still hasn't perfected the art of scalable content. I guess I'm hopeful the worst case scenario doesn't come to fruition and we just get a bunch of Mists tier M+ dungeons. I understand the skepticism though.

Quote Originally Posted by FuujCraft View Post
    There will be 8 dungeons. 4 old expansion dungeons, and 4 dragonflight dungeons. In season two the rotation will change. There will 4 old dungeons and 4 new dragonflught dungeons. So my guess is there will be 8 dungeons at launch in DF but they will rotate each season-
    Please comprehend what is being written.

10 brand new dungeons in Legion launch for Mythic+ Season 1

10 brand new dungeons in BFA launch for Mythic+ Season 1

8 brand new dungeons in SL launch for Mythic+ Season 1

4 brand new dungeons in DF launch for Mythic+ Season 1

All 8 brand new dungeons must be available for Mythic+ Season 1. Old dungeons that people have run ad naseum over the years and while at current content years ago are irrelevant to this discussion.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zankai27 View Post
    My dude, there are at least 8 Dragonflight dungeons. If you actually *read* the Wowhead article, it says 4 DF dungeons and 4 old ones in Season 1, and in Season 2, 4 different DF ones and 4 different old ones. It's just rotating and not keeping the rotation locked on one xpac the whole time. The dungeons are still there to run normally and there's just as many new ones.

People need to chill the fuck out
    wow doing normal dungeons but why should i if u can run mythic + for gear at least classic dungeon gonna be pulled too into season rotation
    Last edited by Hastis; 2022-04-20 at 08:31 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    I could see that happening. Tazavesh's multiple severe nerfs serve as a pretty stark reminder that Blizzard still hasn't perfected the art of scalable content. I guess I'm hopeful the worst case scenario doesn't come to fruition and we just get a bunch of Mists tier M+ dungeons. I understand the skepticism though.
    They've proven again and again, at every turn, that they can't tune m+ properly on the first go, or even at all
    NW was one of the hardest dungeons at the start of SL, a month in they nerfed it and now it's literally a free dungeon 2 key levels higher than any other dungeon in the game.
    Taz streets was unplayable until it was nerfed multiple times
    Taz gambit is literally free outside of 2nd boss
    SD was, and still is, way too hard on the healer compared to all other dungeons

I could go on, but I trust them to balance dungeons well about as far as I can throw them

I think when they say "in rotation for mythic+" they mean which dungeons that give score.
    Just like we had timewalking with legion. Bringing more dungeons that gave same equivalent gear and counted for vault but didn't give score.

The variety will probably be there. I highly doubt they lock out 4 dungeons from mythic+ completely.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWorkingTitle View Post
    I suggest to do minimal research before making rant post. It's not about making less dungeons on launch, it's about more variety in M+ seasons. In S1 we will have 4 SF dungeons + 4 olders M+ (not SL ones). In S2 you have 4 different DF dungeons + another 4 legacy M+. This suggest we will have probably 8 dungeons on launch again.

I like this idea, but I think 6-8 months is way to long for M+ season. Maybe they should follow Legion and have shorter M+/PVP seasons.

15+ Year Old Account
    good changes. not to mention that old content (world) will be used. Gief Wailing Caverns mythic 15 :В
    step into everything will gief ya nothing, mon

Dev 8 dungeons
    Release 4 at launch
    Release 4 over course of expansion (theoretical)

Weekly timewalking sucks for m+ format, a season being 1/2 old stuff is perfect to spin up the monotony.
    BC Wotlk and cata all had dungeons released throughout the expansion.

Mop Wod had none

Legion BFA and Slands had mega dungeons added