Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Is it fair though to call a magical creature a mage? I think that’s stretching things a bit.
    Blue dragons use arcane magic, so yes

7+ Year Old Account
    ím glad you arent people than

I agree, in theory, that it would be better to have a class with three specs. Absolutely.

But conceptually, my biggest issue with Demon Hunters isn't that it's a two spec class. It's that the two specs are dull, uninspired, contain very few abilities, and did nothing "out of the box". It's a class that was lazily put together to cover a niche that was already covered well enough. The two specs part isn't great, but it's the fact that those two specs are shit that's the bigger problem.

If the Evoker has two great specs, and by great I mean cool abilities, fun and engaging gameplay, unique feel and a full allotment of spells, then I would rather have that than 3 bland and dull specs.

This image gives me Pennywise gaping his mouth vibes. Love it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jellmoo View Post
    I agree, in theory, that it would be better to have a class with three specs. Absolutely.

But conceptually, my biggest issue with Demon Hunters isn't that it's a two spec class. It's that the two specs are dull, uninspired, contain very few abilities, and did nothing "out of the box". It's a class that was lazily put together to cover a niche that was already covered well enough. The two specs part isn't great, but it's the fact that those two specs are shit that's the bigger problem.

If the Evoker has two great specs, and by great I mean cool abilities, fun and engaging gameplay, unique feel and a full allotment of spells, then I would rather have that than 3 bland and dull specs.
    well that’s not true at all
    ...Le Poète est semblable au prince des nuées
    Qui hante la tempête e se rit de l'archer;
    Exilé sul le sol au milieu des huées,
    Ses ailes de géant l'empêchent de marcher.

Charles Baudelaire

Every new class should have a tank spec, they're always in demand.

Quote Originally Posted by Branflakes6000 View Post
    Not true, Tank players really should stop acting like spoilt brats, honestly you've had 3 new tanks all with new classes over the years and because one class doesnt have a tank spec you are all spitting your dummies out, get over it.

Everyone else who plays Ranged DPS have had to wait a VERY long time for this treatment and we've been very patient, this will probably be the only ranged DPS we get ina VERy long time again so let us have our moment ok?!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Malorne the White Stag View Post
    Blue dragons use arcane magic, so yes
    Hmm, that’s a broad definition for Mages, but okay.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyrexia View Post
    this will probably be the only ranged DPS we get ina VERy long time again so let us have our moment ok?!
    On pace for the only ranged DPS added in what 18 years?

Quote Originally Posted by ChairmanKaga View Post
    On pace for the only ranged DPS added in what 18 years?
    Sounds about right yes, But all you see is Tank players throwing a hissy fit because the role is not for them.. They're so spoilt they think it all revolves around them.

I have a dream, that one day all classes will have 4 specs. So no it doesn't really bother me.

Warlock - either blood healing or pit lord tanking

Mage - chronomancy healing

Priest - inquisitor

Monk - red crane range spec

Rogue - ranged assassin spec / outlaw is tank

DH - ranged weapon spec like that hearthstone card / 2 hander spec

Shaman - earth tank spec

Hunter - tank spec where you actively swap control of the pet and the hunter.

Warrior - gladiator

Dk - necromantic healing

Paladin - ranged weapon spec like a monster hunter van Helsing theme

And as for evoker....

Hmmm I guess at least one melee spec, since dragons can melee and maybe a ranged weapon spe. Their gimmick is combining draconic powers with mortal weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by Branflakes6000 View Post
    Evokers are the FIRST new class to not have a tank spec. Death Knights, Monks, Demon Hunters have all had tank specs and none made an impact on the demand for tanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    BLZ stated specifically that the game doesnt need more melee dps and I personally happen to agree.
    I think it's more so Blizzard using that excuse because they've said for the longest time that it is harder to make encounters melee friendly.

Figuring it up just now we are at 11 Ranged Specs, 13 Melee, 6 Healers and 6 Tanks. So it's not like we are overflowing with melee, it's just that there are rarely encounters where it is feasible to bring melee or ranged.

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    And as a tank, I dont think that fit. Even though I dont give a shit about lore most of the time, dragons are like THE magic beings if any in WoW, would just be completely silly.
    What's funny is when we got legion artifacts I can't remember any that were dragon related for casters. The only Legion artifact that was dragon related was the prot was the prot warrior one which is a tank spec.

Frost Mage was by the first guardian of Tirisfal. Fire Mages was from the Sunstriders and Arcane was from a caster.

So yeah, based on even artifacts alone would be enough to warrant a tank spec. Sure they use magic and everything, but dragons themselves can be super tanky. It'd be nice to see another tank built in a similar fashion to a paladin but using more dragon-esque powers.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitholan View Post
    Evokers are the FIRST new class to not have a tank spec. Death Knights, Monks, Demon Hunters have all had tank specs and none made an impact on the demand for tanks.
    Exactly, it isn't a lack of tanking specs that makes tanks harder to find. It is the fact not that many people want to tank and the few who try and step into new get shit on by people who expect every 5 man to be run with perfect mythic+ path or they shit their pants in rage. Why would anyone new want to be a tank especially in random queuing.

Quote Originally Posted by trapmaster View Post
    Didn't demon hunter third spec was scrapped? Wasn't it ranged spec?
    No. Demon Hunters were designed from the beginning with 2 specs in mind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Supposedly raiders in general were happy about the new class not having a tank or MDPS spec. I guess there’s a real glut of both in raiding circles?

If true, good call Blizzard.

Is it fair though to call a magical creature a mage? I think that’s stretching things a bit.
    Does this "magical creature" casts spells? If the answer is 'yes', then the creature is a spellcaster.

You linked to an image of a blue dragon, who are part of the Blue Dragonflight, literally the dragons that watch over magic. Malygos was the Aspect of Magic, remember?

So, yes, it is fair to call a blue dragon a "mage".

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Does this "magical creature" casts spells? If the answer is 'yes', then the creature is a spellcaster.
    So all spellcasters in game are Mages? That seems to redefine what they have already defined as Mage.

Quote Originally Posted by ChairmanKaga View Post
    So all spellcasters in game are Mages? That seems to redefine what they have already defined as Mage.
    Go back a little in this conversation to clarify this.

Quote Originally Posted by Akta View Post
    well that’s not true at all
    You'll have to narrow it down a bit here. What isn't true at all?