View Poll Results: How popular will this new class be?

Voters
359. This poll is closed
  • High Tier (Druid and Hunter level)

86 23.96%
  • Mid Tier (Demon Hunter and Death Knight Level)

155 43.18%
  • Low Tier (Monk level)

118 32.87%
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'll simply say this; If Blizzard nails the appearance of the Dracthyr and the Visage forms, I can see DEs being one of the top three classes for perpetuity.

I have absolute faith they will accomplish exactly that.

I put low tier for the simple fact that the new race can only be 2 specs of ranged dps and healer. Also, the ranged spec looks like it will be forced into melee as part of its rotation. Additionally, players can't use race change tokens on their existing favorite main character.

I believe players should decide more on the token classes. And stop evoking to higher levels. Unless they just want to keep spending more hours developing a character they won't use. My opinion. We need wizards to merge more with the hunters. And make them occassionally have dialogue that is more relevant.

Probably popular until level 20-30 before drastically plummeting.

Then again, depends on how broken the DPS/Healing is.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    I'll simply say this; If Blizzard nails the appearance of the Dracthyr and the Visage forms, I can see DEs being one of the top three classes for perpetuity.

This pretty much but what they've shown so far ain't it.

DKs and DHs are popular due to their visuals, the fantasy trope and way they got introduced + the foothold they had in the lore, the majority of players don't choose a class for gameplay as much as they do due to the above things.

In League, Yasuo and Yone are 2 of the most popular (and hated lmao) champions due to most people loving the samurai edgelord style, yet the majority of their mains can't even escape silver elo and are not doing themselves a favor by playing these difficult to pilot characters.

Monk didn't have this visual/trope aspect as strong and for evokers we'll have to see, dragons are kinda a WoW thing so there's that but the "coolness/edgelord" factor isn't there as much.

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    Its gonna be on the lower side,in fact im pretty sure it will be the least popular class and race simply because of the nature of it,not everyone who wants to play an evoker will want to be that race,and people who want to play the race may end up not wanting the class

the concept naturaly brings extra hurdles against it,and my guess is that it was done on purpose to not have 90% of the playterbase flood to it,in wrath launch there were bg's i played where only dk's and paladins were in lol
    Not everyone have strong feelings towards it being one class/race combo, most people won't care much
    if it feels otherwise because u are hearing the vocal minority complaining endlessly

- - - Updated - - -

What about people who don't care about this? it's clueless of you to assume that this is all it takes for it to become popular

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dragonflight10 View Post
    What about people who don't care about this? it's clueless of you to assume that this is all it takes for it to become popular
    Honestly, I think it's going to be popular regardless. The concept is too unique and novel to be unpopular.

Honestly, I think it's going to be popular regardless. The concept is too unique and novel to be unpopular.
    I agree with you

I don't expect them to be very popular. Maybe DH level, but definitely not more than that.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

I think monk level. (Edit: I was looking at some analytics and monks get a bad fame, but the least popular class seems to be rogue).
    They are limited to one race and they can only fulfill 2 roles. Also, they are casters. They tend to be less popular than melee.

Of course, at the start they will be like the plague. But, i expect it to go down in popularity faster than DH's, which i must say have become a bit of a rarity in SL after season 1.

With that said, i think "popularity" is irrelevant for classes. They don't need to appeal to everyone. Just some. Many of us play multiple toons as well.
    Last edited by Swnem; 2022-06-28 at 01:12 AM.

Low tier more than likely. Casters generally rate mid to low in popularity in wow. Mages were always in the middle and locks a little bit lower than that. You can make a case for hunters but personally consider them a ranged physical class than an outright spell caster. Just like any new class, there will be a ton running around in the beginning and then after about 6 months, the luster will wear off.

The real question is what class will be hit the hardest when people leave that class for the evoker. I left Monk for Demon Hunter and so far Evoker isn't doing anything to make me want to leave my DH.

5+ Year Old Account
    If it atleast would have some catchy sounding name to it, like "Dragon MAGE" or "Dragonsworn", but with Evoker...first thought comes in mind is Evocuation and fast at that.

Little bit lower than DH, since you can't just beat masculinity of Illidan and his scars.
    Please, there a perfect example of hypocritical thinking:
    If Tinkers had anything to do with Hunters, but they don’t. Unlike Bards which are linked to Rogues.

The real question is, what classes/specs will the Evoker pull mains from? How many people prefer to role ranged DPS and healing specs? Shaman maybe, since they have both a healing and ranged DPS spec. To answer the original question, I think low tier as the Evoker only has two specs and I don't see a lot of people moving from their old mains to this class.

I would say it depends on how well they dps/heal.

Probably more than Monk but less than DK and DH.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Slight peak at start gettibg close to dh/dk tier, but below that.
    Sure it will stick around for a certain group after dragonflight is over, but it wont be top tier popularity after.

Hype is purely about being a dragon, for how long will that stay cool? How long till the one class/race combo starts to irritate, you want to play a other class.

Till then.. its hard to tell, but with the sparse options and seeing how we move on from theme to theme its hard to put them high on the list, I can see myself being bored with the concept rather soon. They dont feel very layered or deep in lore either. Its hard to connect with them imo.
    Last edited by Alanar; 2022-07-16 at 08:06 PM.

All I know is that for the first year I'll be declining every evoker that applies to any of my groups >.<

15+ Year Old Account
    If they meta im in.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange Aeons even Death may die.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azerox View Post
    If they meta im in.
    Would be great if they will end up slightly below that atleast and then take a look at their popularity.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by cocomen2 View Post
    If it atleast would have some catchy sounding name to it, like "Dragon MAGE" or "Dragonsworn", but with Evoker...first thought comes in mind is Evocuation and fast at that.

Little bit lower than DH, since you can't just beat masculinity of Illidan and his scars.
    Evoker is another word for mage/wizard... Also "evocuation" isn't a word so...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nokura View Post
    All I know is that for the first year I'll be declining every evoker that applies to any of my groups >.<
    How quaint....

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann