Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well, Murozond is something that's going to happen eventually and quite frankly what better time to do it than now, alongside with Infinite Dragonflight wrap up.

These are very obvious options that may happen. After all even in preview we got bits and bobs about Kalec, Alextrasza and Ysera's brat, but Bronze lead was pretty absent.

Primalist set implies that we will deal with proto-drakes and Galakrond-like threat of some sort pretty much from a get go, which should leave another half of expansion for Bronze/Infinite Dragonflight mess.

But on the other hand, who knows. It may end up being Jailer 2.0 too with some one off big bad with little backstory.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Well, Murozond is something that's going to happen eventually and quite frankly what better time to do it than now, alongside with Infinite Dragonflight wrap up.

These are very obvious options that may happen. After all even in preview we got bits and bobs about Kalec, Alextrasza and Ysera's brat, but Bronze lead was pretty absent.

Primalist set implies that we will deal with proto-drakes and Galakrond-like threat of some sort pretty much from a get go, which should leave another half of expansion for Bronze/Infinite Dragonflight mess.

But on the other hand, who knows. It may end up being Jailer 2.0 too with some one off big bad with little backstory.
    or that the jailer was behind the old gods all along

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by [Apok] View Post
    or that the jailer was behind the old gods all along
    This your first decades old fantasy franchise?

It's like Marvel comics, in the end it is so long and huge that creators inevitably write themselves into a corner, are forced to resolve existing threats in some capacity and then have to conjure new "the real threat that planned this all along" every 5-10 years to keep the lights on.

Shaming Blizz on that is kind of silly - are you going to go all up in arms because there were no Old Gods whatsoever in Warcraft 1/2 too? That's how it goes - there will be new things for years to come and some of them will have to be tied to the existing world in some fashion.
    Last edited by Gaidax; 2022-04-21 at 10:03 AM.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Give me Tuskarr and I will forgive blizzard for everything and give them my money.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    What even imply that is going to be yet again another focking elf? just because sylvanus cinematic?

Event the tuskkar is 500% better than another crappy elf reskin
    It's gonna be an Elf race. My hope is for a Naga allied race, with a night elven based humanoid form and a Naga normal form. that would be insane and very exciting. Oh boy, I can't wait.

Either that, or it will be high elves.

5+ Year Old Account
    I would want a Kyrian or Venthyr or a Constellar. There is too much of damn elves.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stone Dude View Post
    It's not very different. It's very standard and has the least new things introduced we've ever seen. The biggest change is the new talent system, which is really just the old talent trees, just a bit more complex, but certainly nothing revolutionary.
    1- New talents (no, doesn´t look like the old, maybe a similar concept base, as they said)
    2- New attack mechanics introduced (we never had that before)
    3- New flight mechanics (big imptact feature, also new)
    4- Largest map (that alone implies potential content)
    5- New radically different race.
    6- Big professions revamp. (This will carry a big impact)
    7- And obviously there is more to come, they simply didn´t have it ready to announce. But it doesn´t mean that there isn´t more.
    8- We also don´t have a clear antagonist so far, instead, they say that we focus on discovery and adventure (kinda new one could argue)

So it is already quite different.

It shouldn´t be much more different tho, for that matter, people should play different games.

10+ Year Old Account
    playable Tuskarr... finally my day has come... :P
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

new model gnols plz

Quote Originally Posted by Northelim View Post
    I am gonna guess Tuskarr is the allied race. They have an otter mount, they wear player model glasses and they added females and kids and upressed them.

Who are the Darkfallen??
    Darkfallen are the "dark" elves that we meet in Shadowlands and they were present even in WOTLK (there was a raid boss with whole theme around them).

Btw I was thinking that, too. But will Tuskarrs be neutral then? Sounds weird. My dreams were for Dark Ranger in pre-patch but it's looking very unlikely at this point and I hate Blizzard for it, because it's looking like this was the last train and we will never see them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    It's gonna be an Elf race. My hope is for a Naga allied race, with a night elven based humanoid form and a Naga normal form. that would be insane and very exciting. Oh boy, I can't wait.

Either that, or it will be high elves.
    How does Naga fit anything the previous and next expansion? Hint: They don't.

