Page 9 of 32 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    maybe its not an allied race but a new customization like the night elves night warrior.

if it has to do with calia, maybe a undead customization with the undead dark ranger elf model, or the undead humans like the scholomance bosses

maybe they didnt announce preorder yet because its not properly finished

still too early to know tho

Quote Originally Posted by Eosia View Post
    No, it's pretty definitive in Cata:

Defeated
    Murozond yells: You know not what you have done. Aman'Thul... What I... have... seen...
    Nozdormu says: At last it has come to pass. The moment of my demise. The loop is closed. My future self will cause no more harm.
    Nozdormu says: Still, in time, I will... fall to madness. And you, heroes... will vanquish me. The cycle will repeat. So it goes.
    Nozdormu says: What matters is that Azeroth did not fall; that we survived to fight another day.
    Nozdormu turns away from where Murozond died and looks up at the Hourglass of Time.
    Nozdormu says: All that matters... is this moment.

So bringing him in to be a raid would be a retcon. Note in the above dialogue, Nozdormu knew this moment was coming.

And yet, the new raid could take place during any moment of Muruzond's life between now and the day he dies in the End Times dungeon.

Jesus, Dark Ranger friends. Your shot was in Shadowlands, it's over. No Dark Rangers, sorry. Move on. We're on to Dragons and Adventure. Just be happy Tinker friends didn't get what they wanted either.

Quote Originally Posted by KayRule View Post
    Devs confirm no Allied Races until after 10.0, focus is only on Dracthyr for now
    https://www.breakflip.com/fr/world-o...onflight-36185

Can we stop talking about this ""leak"" now?
    Here's a DeepL Translation of the relevant question from this interview:

Will we be able to play as a Sethrak?

Patrick Dawson: "Allied races are a very important topic, a lot of people come to us even colleagues who ask "can I play as a sethrak?" or murloc, or centaur etc. There are always ideas though when we add a race to WoW we want to make sure that there is a clear intention behind the decision. We'll discuss this with the team, you never know what we're going to add, there's no clear plan for 10.0 we're really focusing on the Dracthyrs."

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    And yet, the new raid could take place during any moment of Muruzond's life between now and the day he dies in the End Times dungeon.
    Just what we need, the Terminator sequels of WoW expansions. As if the alternate universe wasn't enough.

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    So which leaker is right? Scaleface said a November 2022 release. Redshirt leak says Q1 2023. I guess it is possible both are correct and Blizzard change the planned date after some promotional material was created/sent. It could explain why pre-orders are not out even though some of their Dragonflight e-mails have "pre-purchase" as part of the link in the e-mail.
    Dates get shifted and pushed back all the time, so I wouldn't discredit anyone on dates alone.

A lot of people in this thread don't seem to take into account that Blizzard are highly unlikely to add an Allied race for only one of the two factions. Most likely, it's going to be a race for both factions.

In that regard, Tuskarr would make sense. Darkfallen, not so much.
    You cannot do that while stunned.
    You die.
    You are dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Janitor View Post
    They never made sense to begin with. Maybe Blizzard (read: the new guys in charge) is actually taking their own lore a bit more serious now that they've made it their own.
    After what Danuser said about the plot of Dragonflight, no they are not.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    After what Danuser said about the plot of Dragonflight, no they are not.
    What did he say? I mean I'm not expecting them to come up with good stuff, I just could see them be less dismissive about the details, unlike the stuff their predecessors made.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by KayRule View Post
    Devs confirm no Allied Races until after 10.0, focus is only on Dracthyr for now
    https://www.breakflip.com/fr/world-o...onflight-36185

Can we stop talking about this ""leak"" now?
    KayRule is spreading false information. That Breakflip interview specifically asked about "Centaur, Furblog, Murloc, Sethrek & Gnoll" allied races, to which they said there's no storyline that would facilitate them being allied races in 10.0.... There's no confirmation a different allied race isn't coming in 9.2.5 - Only those 4 are ruled out.

Will we be able to play as a Sethrak?

Patrick Dawson: "Allied races are a very important topic, a lot of people come to us even colleagues who ask "can I play as a sethrak?" or murloc, or centaur etc. There are always ideas though when we add a race to WoW we want to make sure that there is a clear intention behind the decision. We'll discuss this with the team, you never know what we're going to add, there's no clear plan for 10.0 we're really focusing on the Dracthyrs."
    This doesn't rule out anything about 9.2.5 - Fine that they're focusing on Dracthyr because any allied race designed for 9.2.5 would have been created before them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    That's just one timeline. We're already past Endtime because Deathwing didn't destroy the planet.
    Last edited by Ersula; 2022-04-25 at 07:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    That's just one timeline. We're already past Endtime because Deathwing didn't destroy the planet.
    Case in point. We could fight Murozond in every single raid from now until WoW gets shut down and kill him each time and it would still never be a retcon.

Quote Originally Posted by stormgust View Post
    It was about 6.5 months going from BfA alpha start to release, about 7.5 months for Shadowlands, and about 9 months for Legion, though the later one had a christmas break in between.

If they're fast and start testing by mid may, we may get a november release - as "leaked" by Scaleface. If they're on the slower side of things, I'd say february 23 would be a good bet.
    I really can't see the logic of november release. It seems too soon, no matter how I turn it around. Given we still have 4th season of SL ahead of us and I think that they are buying time.

Q1 is where all my money is(feb. more specific).

Quote Originally Posted by HansOlo View Post
    I really can't see the logic of november release. It seems too soon, no matter how I turn it around. Given we still have 4th season of SL ahead of us and I think that they are buying time.
    Shadowlands wasn't done when 9.0 released.

Quote Originally Posted by SoundOfGuns View Post
    Im going to shoot myself if they blurt out Tuskarr before Sethrak.

Then again, while i don't give a rats ass, more people want those than Ogres and i can get behind them as a more unique thing. We will see if this isnt just another stupid hoax.
    Yay more dev time wasted on a race that nobody will play just like mecha gnomes and fat humans. People like to play attractive races I realize that mmo champ doesn't understand this but numbers show it. If anything the vampires from ICC would be a much better use of time because people would play them.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Janitor View Post
    What did he say? I mean I'm not expecting them to come up with good stuff, I just could see them be less dismissive about the details, unlike the stuff their predecessors made.
    I cant answer your question but i can tell you that the dude you where asking the question to has literally not had anything positive to say about anything in a long time. All his posts are negative, every single one. I wouldnt expect any reasoning behind it, he is just angry.

I honestly think Blizzard has tried to take the lore seriously but i think they have mostly done a poor job of telling their stories in wow lately. Especially the motivations and feelings of the characters that we are supposed to root for or hate have just been really hard to follow in general.

The Sylvanas book really did a lot to explain what was going on, but its not in the game. I think their major problem is that they are trying to push too much of a narrative into too short of a spawn of ingame time.

A character in a game that changes allegiances multiple times in an expansion(soul split or not) is just really hard to follow.

Anyway i'm rambling: i just hope blizzard learns to tell smaller stories in the game or at least span them out over a longer period of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    Shadowlands wasn't done when 9.0 released.
    You think it's standard/expected, that they are releasing unfinished projects or what should I understand from the message?

Quote Originally Posted by Amnaught View Post
    Did everynody just give up on wanting Covenant Allied Races?

Vampires plz blizz
    Revendreth was the only zone I enjoyed of SL and even I'm lukewarm on the quasi Vamps as ARs.

Quote Originally Posted by ChairmanKaga View Post
    Revendreth was the only zone I enjoyed of SL and even I'm lukewarm on the quasi Vamps as ARs.
    Gargoyles wouldve been a better choice imho. But I'll gladly settle for vampires.

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeJuice View Post
    Yes its totally reasonable to believe that the same people who allowed sexual assault to take place because they're too afraid to lose their jobs are DM'ing fucking "red shirt guy" of all people top secret information that could get them fired, and he would share that private information over fucking TWITTER and risk losing a friend or an inside contact. Totally leaked.
    You're awfully angry for someone who has no idea whats going on at all, lol. Slow down and read.

Red Shirt Guy isn't the source of the info. He links a 4chan post with a leak 3 days before the reveal.

Quote Originally Posted by wowrefugee View Post
    You're awfully angry for someone who has no idea whats going on at all, lol. Slow down and read.

Red Shirt Guy isn't the source of the info. He links a 4chan post with a leak 3 days before the reveal.
    dont care. I dont like blizz and especially hate that piece of shit Ion. They lie about everything, don't trust a word they say. Doubt anything ever gets leaked. More like they know they're about to drop a shitty expansion and want to give people time to accept it and conform.