I want Naga more than anything, but they are not happening right now. If Blizz pulls their head out of their *** we might see Azshara expansion with fully fledged Naga race (not allied) come with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Stone Dude View Post
    Where was that said or shown?
    Several interviews have confirmed it, even one from Ion himself.
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

Gimme GNolls and Tuskar! Or Centaurs would also be awesome

And f off with even MORE elves... i hoped the new dragons would be able to decide what race they look like at least...

Still holding out on Sethrak, have since BFA alpha, but I'm kinda resigned that's probably never going to be a thing. That ship probably sailed for good when they gave us poxy diaper gnomes instead

Ethereal and Outcast Arakkoa are all I ask for.

Quote Originally Posted by Deventh View Post

How does Naga fit anything the previous and next expansion? Hint: They don't.

I want Naga more than anything, but they are not happening right now. If Blizz pulls their head out of their *** we might see Azshara expansion with fully fledged Naga race (not allied) come with it.
    That is assuming they don't play a role. Did Dark Iron dwarves or Mag'har orcs fit the BFA expansion? They did not, but they were new allied races and consequently they were written into the story becasue they were new allied races, even though they had nothing to do with Kul'tirans or Zandalari trolls.

Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    Talent system complete revamp, class changes, no new borrowed power, revamped flying from the start.

Its actually a pretty big design shift.

Just because it doesnt tick your exact boxes doesnt mean its not a big shift

- - - Updated - - -

What where you hoping for? Because what we have heard so far is pretty big in terms of design pholosophy.

Granted you may have wanted 5 new battle pets or instant lfr queue, free gear from world quests or whatever but that doesnt mean they didnt make a large design shift.
    It is still new continent, new dungeons, new raid, new gimmick feature, some changes to existing stuff. There is a big gap between 'different' and 'very, very different'. This just doesn't hit it. It is still more of the same instead of a shakeup of making old content more relevant, more adventure style gameplay, hard solo content intertwined with exploration, massive class shakeups, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by SoundOfGuns View Post
    Im going to shoot myself if they blurt out Tuskarr before Sethrak.

Then again, while i don't give a rats ass, more people want those than Ogres and i can get behind them as a more unique thing. We will see if this isnt just another stupid hoax.
    No lie, I really want Snek people. If they were alliance only, I'd probably only play alliance at that point, unless they couldn't be one of my favorite classes, but since my favorite classes are rogue, shaman, and priest, I don't think that will be a problem.

I still think it's the 4 covenant races.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellspawn View Post
    If it is part of the preorder it would be not good to announce them without doing preorder at the same time
    Why? BfA's Allied races were revealed at Blizzcon, but it was not revealed that they would be part of the preorder bonus. Neither was the preorder date revealed.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    This your first decades old fantasy franchise?

It's like Marvel comics, in the end it is so long and huge that creators inevitably write themselves into a corner, are forced to resolve existing threats in some capacity and then have to conjure new "the real threat that planned this all along" every 5-10 years to keep the lights on.

Shaming Blizz on that is kind of silly - are you going to go all up in arms because there were no Old Gods whatsoever in Warcraft 1/2 too? That's how it goes - there will be new things for years to come and some of them will have to be tied to the existing world in some fashion.
    I think this is a copout, the biggest problem Blizz has been having isn't the overarching story but the pace of it. Legion did a fairly good job at pacing, we found the broken isles and kind of went through them. Suramar and Broken Shore being sort of shrouded or unreachable was just fine from the outset. It was a bit of a jump to Macaree or whatever it's spelt, but it made sense.
    BFA we start in the South Seas, and then all of a sudden Ashara, and then suddenly the Black Empire. These were huge jumps, completely different enemies, it's jarring, especially when so much goes left unresolved or unquestioned back on just the first zones that were added. Mechagon would have fit fine in a story just encompassing the South Seas, maybe the last patch could have been Nazjatar, but as a foot hold to invade the Naga main zone. Then the next expansion could have had the Naga and the last patch could have been hints into old gods and Nzoth, then the expansion after that would have been only Nzoth, black empire stuff.
    It would allow them to build stories and tension, people would look forward to the next expansion because it would be continuing a deep story they've been living. The way they do it now, the story is thin and you smash through it like a cheap wall, you don't go room to room seeing all there in this house, you smash straight through the walls to get to the final boss and any little story you pick up that doesn't get destroyed by your path of destruction is incidental and unearned.
    This method of story telling is entirely on Blizz. You could make the argument that kind of storytelling would be bad for game health, but the storytelling they are using now is also bad for game health, so your argument would be wrong either way.